• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Short-term Pokémon: Destiny Rebellion - (Postponed)

This thread's author is looking for short-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomRyan

Novice
kcqzNVX.png
Pokémon: Destiny Rebellion is a game project that acts like a fan-made version of Generation X. It shall feature a new battle gimmick known as Fusion Strike, a robust trainer customization feature, and a new region based on the Pacific Northwest to explore. There will be new Pokémon to capture and train, such as several new regional variants and 100 new Pokémon, some of which are cross-generation species.

What should I know before I join?
  • Destiny Rebellion's art style will feature the Generation IV sprites and tilesets.​
  • The development kit is Pokémon Essentials Version 21.1. It is also using the unofficial EBDX port for this development kit. This EBDX port usage and Pokémon Essentials Version is subject to change likely when new versions of the kits become available.​
  • All Pokémon sprites in the battle scenes are static.​

What does Pokémon: Destiny Rebellion need?
Destiny Rebellion needs...
  • Sprite Artists: Tasks include...
    • Assisting in the creation of Pokémon and trainer sprites for the battle scenes.
    • Assisting in the creation of Pokémon and trainer sprites in the overworld scenes.
    • Assisting in the creation of tileset elements, chiefly obstacles and buildings.
    • Assisting in the creation of dialogue portraits for key characters.
    • Assist in revamping parts of the UI's graphical design.

• Composers and Sound Designers: Tasks include...
    • Assisting in the creation of soundtracks for the game. The goal is to have a fully custom soundtrack for this project.
    • Creating cries for the new Pokémon in this project.

• Programmers: Tasks include...
    • Creating code that allows the player to customize their avatar, such as the gender and articles of clothing.
    • Creating unique effects for both new moves and new abilities.
    • Creating code for the game's battle gimmick: Fusion Strike. Fusion Strike allows a Pokémon to use all four of their moves at once.
    • Revamping parts of the UI.
    • Create code that that allows a certain Pokémon to act as HM moves in the field.
Who is currently involved?
The current members and their roles are as follows (Last updated on 05/07/2024):
  • RandomRyan: Project Lead, Artist (General Management)​
  • BluZulFish: Sound Designer (Pokémon Cries)​
  • LimaPro: Artist (Pokémon Battle Sprites)​
What constitutes the plot?
26 years have passed since the events of Pokémon: Deity Guardians. The heroes of Deity Guardians have moved on from the Sakusei Region and into the Evermeedo Region, both to raise families and to seek new challenges as Pokémon Trainers.
The Evermeedo Region has gained a reputation as the new world stage for Pokémon battles. League rules dictate that anyone participating in the Evermeedo League challenge must use Pokémon caught and raised within the region.
A small legendary Pokémon will befriend you and help you through your journey. This Pokémon has a quest of its own, where it is in search of its partner. Doing so will keep the world of life and death in balance.
Meanwhile, a villainous team known as Team Terminus is causing trouble in shrines scattered throughout the region. They may be hooligans causing trouble, but there is a more insidious plot being carried out by Team Terminus.

How can I join your team?
Currently, due to circumstances beyond my control, both development and recruitment for Destiny Rebellion is on hiatus. Development and recruitment will be postponed until further notice.

Last edited:

BlueZulfish

Casual Water-type Enjoyer & Cry Composer
I'm a sound designer so ifyw cries, I'm that guy

RandomRyan

Novice
Weekly Bump on 3/18/24. Pokémon: Destiny Rebellion seeks more team members. Music Composer positions have been filled, but extra ones are welcome to join. Additional Programmers are preferred. Additional Artists are preferred.

Note: Communication with me throughout this week will be limited.

RandomRyan

Novice
Weekly Bump on 5/07/24. Pokémon: Destiny Rebellion seeks more team members. Music Composers are in need. Programmers are in need. Additional Artists are welcome.

Note: Communication with me may be limited due to real-life priorities. However, I will still try my best to ensure that I communicate with anyone regarding Destiny Rebellion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back