• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Freelance Amateur Scripter Looking for work!

This person is offering their services to others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittiesInSpace

Rookie
  • Expertise: Scripting!
  • Examples of Work: I don't have any large-scale Pokémon fangame work under my belt, however, I do have some examples from a previous project I worked on with a friend! (These are all little stories for an in-game library)
  • (These are all little stories for an in-game library)
    ‘The Miltank Goes Moo’
    (First time reading) "The Miltank goes... ‘Moo!’ The Psyduck goes... ‘Quack!’ The Rattata goes... ‘Squeak!’ The Pumpkaboo goes... ‘Boooo!’ …Maybe this book is for toddlers, not you."
    (Second time reading) "The Rockruff goes... 'Ruff!' The Cufant goes... 'Pffffffah!' The Quilfish goes... 'Blub!' The Pyroar goes... 'Roar!' ...Seriously, I don't think this is the section you wanted to look at."
    (Third time reading) "Of course, after a long day of Mooing, a Miltank can get rather tired. So, he tells allll of his friends goodnight before mooing himself right to sleep! ...There's nothing left to look at. What more did you expect from a picture book?"
    (Every time reading after this) "There's nothing new to see. What else did you expect? Pokemon Farm?"

‘Rockruff’s Big Race’
    "It’s a big day for Rockruff, today! Why? Well, today is the big race! Every Pokémon from Alola to Unova will be attending! Rockruff is really nervous though. What if he doesn’t win? The prize is a big prize. He could get anything he wanted with that prize! A million bones, so many outfits, and so many berries! But first, he needs to win the race. So he trains and trains, and finally, it’s the big day. He runs against his opponents, and he’s actually in the lead! But, when he sees an injured Lilipup, he has to make a hard choice. Win the race, or help a new friend? He was quick to make his decision, friends are important! So, maybe Rockruff didn’t win the race. But, he did make a new friend! …Wow, you really wasted your time reading that book. Isn't this the kid's section?"

“You open up a random book to a random page… ‘If he [Arthur, Braixen, number thirteen] had to die, he decided he would die singing. And doing what he knew now was his destiny: to sing to the lonely comfort the frightened, and awaken the love in sleeping hearts’…The book feels familiar, though it’s rather big. Maybe try the kid’s section?”

“You open up a random book to a random page… It’s something about Oinkologne and Communism.”

(Quote for the second to last one is from “The Wonderling” by Mira Bartok. The only thing I changed was adding the Braixen :)

• (These are some Pokedex entrees I’ve made.)

Bulbasaur, the Seed Pokemon. Young Bulbasaur’s spend their days waiting for the seed on their back to grow. Often used as delicacies in fancy restaurants, these seeds are absolutely packed with nutrients.

Ivysaur, the Seed Pokemon. When the seed on its back begins to bloom, some Ivysaur have been shown to loose the ability to use their hindlegs. While the reasoning for this is unknown, researchers theorize that this is because this is the stage when the initial seed begins to loose nutrients.

Venusaur, the Seed Pokemon. As the flower on its back blooms to completion, Venusaur are healthier than ever. During the summer, they’re able to convert sunlight into energy making them even more powerful.
  • Method of Contact: Discord, please! My username is chaotic_energy (There are underscores at the beginning and end of the user, but relic castle is turning it into italics ;w;)
  • Timezone: MST
  • Additional Information: I'm new to the Pokémon scripting scene, but I want to get some work under my belt. For now, I am working for free as I don't have many credentials, but I'd never oppose to a little bit of pay! This isn't going to be my main focus though. I'm currently in school and that will always be my first focus. Of course, that doesn't mean you're getting thrown to the back burner, that just means that Monday-Friday I won't be able to be as active. I work best in a team with other people who can script and edit my work, though I can work alone for smaller projects. I can do anything from Pokédex entrees to NPC text to random things you see on signs! If you want a little bit more detail on what I can do, dm me so I can see what I'm working with. I can do a variety of writing styles, though most of my work is comedic and lighthearted. Hope to work with you soon!

Last edited:

SkittiesInSpace

Rookie
How much do you charge?
As I haven't done a lot in the way of scripting yet, I don't actively charge unless I'm doing a bigger project. Of course, that's not to say I'd never accept payment- I am a broke college student after all- but for now I'm just putting stuff under my belt.

darkwingdaffy

Novice
hey could you make a script where in certain parts of the game people can add or draw their own pokemon in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back