• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Pokedex Tasks 1.1.0

dewm3734

Rookie
dewm3734 submitted a new resource:

Pokedex Tasks - Adds Legends Arceus like tasks for each Pokemon to the Pokedex

Hello everyone!
This is my first contribution to the community! I have never liked how merely catching a Pokemon completes its entry in the Pokedex, I think that Legends Arceus did the Pokedex well with its task system so I have decided to make a plugin for this for Essentials.

What this plugin does is upon seeing a Pokemon for the first time, loads its tasks and allows for them to be completed. The $player.pokedex.tasks_completed object is a hash of each Pokemon and...

Read more about this resource...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Some screenshots would be nice for developers to better understand what this does.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I love this and will add it my game when I get home :) I'll let you know what improvements I see, and I'll likely tweak the UI.

I agree with Jangajinx that adding screenshots to show off what this can do would be an easy way to get people to use your plugin!

SomebodyRandom

Trainer
Could you add support for Modular UI Scenes? I don't know if that or in-depth pokedex data page (requires MUIS) broke it, but I can't access the tasks page. I'm assuming it's just because off MUIS tho

dewm3734

Rookie
Thanks for your feedback. I will add some screenshots bc duh, should've thought of that, thank you Jangajinx for the suggestion. SomebodyRandom, modular UI Scenes support recently made its way onto the future updates list but I will not have enough time until the weekend. I'm going to do the Modular UI Scenes support in two parts. 1st, just straight-up support. 2nd, I would like to support Lucidious' In-Depth Pokedex Data Page, where completing tasks unlocks differing sections of this page. Stay tuned!

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
Thanks for your feedback. I will add some screenshots bc duh, should've thought of that, thank you Jangajinx for the suggestion. SomebodyRandom, modular UI Scenes support recently made its way onto the future updates list but I will not have enough time until the weekend. I'm going to do the Modular UI Scenes support in two parts. 1st, just straight-up support. 2nd, I would like to support Lucidious' In-Depth Pokedex Data Page, where completing tasks unlocks differing sections of this page. Stay tuned!
I will wait for it and use it in my own game.

Hadu

Rookie
I'm currently using Lucidious' In-Depth Pokedex Data Page and would love to see a combination of this plugin and yours!

dewm3734

Rookie
dewm3734 updated Pokedex Tasks with a new update entry:

First Update!

Hello everyone.
This is the first update for this plugin. Honestly, it's not much of an update as I've only added support for Lucidious69's Modular UI Scenes and done a rework of the UI.
View attachment 26221
View attachment 26222
[\SPOILER]

UI design is not my thing so that took quite a while to get right, and even then, the design is probably lacking. Anyway, future updates are planned, so far we have:
  • Two new tasks to add, HATCHED and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

dewm3734

Rookie
Hey there! This looks like a really fun addition, I wonder is this plugin only working on Essentials v21 or is it also compatible with v20.1?
I don't have v20.1 and I also have an extremely slow computer to work with so at this point I'm unsure if I want to support it, sorry.
Does completing all the tasks increase the shiny rate?
At the moment no, but I am happy to add support for this

Desbrina

Trainer
There seems to be an issue when pressing up on the tasks list page. Pressing down in fine, but if you press up it eventually ends up on a blank screen with no tasks, you then have to press down several times to get back to the list

I also seem to be having some errors with it.
I've installed the plugin, started a new game. The plugin is loaded, and I can see the page in the Pokédex, but keep getting errors when trying to do tasks. If I add the Pokémon or use the set seen method, I don't get any issues

If I catch The Pokémon it errors when loading its tasks page. If I add manually or just use the set_seen method its alright

Using a move - Exception `NoMethodError' at [Pokedex Tasks] [006] Move Usage.rb:6 - undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass
Catching a Pokémon doesn't seem to register
Defeating worked
When viewing tasks in the Pokédex - Exception `NoMethodError' at [Pokedex Tasks] [001] Pokedex Tasks.rb:95 - undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass

It’s as though it’s only loading the Pokémon’s tasks if you add them manually or use the set seen method.

Last edited:

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Would be also cool to include customizable rewards for completing task or even all task.

Increase Shiny Rates
Increase EXP Rates
Increase Catch Rates
Rewardable Ribbon/Marks (From Improved Mementos - Ribbons & Marks maybe a Script that adds them automatically based on :SPECIES)
A Static Encounter (Allowing a Special Encounter with a Special Version of the Pokémon)

Last edited:

Vizra

Rookie
Is there a command to call this script or should it just appear in the pokedex?

kingdomharms

Novice
Is there any news on an update for this plugin? It causes nothing but errors and crashes for me. It crashes Ludicious89's Pokedex Data Page plugin but when I remove that plugin the Task page won't even show up. Catching Pokemon crashes the game. Adding them through debug crashes the game. Maybe I did something wrong but this is unusable in its current state.

Zephyrias

Novice
I'm having a similar issue with the above. I added a custom pokemon through a script call.

Code:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Script error in event 6 (coords 16,8), map 32 (Professor's Lab)
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
pkmn = Pokemon.new(:SABLEYE, 20)
pkmn.shiny = true
pkmn.makeMale
pkmn.item = :SPELLTAG
pkmn.nature = :NAUGHTY
pkmn.name = "Squall"
pkmn.poke_ball = :DUSKBALL
pkmn.learn_move(:LEER)
pkmn.learn_move(:NIGHTSHADE)
pkmn.learn_move(:ZENHEADBUTT)