• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Fakemon Festival Pack: Redux

Appletun's Apples

Trainer
As per a discussion in the Relic Castle server itself, I was hoping the community could get together and make another Fakemon Community Pack resource not unlike the one NocTurn released 3 years ago!

Note that you MUST have the rights to the Pokemon as a whole you are offering in for your contributions to be counted!

https://discord.com/invite/8kcxUY6EGP A permainvite to make discussion & submissions for the project easier! I will post updates from the server here as well!

Last edited:

Appletun's Apples

Trainer
Tienny (Fire/Normal), Corsopuntia (Grass/Ground) & Cursopuntia (Ghost/Ground).

Attachments

• bunny.png
    bunny.png
    415.6 KB · Views: 56
  • received_232059016611332-1.png
    received_232059016611332-1.png
    634.4 KB · Views: 59
  • received_284834961254771-2.png
    received_284834961254771-2.png
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan
As per a discussion in the Relic Castle server itself, I was hoping the community could get together and make another Fakemon Community Pack resource not unlike the one NocTurn released 3 years ago!
So you mean for the community to create public Fakemons in the form of art instead of pixel art this time? Or is it worth both art and pixel art? (I'm not on the server so I dunno much about it)

Appletun's Apples

Trainer
So you mean for the community to create public Fakemons in the form of art instead of pixel art this time? Or is it worth both art and pixel art? (I'm not on the server so I dunno much about it)
If you can contribute with pixel art that'd be perfectly fine but either works! You must own the Fakemon themselves to contribute in any form though!

Muffyang

Novice
Was the first fakemon festival even widely used? I only vaguely recall seeing a couple games feature them, but also that the mons chosen were radically different despite sharing sprites.
If we're designing from the ground up, it would be a good idea to provide more of a design. Looking through the Fakemon Festival pack, there's very few PBS files and most are lacking back/bag sprites. PBS entry is tedious, and the lack of it both hurts a pack being easy to use, as well as cross-game confusion.

Appletun's Apples

Trainer
Was the first fakemon festival even widely used? I only vaguely recall seeing a couple games feature them, but also that the mons chosen were radically different despite sharing sprites.
If we're designing from the ground up, it would be a good idea to provide more of a design. Looking through the Fakemon Festival pack, there's very few PBS files and most are lacking back/bag sprites. PBS entry is tedious, and the lack of it both hurts a pack being easy to use, as well as cross-game confusion.
Sounds good! I'm up to discuss how we should handle things.

idilio

Novice
Let's also think about those projects that have been in development for a long time! Overall this is a harmless and very useful resource for those who aren't able to design or commission for designs / sprites. PBS entries are often changed, too, considering how different games balance things and such.

Back