• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokémon Amber

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

idilio

Novice
#===================#
Pokémon Amber
Engine:
RPG Maker XP, Pokémon Essentials 20.1
#===================#​

Pokémon Amber is a project that resembles the traditional pokémon game; it tells the story of a trainer embarking on an adventure to become their region's champion. We're attempting our best to replicate and improve the GBA graphics and essence. Portions of this recruitment thread are written in spanish, this is due to the fact that I am encouraging any mexican developers to apply. Having someone else -- apart from me -- that lives here and has a similar life experience to help us would be ideal.

#===================#
Árida Region - Región de Árida
#===================#​

Árida is directly based on the northwestern area of México, filled to the brim with places to explore; even though very little information is publicly available to investigate about ancient civilizations of this area, we are referencing general mexican mythology to design our fan region's background and legends.

Árida está basada en el nor-oeste de México, hasta el tope de lugares para explorar; debido a la poca información disponible al público sobre las antiguas civilizaciones de esta área, estamos basando el trasfondo y leyendas de la región en la mitología general del país.

The player's place in the story is relatively simple; you, as a player, must complete the gym challenge and become a champion. However, there will be obstacles to overcome along the way. The gym challenge consists of 4 traditional gym leaders, 4 gym guardian pokémon challenges, the Elite 4, and beating the champion.

El lugar del jugador en la historia es relativamente simple; tú, como jugador, debes completar el reto pokémon y convertirte en el campeón. Esto no será fácil, puesto que habrán obstáculos en tu camino que deberás superar. El reto pokémon consiste en 4 gimnasios tradicionales, 4 gimnasios con un guardián pokémon, la Elite 4, y vencer al campeón.

#===================#
The Story - La historia
#===================#​

We explore the concept of balancing tradition and progress with our plot. Árida is not a barren, untamed land with "savage" civilizations, nor is it a futuristic "utopia"; Árida is an ever growing region with a big issue of balance. Some people cannot fathom the thought of leaving their old traditions behind; whereas some people can't stop looking ahead into the future, ignoring whatever is to their side. Our story is attempting to send a message to the player, critizicing the extreme nature of these two forms of thinking.

Exploramos el concepto del balance entre tradiciones y progreso con nuestra historia. Árida no es una tierra "salvaje" con civilizaciones escasas, y tampoco es un mundo "utópico" futurista; Árida es una región desarrollada con un problema enorme de balance. Algunas personas no pueden ni pensar en la idea de dejar sus tradiciones en el olvido; algunas otras no pueden mirar al futuro sin ignorar lo que está a su lado. Nuestra historia critica la naturaleza extrema de estas dos maneras de pensar.

Your sibling is thinking about taking on the pokémon league and complete the gym challenge. Only one person per family is traditionally allowed to do this, and this has always been like this; However, this is a dream that you shared with your sibling since you two were young enough to play with sticks and stones. What will you do?

Tu hermano/a está pensando en participar en el reto pokémon. Tradicionalmente, sólo una persona por familia puede formar parte del reto, y esto siempre ha sido así. Aunque, bueno, este es un sueño que tú has compartido con tu hermano/a desde que los dos jugaban con piedras y palitos. ¿Qué vas a hacer?

#===================#
Game Features - Características del Juego
#===================#

GBA - Styled graphics === Gráficos en estilo GBA
QOL Changes to GBA Pokémon formula === Cambios positivos a la fórmula de los juegos GBA
Fakemon, as well as returning pokémon === Fakemon, al igual que pokémon de otras generaciones
Story - heavy === La historia tiene un peso
Brand new characters, including protagonist designs === Personajes nuevos incluyendo a los protagonistas

And so much more! === ¡Y mucho más!

#===================#
Screenshots & Mockups
#===================#

Amber Promotional.png

#===================#
We are looking for...
#===================#

Writers / Script writers - Escritorxs
  • A position that I'm desperate to recruit for; our story is very plot-heavy, and I have to be honest and say that I am not the best writer out there. We currently have an amazing writer working with us, however, I do think it'd be useful to have both a second opinion and someone to support us with developing our plot. I also cannot leave the entire plot on their hands, as it has become a bit too much work to handle.

• Una posición que necesitamos cubrir urgentemente; nuestro juego depende mucho de la historia, y debo ser honesto, yo no soy el mejor escritor. Tenemos unx excelente escritorx trabajando con nosotros, pero creo que sería útil para todos el tener una segunda opinión, al igual que apoyo para desarrollar la historia. También tomo en consideración el hecho que es mucho trabajo para nuestrx escritorx el escribir la historia entera.

Scripters - Events
  • We have a script that contains any cutscenes as well as the progression of the game's story, excelently crafted by our writer; We just need someone to input these events into the game. You must own your copy of RPG Maker XP for this.

• Tenemos un guión que contiene todos los componentes de las escenas, los capítulos y la progresión de la historia, creado por nuestrx escritorx; sólo necesitamos a alguien que pueda insertar estos eventos en el juego. Debes tener tu copia de RPG Maker XP si deseas aplicar para esta posición.

Designers, pixel artists and composers ...
  • Are welcome, but not needed at the moment.​

#===================#

If you wish to apply to any of these, please contact me through discord or twitter;
Si deseas aplicar, puedes contactarme por discord o twitter;

idilio

https://twitter.com/aridaregion

#===================#

Current team:
Writing
Pantastic

Mapping
idilio

Eventing
---

Spriting
idilio
AnonAlpaca

Concept Design
Koda
TrevorVerges
Okyo

Music
Linus Kuehl

Literally everything else
TechSkylander1518
idilio

Last edited:

safr

Elite Trainer
I been following the X account around December when you guy's post station between route. Thank you for the update post of art this few day. I don't know when will this go out (my friend said it will be another 6 year when i give link of the art of this game) but i hope the dev stay healthy and if someday the game development get discounted i still hope everyone healthy because making game is hard👍🏻

#===================#
Pokémon Amber
Engine:
#===================#​

Pokémon Amber is a project that resembles the traditional pokémon game; it tells the story of a trainer embarking on an adventure to become their region's champion. We're attempting our best to replicate and improve the GBA graphics and essence. Portions of this recruitment thread are written in spanish, this is due to the fact that I am encouraging any mexican developers to apply. Having someone else -- apart from me -- that lives here and has a similar life experience to help us would be ideal.

#===================#
#===================#​

Árida is directly based on the northwestern area of México, filled to the brim with places to explore; even though very little information is publicly available to investigate about ancient civilizations of this area, we are referencing general mexican mythology to design our fan region's background and legends.

Árida está basada en el nor-oeste de México, hasta el tope de lugares para explorar; debido a la poca información disponible al público sobre las antiguas civilizaciones de esta área, estamos basando el trasfondo y leyendas de la región en la mitología general del país.

The player's place in the story is relatively simple; you, as a player, must complete the gym challenge and become a champion. However, there will be obstacles to overcome along the way. The gym challenge consists of 4 traditional gym leaders, 4 gym guardian pokémon challenges, the Elite 4, and beating the champion.

El lugar del jugador en la historia es relativamente simple; tú, como jugador, debes completar el reto pokémon y convertirte en el campeón. Esto no será fácil, puesto que habrán obstáculos en tu camino que deberás superar. El reto pokémon consiste en 4 gimnasios tradicionales, 4 gimnasios con un guardián pokémon, la Elite 4, y vencer al campeón.

#===================#
The Story - La historia
#===================#​

We explore the concept of balancing tradition and progress with our plot. Árida is not a barren, untamed land with "savage" civilizations, nor is it a futuristic "utopia"; Árida is an ever growing region with a big issue of balance. Some people cannot fathom the thought of leaving their old traditions behind; whereas some people can't stop looking ahead into the future, ignoring whatever is to their side. Our story is attempting to send a message to the player, critizicing the extreme nature of these two forms of thinking.

Exploramos el concepto del balance entre tradiciones y progreso con nuestra historia. Árida no es una tierra "salvaje" con civilizaciones escasas, y tampoco es un mundo "utópico" futurista; Árida es una región desarrollada con un problema enorme de balance. Algunas personas no pueden ni pensar en la idea de dejar sus tradiciones en el olvido; algunas otras no pueden mirar al futuro sin ignorar lo que está a su lado. Nuestra historia critica la naturaleza extrema de estas dos maneras de pensar.

Your sibling is thinking about taking on the pokémon league and complete the gym challenge. Only one person per family is traditionally allowed to do this, and this has always been like this; However, this is a dream that you shared with your sibling since you two were young enough to play with sticks and stones. What will you do?

Tu hermano/a está pensando en participar en el reto pokémon. Tradicionalmente, sólo una persona por familia puede formar parte del reto, y esto siempre ha sido así. Aunque, bueno, este es un sueño que tú has compartido con tu hermano/a desde que los dos jugaban con piedras y palitos. ¿Qué vas a hacer?

#===================#
#===================#

QOL Changes to GBA Pokémon formula === Cambios positivos a la fórmula de los juegos GBA
Fakemon, as well as returning pokémon === Fakemon, al igual que pokémon de otras generaciones
Brand new characters, including protagonist designs === Personajes nuevos incluyendo a los protagonistas

#===================#
Screenshots & Mockups
#===================#

View attachment 25644

#===================#
We are looking for...
#===================#

• A position that I'm desperate to recruit for; our story is very plot-heavy, and I have to be honest and say that I am not the best writer out there. We currently have an amazing writer working with us, however, I do think it'd be useful to have both a second opinion and someone to support us with developing our plot. I also cannot leave the entire plot on their hands, as it has become a bit too much work to handle.

• Una posición que necesitamos cubrir urgentemente; nuestro juego depende mucho de la historia, y debo ser honesto, yo no soy el mejor escritor. Tenemos unx excelente escritorx trabajando con nosotros, pero creo que sería útil para todos el tener una segunda opinión, al igual que apoyo para desarrollar la historia. También tomo en consideración el hecho que es mucho trabajo para nuestrx escritorx el escribir la historia entera.

Scripters - Events
  • We have a script that contains any cutscenes as well as the progression of the game's story, excelently crafted by our writer; We just need someone to input these events into the game. You must own your copy of RPG Maker XP for this.

• Tenemos un guión que contiene todos los componentes de las escenas, los capítulos y la progresión de la historia, creado por nuestrx escritorx; sólo necesitamos a alguien que pueda insertar estos eventos en el juego. Debes tener tu copia de RPG Maker XP si deseas aplicar para esta posición.

#===================#

If you wish to apply to any of these, please contact me through discord or twitter;

idilio

#===================#

Current team:
Writing
Pantastic

Mapping
idilio

Eventing
---

Spriting
idilio
AnonAlpaca

Concept Design
Koda
TrevorVerges
Okyo

Music
Linus Kuehl

TechSkylander1518
idilio

JDubZ001

Rookie
#===================#
Pokémon Amber
Engine:
#===================#​

#===================#
#===================#​

#===================#
The Story - La historia
#===================#​

#===================#
#===================#

#===================#
Screenshots & Mockups
#===================#

View attachment 25644

#===================#
We are looking for...
#===================#

Scripters - Events

#===================#

idilio

#===================#

Current team:
Writing
Pantastic

Mapping
idilio

Eventing
---

Spriting
idilio
AnonAlpaca

Concept Design
Koda
TrevorVerges
Okyo

Music
Linus Kuehl

TechSkylander1518
idilio
You accept English speakers? I would like to help on the spriting department if possible!

kikimo

Rookie
Hi, love the project! I'd be grateful if you let me be a part of the writing team as well as let me help with the scripting. I have a bachelor's in English Literature and am looking to learn coding as well. I've played way too many Pokemon Rom Hacks and fan games have always wanted to be part of a fan project. I want to learn how to code as well, so I think this would be a great opportunity. Please let me know if I'd be a good fit.​

idilio

Novice
I'm not sure how multi-quote works, but to answer your questions; JDubZ001 we do accept english speakers, and I'd love to see some of your sprites if you'd be kind to show me! Feel free to contact me through Discord if you'd like :) Same goes for you Kikimo, I'd be very glad to talk to you both!

Karthik_

Elite 4
#===================#
Pokémon Amber
Engine:
#===================#​

#===================#
#===================#​

#===================#
The Story - La historia
#===================#​

#===================#
#===================#

#===================#
Screenshots & Mockups
#===================#

View attachment 25644

#===================#
We are looking for...
#===================#

Scripters - Events

#===================#

idilio

#===================#

Current team:
Writing
Pantastic

Mapping
idilio

Eventing
---

Spriting
idilio
AnonAlpaca

Concept Design
Koda
TrevorVerges
Okyo

Music
Linus Kuehl

TechSkylander1518
idilio
Hello Idilio, I'm not Mexican, but I can code and eventing also, If the slot is still open, please let me know!

FredEx

Rookie
#===================#
Pokémon Amber
Engine:
#===================#​

#===================#
#===================#​

#===================#
The Story - La historia
#===================#​

#===================#
#===================#

#===================#
Screenshots & Mockups
#===================#

View attachment 25644

#===================#
We are looking for...
#===================#

Scripters - Events

#===================#

idilio

#===================#

Current team:
Writing
Pantastic

Mapping
idilio

Eventing
---

Spriting
idilio
AnonAlpaca

Concept Design
Koda
TrevorVerges
Okyo

Music
Linus Kuehl

TechSkylander1518
idilio
I understand (at least) the basics of RPG MakerXP/Pokemon Essentials eventing and am learning Ruby and scripts, so if you're still looking for more people to work on events/scripts (code), I'd love to help! I have experience in game dev with Unity so I'm a quick study on these things. If it helps I also have an intermediate level understanding of Spanish, so I can read/write fairly well. This project looks really cool, I hope it works out well!

asarain

Rookie
hi !! is the Writers / Script writers role still disponible ? (i can't find discord link)

BlueZulfish

Casual Water-type Enjoyer & Cry Composer
Hello, I know composers aren't currently needed, but I can make Pokémon cry sfx for your Fakemon, and I can show you examples of my work, if you decide to respond of course. (I'll use Discord to contact you when you reply here)

safr

Elite Trainer
#===================#
Pokémon Amber
Engine:
#===================#​

#===================#
#===================#​

#===================#
The Story - La historia
#===================#​

#===================#
#===================#

#===================#
Screenshots & Mockups
#===================#

View attachment 25644

#===================#
We are looking for...
#===================#

Scripters - Events

#===================#

idilio

#===================#

Current team:
Writing
Pantastic

Mapping
idilio

Eventing
---

Spriting
idilio
AnonAlpaca

Concept Design
Koda
TrevorVerges
Okyo

Music
Linus Kuehl

TechSkylander1518
idilio
Seeing the new pokemon at x make me wish i have fast forward time ability so i can play demo on the future. Stay healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back