Which Pokemon need evolutions or pre evolutions?

AshTanvir1010

Rookie
I am currently working on a fan game set in a distopian future and need some ideas.
So I am asking for help for giving me the names of both old and new Pokemon that should get evolutions and pre evolutions

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
Preevo I only want a calf pokémon connecting Tauros and Miltank.

Evo I want alot of pokémon with small base stats, like Parasect, Farfetch'd (Madame), Qwilfish, Corsola, Delibird, Volbeat, Illumise, Luvdisc (Water/Fairy), Pluse (Electric/Fire), Minun (Electric/Ice), Pachisiru (Electric/Ice or Electric/Normal) and Chatot.

AshTanvir1010

Rookie
Preevo I only want a calf pokémon connecting Tauros and Miltank.

Evo I want alot of pokémon with small base stats, like Parasect, Farfetch'd (Madame), Qwilfish, Corsola, Delibird, Volbeat, Illumise, Luvdisc (Water/Fairy), Pluse (Electric/Fire), Minun (Electric/Ice), Pachisiru (Electric/Ice or Electric/Normal) and Chatot.
Yeah, after Pawmi i have plans for the pika clones too

Muffyang

Novice
It would be better to have things that stand on their own. Preevos tend to have awkward usage cases and I can't remember playing a single fangame where they felt worth the effort of making. If you don't have solid concepts, why force the effort?
Dystopia theming is also extremely wide, which makes giving actual suggestions difficult. Is it a "High tech, low life" city hellscape? Are you going for any common "apocalyptic wasteland" type? Maybe a "empty urban shell being retaken by nature"?

Eaglit

Novice
Pokemon like Delibird or Castform that are one stage and low BST

AshTanvir1010

Rookie
It would be better to have things that stand on their own. Preevos tend to have awkward usage cases and I can't remember playing a single fangame where they felt worth the effort of making. If you don't have solid concepts, why force the effort?
Dystopia theming is also extremely wide, which makes giving actual suggestions difficult. Is it a "High tech, low life" city hellscape? Are you going for any common "apocalyptic wasteland" type? Maybe a "empty urban shell being retaken by nature"?
A post apocalyptic empty world ruled by nature

sorryjzargo

Novice
I don't think any Pokemon need new pre-evos, I'm not a fan of Dex-filler Pokemon in general and unless you're doing a challenge to beat a game only using baby Pokemon then nobody will use them

RTCanwind

Tower Tycoon
I don't think any Pokemon need new pre-evos, I'm not a fan of Dex-filler Pokemon in general and unless you're doing a challenge to beat a game only using baby Pokemon then nobody will use them
Even if we only consider the battle, I think this is still one-sided. With pre-evos, we can make these Pokemons available to players in the early stages of the game, even as Starter Pokemons.

A¹¹

Novice
I could see Pokémon that are abundant but relatively mediocre get new evolutions due to the context. Some sort of cataclysm happened so some pokemon would theoretically go extinct which would open niches for smaller and hardier ones to adapt and "unlock" evolutions

some examples I could see are Seaking, the route 1 normal types, Sunflora and Swalot

Last edited:

sorryjzargo

Novice
A lot of bad or mediocre (power-wise) one and two-stage Pokemon could use an evolution. Ledian, Ariados, Zangoose, and Seviper are the first that leap to mind

LuckyBlackCat

Novice
Solrock and Lunatone, they're cool Pokemon in terms of design and concept, but not so much in terms of mechanics. As well as getting much-needed evos, they could have a pre-evo that connects them.

Atlat

Rookie
I'd argue to pay attention to single-stage Pokémon the most. Some are good. Others are amongst the most unfortunate. For me particularly, Heatmor really stands out. I love the design and the shiny is a contender for my favorite, but yeesh those stats without any strong gimmick to make up for it makes it useless.

Back