• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Randomizer X (v20+ port)

Resource Randomizer X (v20+ port) 1.0.1

A.I.R

From a separated Universe
A.I.R submitted a new resource:

Randomizer X (v20+ port) - Randomizer for Pokemon Essentials by Luka S.J., port for v20+ by A.I.R

Randomizer X by Luka S.J. updated for Essentials v20+ by A.I.R

Documentation can be found here:

Features​

The randomizer is user configurable to customize the level of randomization within the game, here is a list of those options:

• Randomize Trainer parties
  • Randomize Wild encounters
  • Randomize Static encounters
  • Randomize Gifted Pokémon
  • Randomize found/given Items

Read more about this resource...

Darkonius Mavakar

Novice
This is an extremely cool plugin and very convenient and fast, however i was wondering if the "Exclusion species" could use being a "range dex number" as well?
because for instance i want to exclude a whole 400+ mons for instance, would it be possible ot pull that off? or at least make it so it would only focus on randomising a specific selected pokedex? (for instance the region's dex rather than the national?)

or like, i guess this is a port so instead i'd have to ask this to Luka S.J.? either way, this is a good port and this plugin is very convenient!

OkunoShio

Cooltrainer
I have been playing around a little bit with this plugin - looks solid! However, when picking up an item ball, I encountered the following issue:

Code:
=================

[2024-01-02 15:45:02 +0100]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 21 (coords 49,31), map 33 (Route 2)
Exception: ArgumentError
Expected nil to be one of [Symbol, GameData::Item, String], but got NilClass.

***Full script:
pbItemBall(:SHARPBEAK)
Backtrace:
015:Validation:29:in `validate'
103:GameData:92:in `get'
227:Overworld:735:in `pbItemBall'
[Randomizer X for v20+] Script.rb:384:in `pbItemBall'
[Item Find] script.rb:136:in `pbItemBall'
[Charms Case] Charm Case Charm Effects.rb:1386:in `pbItemBall'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
033:Interpreter:143:in `eval'
033:Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:426:in `command_111'

The similar method for pbReceiveItem worked flawlessly and is basically built up the exact same way, so I don't really see what could cause this issue 🤔

Last edited:

A.I.R

From a separated Universe
I have been playing around a little bit with this plugin - looks solid! However, when picking up an item ball, I encountered the following issue:

Code:
=================

[2024-01-02 15:45:02 +0100]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 21 (coords 49,31), map 33 (Route 2)
Exception: ArgumentError
Expected nil to be one of [Symbol, GameData::Item, String], but got NilClass.

***Full script:
pbItemBall(:SHARPBEAK)
Backtrace:
015:Validation:29:in `validate'
103:GameData:92:in `get'
227:Overworld:735:in `pbItemBall'
[Randomizer X for v20+] Script.rb:384:in `pbItemBall'
[Item Find] script.rb:136:in `pbItemBall'
[Charms Case] Charm Case Charm Effects.rb:1386:in `pbItemBall'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
033:Interpreter:143:in `eval'
033:Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:426:in `command_111'

The similar method for pbReceiveItem worked flawlessly and is basically built up the exact same way, so I don't really see what could cause this issue 🤔
Are you sure? There seems to be no problem when I tested it in vanilla Essentials. The problem seems to be with Item find or Charms case plugins.

OkunoShio

Cooltrainer
The problem only occured when I started playing around with this plugin - of course it could be some compatibility issue with other plugins, but they all work just fine without the Randomizer plugin. 🤔

gamemonkei

Rookie
It doesn't seem to work for me. Everytime I enter the tall grass, before I encounter a Pokemon, the game gives me an error.

Coumbiagou

Novice
I have a question, i was testing, one of the plugins that i have Is DiegoWT's Starter Selection, so i add the randomized options, when i was selecting starters they didn't change, AND when i obtained the Starter an error occured, so this plugin Is compatible with Starter selection or no?

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan
I have a question, i was testing, one of the plugins that i have Is DiegoWT's Starter Selection, so i add the randomized options, when i was selecting starters they didn't change, AND when i obtained the Starter an error occured, so this plugin Is compatible with Starter selection or no?
I will assume not since the starters are practically defined in Diego's script, unless you modify the script to use some variable or something so that it generates a random Pokémon

Coumbiagou

Novice
I will assume not since the starters are practically defined in Diego's script, unless you modify the script to use some variable or something so that it generates a random Pokémon
Something like the DiegoWT's plugin are the option to give you Pokémon in form 1?
Or the thing that i put the Starter selection in a event like th May's Partner event

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan
Something like the DiegoWT's plugin are the option to give you Pokémon in form 1?
Or the thing that i put the Starter selection in a event like th May's Partner event
What I meant is that the starters in Diego's script are already predefined to be specific starters and that they can be changed to any pokemon by the user, which means that you have no way to change something already established. Therefore, you need to change the script that refers to starters so that it generates randomly

Cautioncrazy

Rookie
Hi i'm using this on 21.1 and there's no errors or crashing but it doesn't randomize. I've tried deleting encounters, creating new ones, saving then quitting. Compile data on start (which i noticed it does say it randomizes compiled data vs generating on the fly) but the encounters are always the same as what i set in the encounters pbs. i have an event that calls Randomizer.start and it lets me select my randomizer options but doesnt apply any randomization

Back