• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Best Software or Website For Custom Title Screens?

Platypus Gamer

Game Designer
I've been looking for a good and free software/website to make my custom title screen for my pokemon fan game. All of the ones i've found are either via a subscription service (they cost money) or they arent that good (really low resolution pictures or converts graphics into low resolution). Any suggestions on good (free) editing softwares for custom title screens or editing in general?

Thanks in advance!

Platypus Gamer

Game Designer
MSPaint (Has layers now), Paint.net (application) and Piskel (Pixel Art Focused) all are free.
Ok, I'll look into them, but i'd really like a software in where you can overlap existing graphics (like pixelated backgrounds and battle sprites) into one picture instead of making all of the art and stuff from scratch. (Sorta like websites like Canva, except the problem is that my sprite assets always come out low resolution) I already have existing assets for my title screen, I just need a software like I described above to layer them together.

Thanks!

sorryjzargo

Novice
Ok, I'll look into them, but i'd really like a software in where you can overlap existing graphics (like pixelated backgrounds and battle sprites) into one picture instead of making all of the art and stuff from scratch. (Sorta like websites like Canva, except the problem is that my sprite assets always come out low resolution) I already have existing assets for my title screen, I just need a software like I described above to layer them together.

Thanks!
You can always copy + paste existing graphics onto paint.net or MS Paint and adjust them

Back