• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokémon Hollow Woods - Recruiting beta testers!

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineage

Novice
Pokémon Hollow Woods seeks beta testers!
[Made with Essentials v20.1]

RRigiCR.png

Long ago, settlers founded a region centered around the Great Woods...
The people came to know a mysterious Pokémon that was the spirit of the Woods...
Over time, the people began to fight to control the spirit's power...
As the forest grew weak, the people became weaker along with it...

Pokémon Hollow Woods is a project that I've been working on for a few years in various iterations. I released a prior demo of this game and got some good feedback, then ended up revisiting it from the ground up. This game currently has a 3-gym demo with several hours of content ready for playtesting. My goal is to only release the game publicly once a substantial, polished demo is complete - but to get there, I need some feedback along the way!

If you feel like trying out the game, I'd love your help testing the current release, and if you enjoy it, with ongoing beta testing as development continues. No experience needed, but I especially appreciate those who can provide detailed, constructive feedback!

More information about the game is below!

Plot

The Oblar region is divided. Oblar has a long tradition of rule by elected Senators - skilled trainers and politicians who serve as local gym leaders as well as legislators. Lately, though, it seems the Senators can't agree on anything. All of Oblar is suffering, especially the people and Pokémon that depend on the Great Forest, which occupies the center of the region.

Your mother, a Senator, is dealing with the latest crisis: the growing scarcity of Oblar's native Pokémon species. To help, you begin a journey to help catalog Oblar's Pokémon species, taking on the region's gyms along the way. But this journey is upended when you encounter a group bent on taking down Oblar's Senate. Who are these characters, and what are they trying to do in the Great Forest?

Gameplay/Features
This game is meant to feel like a classic DS-era Pokémon game with some QOL improvements, a mild difficulty bump, and more sidequests. It plays on the classic 8-gym formula and hopefully brings both some nostalgia and a fun new twist on the classic formula. Features in this demo include:
  • A carefully-balanced regional Pokédex, including selections from all canon regions as well as 33 obtainable regional Pokémon (with more planned!)
  • 35 side quests using the Modern Quest system. Completing quests is the only way to obtain many regional Pokémon!
  • A new region with 3 completed gyms en route to a full 8-gym game!
  • Pokémon Tunnels: mysterious dens that appear around Oblar and can be opened with a certain item. You can catch Pokémon with rare abilities and moves inside, but be careful to avoid traps!
  • Level Boost: automatically level up Pokémon to certain thresholds, allowing newly-captured Pokémon to be used without grinding.
  • Field items: special items created by the Senate that replace (and sometimes improve on) HMs.
  • Interesting battles: while grinding should never necessary, most boss fights will require strategy to complete.
  • Cameos by some of your favorite characters from main series games!
  • Remixes of classic Pokémon tracks by yours truly
  • More features to come in later releases!
If you are interested in beta testing, please reply here or message me on Discord @Nineage. While beta testing is my current priority, if you'd like to contribute anything else to the game (ie. graphics, art, music), I'd be happy to talk about those as well!

pizzataco890

Trainer

RRigiCR.png

The people came to know a mysterious Pokémon that was the spirit of the Woods...

Pokémon Hollow Woods is a project that I've been working on for a few years in various iterations. I released a prior demo of this game and got some good feedback, then ended up revisiting it from the ground up. This game currently has a 3-gym demo with several hours of content ready for playtesting. My goal is to only release the game publicly once a substantial, polished demo is complete - but to get there, I need some feedback along the way!

If you feel like trying out the game, I'd love your help testing the current release, and if you enjoy it, with ongoing beta testing as development continues. No experience needed, but I especially appreciate those who can provide detailed, constructive feedback!

Plot

The Oblar region is divided. Oblar has a long tradition of rule by elected Senators - skilled trainers and politicians who serve as local gym leaders as well as legislators. Lately, though, it seems the Senators can't agree on anything. All of Oblar is suffering, especially the people and Pokémon that depend on the Great Forest, which occupies the center of the region.

Your mother, a Senator, is dealing with the latest crisis: the growing scarcity of Oblar's native Pokémon species. To help, you begin a journey to help catalog Oblar's Pokémon species, taking on the region's gyms along the way. But this journey is upended when you encounter a group bent on taking down Oblar's Senate. Who are these characters, and what are they trying to do in the Great Forest?

Gameplay/Features
This game is meant to feel like a classic DS-era Pokémon game with some QOL improvements, a mild difficulty bump, and more sidequests. It plays on the classic 8-gym formula and hopefully brings both some nostalgia and a fun new twist on the classic formula. Features in this demo include:
  • A carefully-balanced regional Pokédex, including selections from all canon regions as well as 33 obtainable regional Pokémon (with more planned!)
  • 35 side quests using the Modern Quest system. Completing quests is the only way to obtain many regional Pokémon!
  • Pokémon Tunnels: mysterious dens that appear around Oblar and can be opened with a certain item. You can catch Pokémon with rare abilities and moves inside, but be careful to avoid traps!
  • Level Boost: automatically level up Pokémon to certain thresholds, allowing newly-captured Pokémon to be used without grinding.
  • Field items: special items created by the Senate that replace (and sometimes improve on) HMs.
  • Interesting battles: while grinding should never necessary, most boss fights will require strategy to complete.
If you are interested in beta testing, please reply here or message me on Discord @Nineage. While beta testing is my current priority, if you'd like to contribute anything else to the game (ie. graphics, art, music), I'd be happy to talk about those as well!
Hey its me again I noticed that pokemon hollow woods was overhauled with Pokémon essentials 20.1 version. I'm still able to help you out when needed.

Nineage

Novice
Thanks to those of you that have already beta tested! I'm bumping this because I could use one or two more testers to find those last pesky few bugs and to make sure that the balance works well for multiple playstyles. Please shoot me a Discord message if you're interested - it's just a few hours to play through (very low stakes) and it's fun!

tagwail

Rookie
Hi Nineage, I sent a friend invitation to you over on discord so that I could ask questions about play testing and music. Thanks!

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan

RRigiCR.png

Plot

Gameplay/Features
I can provide detailed feedback if you still needing, through i use Essentials 21.1 btw. I'll back to my house in a few days, my own project will take a while anyway, so why not help others?
I was trying to help another but i left por personal problems

Nineage

Novice
I can provide detailed feedback if you still needing, through i use Essentials 21.1 btw. I'll back to my house in a few days, my own project will take a while anyway, so why not help others?
I was trying to help another but i left por personal problems
Sure! Can you send me a Discord message or a friend request?

safr

Elite Trainer

RRigiCR.png

Plot

Gameplay/Features
If you still need one. I Can play test the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back