• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokémon Fairytale, looking for help.

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirlial

Novice
  • Project Title: Pokémon Fairytale
    Hey there, I'm Zeta. I've been working on this little fangame for quite some time by myself and I'm looking for some help so I can hopefully release at least the first demo.

• Looking to recruit: Battle designer/balancer: Chiefly I'd like someone who can help with Pokémon battles and encounters and balancing.
    Spriter: I need help with trainer sprites as well as an overworld sprite. Titlescreen also potentially.
    Playtesters. Would love for someone to offer advice on dialogue and general improvements.

• Team Name/Team Members: Just me at the moment. We can speak through discord.
  • Kit used: Essentials v21. Also using the Gen 9 resource pack so pokemon from any gen can be added though the obtainable list will be quite limited.
  • Description/Plot outline
    In this game, you play as a Pokémon, a snarky Leavanny who cannot battle themselves but has reluctantly agreed to lead a team basically in the trainer role. They are leaving on an important mission to defeat the evil fairy types who are clearly evil and plotting to take over the world. It is not the most serious of stories. The protagonist will be remarking on everything in a self-aware way and its intended to be fun and lighthearted. Also yes the fairies use their evil powers of cuteness to control humans. Why else would they be so cute and charming? In their ideal (evil) world, everything will be pink! There will be no scary Pokémon only the cute get to remain. Also they love puns and rhymes. Truly heinous.

As a very light overview, Leavanny will be journeying and fighting fairy plots in every area and there's no gyms or anything, instead there will be a boss at the end of each area. I'm hoping each area can have a different feel. First to the fairy forest where they're making trees pink. Then a haunted mansion area where they're trying to mess with ghosts with illusions and their charm magic as well as eradicate the evil dark types who hate how fairies are just as bad but pretend to be innocent. Then the fairies will realise you are a threat and kidnap your beloved Lilligant to place her under a sleeping spell. Fairytale stuff will be thrown in as much as possible provided its not ambitious for me basically.
  • Unique features:
As I said, no gyms and you're playing a Pokémon instead so all the NPCs you speak to are Pokémon for the most part. Gameplay wise, battles will be exactly the same though. The only core difference is that there's no catching Pokémon. Instead some Pokémon are given to you in the main plot and the rest come from completing sde quests. There is a questing system and the reward is always a Pokémon. Many will be very easy but it'll still limit the Pokémon you can obtain and encounters are still there basically so there's a source of experience.
  • Progress/Screenshots: I'm gearing towards a demo which would be the equivalent of the first gym if there were gyms. Mapping for this section is all done aside from a couple small things. Events are well underway.
    1701036155507.png
    1701036301585.png
    1701036361299.png
  • 1701036419205.png
    1701036575686.png
    1701036794748.png

• Method of Contact:
Please DM me on here. Or you may join the discord: https://discord.gg/R7wTxpNNE6 Or you may of course post to this thread. I'll be checking regularly!

Last edited:

kirlial

Novice
First demo is basically ready, still looking for playtesters and anyone who wants to give feedback on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back