• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokémon Epitaph

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WispyShrooms

Rookie
print-2-png.108886

About
Welcome to Pokémon Epitaph! This brand new Gen 4-style Pokémon Essentials Fangame has you explore a Scandinavia-Inspired Region known as the Arvunn Region, which is known for its deeply rooted culture and connection to nature among both people and Pokémon.

This game is currently in Early Development, but we plan to have a cast of 120 new Fakemon, a host of which are new Regional Forms, and an expansion on Exploration Mechanics such as Diving and Hidden Grottos, and a new battle mechanic in the form of Rune Forms.

Dev Team
Lead Developer » WispyShrooms

Artist
Lead Artist » Bird Morpher Games (Fakemon)
Artist » Wispshrooms (Advertising, Logos, Fakemon Concepts)
Artist » Miss. Fortune (Trainer)

Composers
Composer » Emnity

Writer
Writer » Charlie Vieyra
Writer » SkittiesInSpace
Writer » MythicSquid

SFX
Pokemon Cries » BlueZulfishboi

Pixel Artists
Spriter » WispyShrooms(Fakemon)
Spriter » thewaffles(Fakemon)
Spriter » Adjecent(Fakemon)
Spriter » Nanulak(Fakemon)
Spriter »oliwier7778(Fakemon)

Coders
Coder » Jbsundown

Mappers
Mapper » WispyShrooms

Team Building
Balancer » Energyzd

Story
Pokémon Epitaph's story is one of Traditions vs Advancement as you find yourself trying to find an identity within a constantly evolving world where You, your Sibling, and your Best Friend named get accepted into the League Program as the day your journey begins your Mom, known as Professor Pine, returns to the childhood town of Berkana Town with a gift:

starters-png.108895

The gift of three starter Pokémon! The Water Snake Pokémon Vansaic, The Fire Pup Pokémon Inferdur, and the Grass Pony Pokémon Ponush.
With this gift her only request is for you to assist in completing the Pokedex and strongly encourages you to follow the Path of Champions to claim the 8 gym badges and face the Region’s Undefeated Champion, Leif.
Yet, beyond your small town you’ll find there are a lot more challenges awaiting you as an ancient, forgotten prophecy begins to come true. Do you have what it takes to pick up this vast region's forgotten Epitaph?

The Evil Team of the Game, Team Berserker.

berserk-logo-png.108888

Team Berserk is inspired by the Vikings and is an organization known for its brutal methods in battle as they collect powerful Pokémon for some unknown goal, though there have been some theories. Some people believe they want to take over the region, while others believe it is something much bigger. What is known is the Pokémon they use tend to be as wild as the people in the team themselves with some even blaming Team Berserk for a recent phenomenon known as Rune Pokémon. These energy-infused Pokémon tend to be far more powerful than the average Pokémon, yet also are much more untamed making them especially dangerous.

The Aesir Foundation

aesir-foundation-logo-png.108889

Throughout your journey you'll encounter The Aesir Foundation, a newly-formed organization ran by Professor Mim and the Champion's brother, Iver. The Aesir Foundation's goal is to gather powerful trainers to assist in quelling these Rune-Infused Pokémon and investigating the various strange ruins within the region. Their research has uncovered a possible connection to the Rune phenomena in the form of wormholes opening in certain spots within the region to a new dimension known as the Astral Realm. This strange Ultra Space-inspired land is almost a parrel to the region is meant to act as an "open world" esq section akin to the Wild Area or Safari Zone from the base Pokémon Games.
This almost secondary region is even host to its own native Pokémon in addition to Ultra Beasts making a return and the addition of some new ones.

yesss-png.108893

a58511cc-00f0-4fc1-be86-7d17a0a527b5-jpg.108894

Now, what do we need?

Concept Artists (Trainer or Fakemon)
Coders (Eventing and Mechanics)
Music Composer
Pixel Artists (Fakemon/Trainer Sprites)
UI Designers
Writers (Dialogue and Story)
Balancers

We hope to see you soon!
Please Contact wispyshrooms if you are interested or join the Discord to follow progress or contact us there!
discord-icon-7-png.108890

Some Extra Things To Showcase!

berkana-town-png.156334

new-pokemon-png.156335

absol-png.156338

Additional Credit for Tilesets

Outdoor
Flurmimon
Kyle-Dove
Magiscarf
Heavy-Metal-Lover
WilsonScarloxy
Kaliser!
ThatsSoWitty
Magiscarf
WesleyFG
SailorVicious (Formerly known as Heavy-Metal-Lover)
Shawn Frost
NSora-96
PeekyChew
Kyle-Dove
Claisprojects.com
Minorthreat0987
The-Red-Ex
UltimoSpriter
TyranitarDark
DarkDragonn
rafa-cac
Phyromatical
Alucus
Newtiteuf
ChaoticCherryCake
Moca
PixelMister
Kyle-Dove
Heavy-Metal-Lover
WesleyFG
Dewitty
Zetavares852
XDinky
Newtiteuf
Alucus
Erma96
Hydrargirium
Poison-Master
Thedeadheroalistair
Shutwig
Asdsimone
Xxdevil
Steinnaples
Hek-el-grande
sylver1984
NikNak93
TeaAddiction
Cuddlesthefatcat
Magiscarf
Gigatom
The-Red-eX
ChaoticCherryCake
WesleyFG
zetavares852
PkmnAlexandrite
Aten974
Thegreatblaid

Indoor
WilsonScarloxy
Princess-Phoenix
Pablus94
KingTapir
Kyle-Dove
Newtiteuf
Thegreatblaid
LuisBrain for the Commissioned Ultra Beast Artwork and ans for the initial designs

Attachments

• print (1).png
    print (1).png
    867.1 KB · Views: 797
  • Screenshot 2023-11-22 024732.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-22 024732.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 584
  • Berserk logo.png
    Berserk logo.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 660
  • Aesir Foundation logo.png
    Aesir Foundation logo.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 630
  • A58511CC-00F0-4FC1-BE86-7D17A0A527B5.jpg
    A58511CC-00F0-4FC1-BE86-7D17A0A527B5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 623
  • thingy.png
    thingy.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 631
  • starters.png
    starters.png
    955.8 KB · Views: 684
  • YESSS.png
    YESSS.png
    758.2 KB · Views: 617
  • Fakemon showcase.png
    Fakemon showcase.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 585
  • discord-icon-7.png
    discord-icon-7.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 614
  • Berkana Town.png
    Berkana Town.png
    251.4 KB · Views: 43
  • New Pokemon!.png
    New Pokemon!.png
    168 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

BlueZulfish

Casual Water-type Enjoyer & Cry Composer
Do you guys want cry sfx for the Pokémon you've made? We can discuss further on your Discord if interested.

WispyShrooms

Rookie
Do you guys want cry sfx for the Pokémon you've made? We can discuss further on your Discord if interested.
Thank you! We would definitely be interested in having cry sfx for our game and I appreciate it greatly and would love to further discuss this on Discord- just shoot me a message and I’ll reply as soon as I can(I have work in the morning so I apologize if my reply ends up being a hair bit late.)

If you have any previous cries you’ve made I’d appreciate you sending that as well.

BlueZulfish

Casual Water-type Enjoyer & Cry Composer
Thank you! We would definitely be interested in having cry sfx for our game and I appreciate it greatly and would love to further discuss this on Discord- just shoot me a message and I’ll reply as soon as I can(I have work in the morning so I apologize if my reply ends up being a hair bit late.)

If you have any previous cries you’ve made I’d appreciate you sending that as well.
Sent you a request!

Zapayo

Rookie
Hi, would it be okay for you if I join just to help in the story?

WispyShrooms

Rookie
For anyone currently looking to apply- Currently we are looking for artists!
So if you tend to work as a Fakemon or trainer artist your work would be greatly appreciated.

Other positions are also still being looked for so feel free to join the Discord or reply on the post! :)

WispyShrooms

Rookie
Bump!

I suppose as an update- currently Artists and Mappers are in high demand!
So if you are able to draw either Fakemon or Trainer artwork then please feel free to apply :)

aly

Novice
I closely follow this on pokemon community so seeing the development still going is really nice. Hope someday this out. You can do it

WispyShrooms

Rookie
I closely follow this on pokemon community so seeing the development still going is really nice. Hope someday this out. You can do it
Thank you! Our team is doing our best so I hope when it does eventually come out it’ll be worth the wait :)

We will soon be having a small “reveal bomb” so definitely stay tuned for that.

Reactions: aly

WispyShrooms

Rookie
print-2-png.108886

About
Welcome to Pokémon Epitaph! This brand new Gen 4-style Pokémon Essentials Fangame has you explore a Scandinavia-Inspired Region known as the Arvunn Region, which is known for its deeply rooted culture and connection to nature among both people and Pokémon.

This game is currently in Early Development, but we plan to have a cast of 120 new Fakemon, a host of which are new Regional Forms, and an expansion on Exploration Mechanics such as Diving and Hidden Grottos, and a new battle mechanic in the form of Rune Forms.

Dev Team
Lead Developer » WispyShrooms

Artist
Lead Artist » Bird Morpher Games (Fakemon)
Artist » Wispshrooms (Advertising, Logos, Fakemon Concepts)
Artist » Miss. Fortune (Trainer)

Composers
Composer » Emnity

Writer
Writer » Charlie Vieyra
Writer » SkittiesInSpace
Writer » MythicSquid

SFX
Pokemon Cries » BlueZulfishboi

Pixel Artists
Spriter » WispyShrooms(Fakemon)
Spriter » thewaffles(Fakemon)
Spriter » Adjecent(Fakemon)
Spriter » Nanulak(Fakemon)
Spriter »oliwier7778(Fakemon)

Coders
Coder » Jbsundown

Mappers
Mapper » WispyShrooms

Team Building
Balancer » Energyzd

Story
Pokémon Epitaph's story is one of Traditions vs Advancement as you find yourself trying to find an identity within a constantly evolving world where You, your Sibling, and your Best Friend named get accepted into the League Program as the day your journey begins your Mom, known as Professor Pine, returns to the childhood town of Berkana Town with a gift:

starters-png.108895

The gift of three starter Pokémon! The Water Snake Pokémon Vansaic, The Fire Pup Pokémon Inferdur, and the Grass Pony Pokémon Ponush.
With this gift her only request is for you to assist in completing the Pokedex and strongly encourages you to follow the Path of Champions to claim the 8 gym badges and face the Region’s Undefeated Champion, Leif.
Yet, beyond your small town you’ll find there are a lot more challenges awaiting you as an ancient, forgotten prophecy begins to come true. Do you have what it takes to pick up this vast region's forgotten Epitaph?

The Evil Team of the Game, Team Berserker.

berserk-logo-png.108888

Team Berserk is inspired by the Vikings and is an organization known for its brutal methods in battle as they collect powerful Pokémon for some unknown goal, though there have been some theories. Some people believe they want to take over the region, while others believe it is something much bigger. What is known is the Pokémon they use tend to be as wild as the people in the team themselves with some even blaming Team Berserk for a recent phenomenon known as Rune Pokémon. These energy-infused Pokémon tend to be far more powerful than the average Pokémon, yet also are much more untamed making them especially dangerous.

The Aesir Foundation

aesir-foundation-logo-png.108889

Throughout your journey you'll encounter The Aesir Foundation, a newly-formed organization ran by Professor Mim and the Champion's brother, Iver. The Aesir Foundation's goal is to gather powerful trainers to assist in quelling these Rune-Infused Pokémon and investigating the various strange ruins within the region. Their research has uncovered a possible connection to the Rune phenomena in the form of wormholes opening in certain spots within the region to a new dimension known as the Astral Realm. This strange Ultra Space-inspired land is almost a parrel to the region is meant to act as an "open world" esq section akin to the Wild Area or Safari Zone from the base Pokémon Games.
This almost secondary region is even host to its own native Pokémon in addition to Ultra Beasts making a return and the addition of some new ones.

yesss-png.108893

a58511cc-00f0-4fc1-be86-7d17a0a527b5-jpg.108894

Now, what do we need?

Concept Artists (Trainer or Fakemon)
Coders (Eventing and Mechanics)
Music Composer
Pixel Artists (Fakemon/Trainer Sprites)
UI Designers
Writers (Dialogue and Story)
Balancers

We hope to see you soon!
Please Contact wispyshrooms if you are interested or join the Discord to follow progress or contact us there!
discord-icon-7-png.108890

Some Extra Things To Showcase!

berkana-town-png.156334

new-pokemon-png.156335

absol-png.156338

Additional Credit for Tilesets

Outdoor
Flurmimon
Kyle-Dove
Magiscarf
Heavy-Metal-Lover
WilsonScarloxy
Kaliser!
ThatsSoWitty
Magiscarf
WesleyFG
SailorVicious (Formerly known as Heavy-Metal-Lover)
Shawn Frost
NSora-96
PeekyChew
Kyle-Dove
Claisprojects.com
Minorthreat0987
The-Red-Ex
UltimoSpriter
TyranitarDark
DarkDragonn
rafa-cac
Phyromatical
Alucus
Newtiteuf
ChaoticCherryCake
Moca
PixelMister
Kyle-Dove
Heavy-Metal-Lover
WesleyFG
Dewitty
Zetavares852
XDinky
Newtiteuf
Alucus
Erma96
Hydrargirium
Poison-Master
Thedeadheroalistair
Shutwig
Asdsimone
Xxdevil
Steinnaples
Hek-el-grande
sylver1984
NikNak93
TeaAddiction
Cuddlesthefatcat
Magiscarf
Gigatom
The-Red-eX
ChaoticCherryCake
WesleyFG
zetavares852
PkmnAlexandrite

Indoor
WilsonScarloxy
LuisBrain for the Commissioned Ultra Beast Artwork and ans for the initial designs
Finally updated the post to include the original images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back