• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Berry Core and Dex

Resource Berry Core and Dex 1.5.1

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
In v21.1 this happens when I try to open the menu.
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `tdw_berry_dep_suppress' for Deprecation:Module

Backtrace:
[TDW Berry Core and Dex] 001_BerryData.rb:317:in `warn_method'
FileTests:85:in `safeExists?'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:275:in `call_menu'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:122:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:207:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:178:in `update'
Scene_Map:238:in `block in main'
Scene_Map:235:in `loop'
Scene_Map:235:in `main'
Main:35:in `mainFunctionDebug'

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
In v21.1 this happens when I try to open the menu.
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `tdw_berry_dep_suppress' for Deprecation:Module

Backtrace:
[TDW Berry Core and Dex] 001_BerryData.rb:317:in `warn_method'
FileTests:85:in `safeExists?'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:275:in `call_menu'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:122:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:207:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:178:in `update'
Scene_Map:238:in `block in main'
Scene_Map:235:in `loop'
Scene_Map:235:in `main'
Main:35:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Yeah it would help if I aliased the warn_method command correctly -_-

srcwolf1

Novice
Not sure if i did it right but nothing works cant get berrydex or even do anything with the berry

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Not sure if i did it right but nothing works cant get berrydex or even do anything with the berry
I can't help much with just that information. Did you make sure you properly compiled plugins after you added them? Did you follow the setup guide included in the plugin?

srcwolf1

Novice
I can't help much with just that information. Did you make sure you properly compiled plugins after you added them? Did you follow the setup guide included in the plugin?
not sure i got it right do i need to make script commands in event i try that and didnt work

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
not sure i got it right do i need to make script commands in event i try that and didnt work
Can you show me what you tried? You just need to give the berrydex to the player via script call and it should work.

srcwolf1

Novice
Can you show me what you tried? You just need to give the berrydex to the player via script call and it should work.
not sure if its right

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-04 190216.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-04 190216.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 20

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
not sure if its right
Yep, that should make it so the Berry Dex is enabled, similar to how you handle a Pokedex.

Then, the Berry Dex is accessed through the script call pbBerryDex. If for some reason the Berry Dex isn't opening when you run that call, it should say why in the debug console.

At this time, I didn't include a way to view the Berry Dex anywhere, so if you want to set it up to appear in your Pause Menu for instance, you'll need to look at how the Pokedex appears in the Pause Menu, duplicate that MenuHandler and just call pbBerryDex that way. I gave it some thought and will likely add in ways to add it to the Pause Menu via my plugin to make it easier for folks who don't do a lot of coding.

Last edited:

srcwolf1

Novice
Yep, that should make it so the Berry Dex is enabled, similar to how you handle a Pokedex.

Then, the Berry Dex is accessed through the script call pbBerryDex. If for some reason the Berry Dex isn't opening when you run that call, it should say why in the debug console.

At this time, I didn't include a way to view the Berry Dex anywhere, so if you want to set it up to appear in your Pause Menu for instance, you'll need to look at how the Pokedex appears in the Pause Menu, duplicate that MenuHandler and just call pbBerryDex that way. I gave it some thought and will likely add in ways to add it to the Pause Menu via my plugin to make it easier for folks who don't do a lot of coding.
thank you works now not sure why i didnt before

Last edited:
Back