• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Stygian Snakewood - Recruitment Thread

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A¹¹

Novice
- Made with Pokémon Essentials v21.1 -

Summary:
Hoenn has been invaded by a zombie plague! Revive the experience of the iconic 2011 ROM Hack by Cutlerine once again as you are the younger sibling of Brendan, who woke up without memory on a devastated region, trying to find the whereabouts of their brother and the origin of the zombie outbreak with the help of Professor Birch while meeting an almost unrecognizable Hoenn, facing zombies, new characters and "unusual" humor!

Features:

# Re-balancing of the in-game Pokémon, the goal is that every single one of our Pokémon gets a niche, or at least a time to shine!

# QoL overflow! We want to make the experience as smooth and possible and increase the replay factor.

# New zombie forms of Pokémon, these often are powerful but limited! You'll need a Necro Ball to catch one, but it's probably going to be worth the effort.

# Limited resources: To be more of an experience regarding an apocalyptic society, it's considerably harder to have resources such as money and items. Be aware of how you'll use consumable items and spend your money, your choices matter.

# Revamped graphics: Every single Pokémon and Trainer from the original Pokémon Snakewood game is planned or has already been remade or at least updated.

Current Team Members: A¹¹/A11, lichen, Badman

(Note: Many designs were submitted by Burgorton, but he opted out of being part of the team)

In need of:

# Spriters: I'm currently struggling spriting every single Pokémon or Trainer. Spriters willing to help with the UI would be of great help as well. (the Title Screen is of highest priority)

# Mappers/Eventers: Help with these would be appreciated. My experience with making events and remaking maps in order to make them more cohesive has been a bit tiring and inefficient.

# Composers: Not actually -that- necessary, it would be mostly to have some remixes of the typical RSE/ORAS music so that it doesn't play a happy melody on a destroyed city full of demons and zombies

YlF917s.png
0dydx3c.png
cunCZvc.png
8DtZshW.png

Contact me on Discord (aaleven)

Notes
: You should like or at least be fond of the original Snakewood, it would make everything easier. Also I've never worked with people before in a team, take that in consideration and be patient.

Last edited by a moderator:

A¹¹

Novice
Bumping the thread for now to not be archived and to mention that the first playtesting phase is going fine. We do still need spriters though , there are a lot of sprites to be done for the first public beta and the other spriter is very busy, also there is a kinda important sprite that I should post here and on the main thread soon, stay tuned I guess?

Humanity

Rookie
I have a feeling this hack will be the best iteration of Snakewood. Here's to the best

pizzataco890

Trainer
- Made with Pokémon Essentials v21.1 -

Summary:
Hoenn has been invaded by a zombie plague! Revive the experience of the iconic 2011 ROM Hack by Cutlerine once again as you are the younger sibling of Brendan, who woke up without memory on a devastated region, trying to find the whereabouts of their brother and the origin of the zombie outbreak with the help of Professor Birch while meeting an almost unrecognizable Hoenn, facing zombies, new characters and "unusual" humor!

Features:

# Re-balancing of the in-game Pokémon, the goal is that every single one of our Pokémon gets a niche, or at least a time to shine!

# QoL overflow! We want to make the experience as smooth and possible and increase the replay factor.

# New zombie forms of Pokémon, these often are powerful but limited! You'll need a Necro Ball to catch one, but it's probably going to be worth the effort.

# Limited resources: To be more of an experience regarding an apocalyptic society, it's considerably harder to have resources such as money and items. Be aware of how you'll use consumable items and spend your money, your choices matter.

# Revamped graphics: Every single Pokémon and Trainer from the original Pokémon Snakewood game is planned or has already been remade or at least updated.

Current Team Members: A¹¹/A11, lichen

(Note: Many designs were submitted by Burgorton, but he opted out of being part of the team)

In need of:

# Spriters: I'm currently struggling spriting every single Pokémon or Trainer. Spriters willing to help with the UI would be of great help as well. (the Title Screen is of highest priority)

# Mappers/Eventers: Help with these would be appreciated. My experience with making events and remaking maps in order to make them more cohesive has been a bit tiring and inefficient.

# Composers: Not actually -that- necessary, it would be mostly to have some remixes of the typical RSE/ORAS music so that it doesn't play a happy melody on a destroyed city full of demons and zombies

Contact me on Discord (aaleven)

Notes
: You should like or at least be fond of the original Snakewood, it would make everything easier. Also I've never worked with people before in a team, take that in consideration and be patient.
If you need any extra game testers I'm really experienced with that but I do it at a slow pace just dm here if needed. Is there any way to catch plague type Pokémon.

A¹¹

Novice
If you need any extra game testers I'm really experienced with that but I do it at a slow pace just dm here if needed. Is there any way to catch plague type Pokémon.
Not yet for both, but soon-ish I'll do an update post on the main thread that could explain the situation of the game currently.

A¹¹

Novice
Bumping the thread to announce some big stuff for stygian snakewood on the main thread, spriters are still needed

A¹¹

Novice
Just a small bump, Badman decided to help with some sprites but he's (actually everyone tbh) busy so spriters are still appreciated!

A¹¹

Novice
Bump! I guess there is a title screen now! (Title Screen made by MysticMagnetism)
titlescreen-2.png

I still need to tweak stuff and add the Title but it looks kinda nice.

Anyway same thing as usual. Spriters and Mappers needed but if you think you can help it with something interesting don't be afraid to DM me!

Last edited:

A¹¹

Novice
Bump. Hi Relic Castle Eevee Expo, while the original post here was unavailable I made a thread on PokéCommunity which is likely going to be the main one from now one, cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back