• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Custom Field Effects(deprecated) v1.0.6

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
I don't have a plan to finish other field effects recently, cos I have a way more important thing in my real life.
and... maybe, I can't get u right.
u can just use my other plugin for single ability rather than field effect, or u can just simply combine them two.(two plugins together may conflict, untested)
Oh no worries, I might be able to figure it out. Probably just not there is why it doesn't call for a change in scene. I might expand upon your list of field effects later on when I have a steady development team. I understand completely with life and it always comes first. I wish you the best and I pray everything works out in your favor. Much love and appreciation to your work! :)

Penelope

Trainer
I'm not sure if I made a mistake or it's just a bug but the effect of the battle terrain starts at the 2nd round.
please specify.

edited: I tested it in the vanilla, and the electric field effect started at the first turn when the switch 121 is on.

Last edited:

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
check setfield.rb somewhere using switches control field, u could find a "#xxx" that i commented, u can get field effect based on map ids.
im looking at it, and honestly have no clue how to even or how it even would work.

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
On the item effects, how would you get it to raise 2 separate stats twice because it doesn't seem to work as it only raises the first one

Penelope

Trainer
On the item effects, how would you get it to raise 2 separate stats twice because it doesn't seem to work as it only raises the first one
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
Battle::ItemEffects::TerrainStatBoost.add(:ELECTRICSEED,
  proc { |item, battler, battle|
    next false if ![:ElectricTerrain, :ElectricField].include?(battle.field.terrain)
    itemName = GameData::Item.get(item).name
    if battler.pbCanRaiseStatStage?(:DEFENSE, battler) || battler.pbCanRaiseStatStage?(:SPECIAL_DEFENSE, battler)
       battle.pbCommonAnimation("UseItem", battler)
       battler.pbRaiseStatStageByCause(:DEFENSE, 1, battler, itemName) if battler.pbCanRaiseStatStage?(:DEFENSE, battler)
       battler.pbRaiseStatStageByCause(:SPECIAL_DEFENSE, 1, battler, itemName) if battler.pbCanRaiseStatStage?(:SPECIAL_DEFENSE, battler)
    end
    if [:ElectricField].include?(battle.field.terrain)
    battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} began charging power!", battler.pbThis))
    next battler.effects[PBEffects::Charge] = 2
    end
  }
)
this is not perfect, may have some troubles in certain cases.

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
Ok so how would you make it in a field where when a Pokémon Lets say Starmie is switched in and its ability Illuminate raises its special attack.

Penelope

Trainer
Ok so how would you make it in a field where when a Pokémon Lets say Starmie is switched in and its ability Illuminate raises its special attack.
i havent done this function, coz these fields i preinstalled do not have this effect, this function will be available in a few days.

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
How would you do sub typings like for example surf gaining the electric type when used in electric terrain

Ryuushedo

Developer of Pokemon Lost World
uhh maam, sorry that im a little bit dumb, but how do i start the terrain battle?

Tosuri

Rookie
Hey there, I've tried using this plugin though I've had a notable issue, it appears the entire damage calc section of the Plugin is non functional. None of the fields or terrains change the damage dealt and don't play the displays. Are there any changes I can make to the code to have this work properly?

Back