• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Is there a way to add a border to a game using essentials v20.1 plz?

Drqiu

Novice
My game is now based on essentials v20.1 and I have noticed that many games developed with previous versions have been able to add borders. The code associated with this feature has been removed in 20.1. I would love to reproduce this functionality in my game, is there a way to add border to the game in v20.1? I'd appreciate it!

Platypus Gamer

Game Designer
Can you give me a little bit more clarification on what you mean by being able to add "borders" in the game? Also, if the feature has been removed in v20.1, you might be able to copy the script code of that feature from a previous version and paste it into the v20.1 script.

Can you give me a little bit more clarification on what you mean by being able to add "borders" in the game? Also, if the feature has been removed in v20.1, you might be able to copy the script code of that feature from a previous version and paste it into the v20.1 script.
It was a default feature of Essentials for a while, a border you can toggle in the options.
1697774987110.png

It was removed in v19 because adding MKXP complicated things (since MKXP has adjustable screen sizes), and people have generally found it too complicated to add back. (You can see some discussion on the discord here)

taynathon managed to adapt it to the GSC kit, which I think also used MKXP? But they mentioned it needed more work for standard Essentials.

Drqiu

Novice
Thanks, as TechSkylander1518 has clarified

Drqiu

Novice
It was a default feature of Essentials for a while, a border you can toggle in the options.
View attachment 22102
It was removed in v19 because adding MKXP complicated things (since MKXP has adjustable screen sizes), and people have generally found it too complicated to add back. (You can see some discussion on the discord here)

taynathon managed to adapt it to the GSC kit, which I think also used MKXP? But they mentioned it needed more work for standard Essentials.
Okay, thank you very much for the clarification

Back