• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Berry Planting Improvements

Resource Berry Planting Improvements 1.8.5

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
wrigty12 submitted a new resource:

Berry Planting Improvements - Town Map Berry Indicators, Berry Mutations, and Berry Propagation. Oh my.

Diamond and Pearl added a way to view ripe berries on a map through the Poketch Berry Finder. BDSP shows them as part of the main Town Map. XY allowed for berry mutations to occur. Why not bring these to Essentials to make the berry planting experience easier and more fun?

Version
  • I created and tested this for v20.1. However, I don't think there is anything in my plugin that wouldn't make it incompatible with v21.1, I haven't tested it yet. Feel free to install it...

Read more about this resource...

LinKazamine

Champion
I can't test this plugin. Any time I select new game it throws this error:
1697454873106.png

I have even tried it in a copy of vanilla essentials that I unziped right away, with only the hotfixes.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I can't test this plugin. Any time I select new game it throws this error:
View attachment 22015
I have even tried it in a copy of vanilla essentials that I unziped right away, with only the hotfixes.
Ah, found the issue. I'll clean it up and publish the fix later.

For now, in the class PokemonGlobalMetadata (Line 261), you can add
Ruby:
    def compilePlantMutationParents
        @berry_plant_mutation_parents = []
        Settings::BERRY_MUTATION_POSSIBILITIES.each { |key|
            @berry_plant_mutation_parents.push(key[0][0]) if !@berry_plant_mutation_parents.include?(key[0][0])
            @berry_plant_mutation_parents.push(key[0][1]) if !@berry_plant_mutation_parents.include?(key[0][1])
        }
    end

so it looks like this:
1697461571262.png

LinKazamine

Champion
Ok! Thanks!

But now that I'm testing it, it seems to be a problem with this plugin, Arcky's Town Map and the quest system:
1697464117888.png

Without your plugin, a quest icon shows at this point (also, it should display either the info of a quest or to activate fly) but it doesn't show with the quest active.
This is what happens before I activate the quest:
1697464220274.png

And this without your plugin:
1697464377983.png

I personally will not use quests, but I though you may want to know about this.

Also, I'm still trying to figure how to get the berry icons to appear. I'm not even getting a message in the console about having events to edit despite most of the berrys still going with vanilla esentials name.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Ok! Thanks!

But now that I'm testing it, it seems to be a problem with this plugin, Arcky's Town Map and the quest system:
View attachment 22017
Without your plugin, a quest icon shows at this point (also, it should display either the info of a quest or to activate fly) but it doesn't show with the quest active.
View attachment 22018
View attachment 22019

Also, I'm still trying to figure how to get the berry icons to appear. I'm not even getting a message in the console about having events to edit despite most of the berrys still going with vanilla esentials name.
Hm. It's likely something related to me setting quests being on a completely separate "view" for my game and that leaked into this. I'll check it out.

For the berries, did you manually plant new berries? It will only show player planted berries, not defaults that are already planted before the player interacts.

LinKazamine

Champion
Oh, that explains it. I thought it worked with all berries and didn't even think of trying to replant them. Yes, they are showing now.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Ok! Thanks!

View attachment 22017
View attachment 22018
View attachment 22019

Figured out the issue. It's actually a bug with the Map plugin, not mine. Arcky needs to add a dependency to their meta.txt file so when both the quest system and the town map plugins are installed, the quest system gets installed first.

Adding this like to the Arcky's Region Map plugin meta.txt file fixes the issue: Optional = Modern Quest System + UI,1.0

LinKazamine

Champion
Ah, didn't though about that at all. Maybe I should stop testing things until I can focus on them instead of going back and forth between multiple things.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
wrigty12 updated Berry Planting Improvements with a new update entry:

Preferred Weather and crash fixes

Change Log
  • Added option for Preferred Weather, set in berry_data.txt. If at some point before reaching its mature stage the berry's plant has been exposed to one of its Preferred Weather, it will boost the berry yield. Instructions are in the Plugin's Overview tab
  • Added some guardrails to prevent crashes when dealing with berry plants that may not be events (like the Berry Pots plugin)

Read the rest of this update entry...

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid

Update 1.3 - Mulch Composter, Preferred/Unpreferred Zones, Additional Preferred Weather boosts

Change Log
  • Possibly Incompatibility: Had to overwrite the update function in the BerryPlant class, so any plugin that also changes that function may be incompatible.
  • New feature: Mulch Composter. Using pbMulchComposter or pbComposter, you can turn berries into Mulch items. Requires Berry Core and Dex 1.1
  • New feature: Preferred and Unpreferred Zones. Similar to Preferred...

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid

Update 1.4 - Weeds, Pests, and Digging

Change Log
  • ⭐New feature: Digging up berries. If a berry is still in its first stage (has not sprouted yet), give the option to dig it up. You can make it so the berry has a chance to be returned to the player.
  • ⭐New feature: Weeds can now grow around berry plants. You control what effects weeds have on a plant. You can define which mulches impact weed growth.
  • ⭐New feature: Pests (wild Pokemon) can now appear in berry plants, indicated by a...

REALMUGEN

Trainer

Thanks for share.

Since I installed the most recent update I get the following error every time I open the Arcky´s map.

Ruby:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]
[EBDX v1.4.1 (E21)]

Exception: TypeError

Backtrace:
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:103:in `-'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:103:in `update'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:615:in `block in pbForceUpdateAllBerryPlants'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:608:in `each'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:608:in `pbForceUpdateAllBerryPlants'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:655:in `addBerryIconSprites'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:637:in `addFlyIconSprites'
[Arcky's Region Map] 002_RegionMap_Main.rb:178:in `main'
[Arcky's Region Map] 002_RegionMap_Main.rb:168:in `pbStartScene'
[Arcky's Region Map] 002_RegionMap_Main.rb:1367:in `pbStartScreen'

Everything happens particularly in the line
Ruby:
weed_delta = time_now.to_i - @weeds_timer

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Thanks for share.

Since I installed the most recent update I get the following error every time I open the Arcky´s map.

Ruby:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]
[EBDX v1.4.1 (E21)]

Exception: TypeError

Backtrace:
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:103:in `-'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:103:in `update'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:615:in `block in pbForceUpdateAllBerryPlants'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:608:in `each'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:608:in `pbForceUpdateAllBerryPlants'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:655:in `addBerryIconSprites'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:637:in `addFlyIconSprites'
[Arcky's Region Map] 002_RegionMap_Main.rb:178:in `main'
[Arcky's Region Map] 002_RegionMap_Main.rb:168:in `pbStartScene'
[Arcky's Region Map] 002_RegionMap_Main.rb:1367:in `pbStartScreen'

Everything happens particularly in the line
Ruby:
weed_delta = time_now.to_i - @weeds_timer
aha, I think what's happening is the BerryPlantData for at least one plant already existed in your save file from before you updated my plugin. Since my newest update added new variables to it, they aren't defined so it can't handle it.

Can you try starting a new game and see if that fixes it? I'll add handling for it for the next update.

EDIT: Or, if you don't want to start a new game, you can replace lines 102 and 113 in 001_BerryPlantingImprovements with the following two lines:
Replace 102 if Settings::BERRY_USE_WEED_MECHANICS && @event && !@weeds && @growth_stage > 1 with
Ruby:
if Settings::BERRY_USE_WEED_MECHANICS && @event && @weeds_timer && !@weeds && @growth_stage > 1
Replace 113 if Settings::BERRY_USE_PEST_MECHANICS && @event with
Ruby:
if Settings::BERRY_USE_PEST_MECHANICS && @event && @pests_timer

Last edited:

REALMUGEN

Trainer
aha, I think what's happening is the BerryPlantData for at least one plant already existed in your save file from before you updated my plugin. Since my newest update added new variables to it, they aren't defined so it can't handle it.

Can you try starting a new game and see if that fixes it? I'll add handling for it for the next update.

EDIT: Or, if you don't want to start a new game, you can add replace lines 102 and 113 in 001_BerryPlantingImprovements with the following two lines:
Replace 102 if Settings::BERRY_USE_WEED_MECHANICS && @event && !@weeds && @growth_stage > 1 with
Ruby:
if Settings::BERRY_USE_WEED_MECHANICS && @event && @weeds_timer && !@weeds && @growth_stage > 1
Replace 113 if Settings::BERRY_USE_PEST_MECHANICS && @event with
Ruby:
if Settings::BERRY_USE_PEST_MECHANICS && @event && @pests_timer

That make the magic of not having to start a new game! :__)

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid

Update 1.5 - Withered Items, Auto Planting, some efficiency changes

Change Log
In order to be consistent with my other plugins, and to make setup easier to find when downloading the plugin, I've moved all the Setup into its own document within the downloaded folder, instead of keeping it in the forum resource post.
  • ⭐New feature: Withered Items. When a berry plant completely withers away by replanting itself the max number of times until it disappears, you can have a specific item or the original berry drop. The player will pick...

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid

Update 1.6 - Persistent Plants

Change Log
  • Possible Incompatibility: Had to bypass the pbPickBerry function in the Overworld_BerryPlants script, so any plugin that also changes that function may not run.
  • ⭐New feature: Persistent Plant. Usually, berry plants will disappear after their berries are picked. You can make it so berry plants persist after picking, just like real fruit trees.

Back