• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Charm Case

Resource Charm Case V1.5

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
drdoom76 submitted a new resource:

Charm Case - A case to store all your Charms and free up Key item slots!

Charms in Pokemon are awesome, in my opinion. I love things with passive bonuses. With all the Charms I ended up adding to my game, the Key item pocket got a little bogged down, so I had to come up with a solution. Introducing the Charm Case! The Case itself is a Key item that stores all your Charms. Every Charm given will go into a storage variable, instead of in your inventory, so no more clutter! Inside the Case, you can toggle the effects on and off. I've also added in Element Charms...

Read more about this resource...

SebastiaanZ

Trainer
I am sorry but is this actually updated to 21.1? It has quite a few issues. It crashes if I do a wild battle and a charm is on (no elementary ones). If no charms are active and I open the Charms Case the game crashes as well. If I pick up an itemball, it crashes.

Error message when wild battle:
[2023-09-15 11:57:15 +0200]
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `blackFluteUsed' for #<PokemonMapMetadata>

Backtrace:
[Charms Case] Charm Case Charm Effects.rb:151:in `choose_wild_pokemon'
Overworld:204:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'
[Delta Speed Up] _Main_Script.rb:80:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'
Overworld:193:in `block in <main>'
Event_Handlers:89:in `block in trigger'
Event_Handlers:89:in `each_value'
Event_Handlers:89:in `trigger'
Event_HandlerCollections:63:in `trigger'
Game_Player:183:in `turn_generic'
Game_Character:824:in `turn_left'

Error message when picking up item ball:
[2023-09-15 11:55:49 +0200]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Script error in event 11 (coords 26,14), map 5 (Route 1)
Exception: ArgumentError

***Full script:
pbItemBall(:GREATBALL)
Backtrace:
[Charms Case] Charm Case Charm Effects.rb:1225:in `pbItemBall'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
Interpreter:138:in `eval'
Interpreter:138:in `execute_script'
Interpreter_Commands:434:in `command_111'
Interpreter_Commands:29:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:130:in `block in update'
Interpreter:86:in `loop'
Interpreter:86:in `update'
Scene_Map:167:in `block in update'

Error message when opening Charms Case when no charms:
[2023-09-15 11:54:50 +0200]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Backtrace:
[Charms Case] Charm Case Script.rb:137:in `itemCount'
SpriteWindow_text:1144:in `refresh'
SpriteWindow_text:1076:in `initialize'
[Charms Case] Charm Case Script.rb:125:in `initialize'
[Charms Case] Charm Case Script.rb:255:in `new'
[Charms Case] Charm Case Script.rb:255:in `pbStartBuyOrSellScene'
[Charms Case] Charm Case Script.rb:274:in `pbStartBuyScene'
[Charms Case] Charm Case Script.rb:362:in `pbBuyScreen'
[Charms Case] Charm Case Charm Effects.rb:5:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
I am sorry but is this actually updated to 21.1? It has quite a few issues. It crashes if I do a wild battle and a charm is on (no elementary ones). If no charms are active and I open the Charms Case the game crashes as well. If I pick up an itemball, it crashes.

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Backtrace:

Error message when picking up item ball:
[2023-09-15 11:55:49 +0200]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Script error in event 11 (coords 26,14), map 5 (Route 1)
Exception: ArgumentError

***Full script:
pbItemBall(:GREATBALL)
Backtrace:
[Charms Case] Charm Case Charm Effects.rb:1225:in `pbItemBall'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
Interpreter:138:in `eval'
Interpreter:138:in `execute_script'
Interpreter_Commands:434:in `command_111'
Interpreter_Commands:29:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:130:in `block in update'
Interpreter:86:in `loop'
Interpreter:86:in `update'
Scene_Map:167:in `block in update'

Error message when opening Charms Case when no charms:
[2023-09-15 11:54:50 +0200]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Backtrace:
[Charms Case] Charm Case Script.rb:137:in `itemCount'
SpriteWindow_text:1144:in `refresh'
SpriteWindow_text:1076:in `initialize'
[Charms Case] Charm Case Script.rb:125:in `initialize'
[Charms Case] Charm Case Script.rb:255:in `new'
[Charms Case] Charm Case Script.rb:255:in `pbStartBuyOrSellScene'
[Charms Case] Charm Case Script.rb:274:in `pbStartBuyScene'
[Charms Case] Charm Case Script.rb:362:in `pbBuyScreen'
[Charms Case] Charm Case Charm Effects.rb:5:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'
I will look into it. It was written for 20.1 but I tested on a clean 21.1 to check it out. I will mark it as 20.1 until I can figure out the issues.

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
drdoom76 updated Charm Case with a new update entry:

V.1.01

Fixed an issue with ItemBalls and opening an empty Charm Case. Also added missing Promo Charm and Balance Charm to PBS txt. Fixed issue with IVCharm and error with how the WildEncounter is handled between V20.1 and V21.1. Changed Graphics location to /Graphics/UI to match V21.1. Includes all required Slot Machine graphics in the folder, so V20.1 can copy and go.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
Updated. Made an oversight passing variables through methods. It was broken in V20.1, as well, I missed it adding in something at the last minute. I could not recreate the blackflute issue, though, and I don't see the issue that references line 151. I will dig deeper into it, if you encounter the issue again, please let me know. New version is up. Which charm was active when this poped up?

Ruby:
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Backtrace:
Temporarily fixed the problem with the black/white flute issue for V21.1. I will look into putting into a more permanent fix. In the meantime, please let me know if you run into anymore errors.

Last edited:

drdoom76

Cooltrainer

V1.02

• Changed several lines of code to differentiate between V20.1 and V21.1. Should now be compatible with both.
  • Replaced a few charm sprites with more Pokemon friendly colored sprites - credits to LinKazamine.
  • Adjust healing charm calculations. Should function as intended now.
  • Added in pbGiveAllCharms and pbGiveAllECharms to give all charms for normal and elemental charms.
  • Split Slot Machine graphics into two folders. One for V20.1 and one for V21.1. Working on a permanent...

Last edited:

LinKazamine

Champion
I have noticed that you are using $player.activeCharm? to check if the charm is active instead of checking if it's in the bag. I haven't looked at all of them, but on the Healing Charm code you have one $bag.has?(:HEALINGCHARM). Seeing how your script works, the healing of this charm will never happen since the charm will never be on the bag.

Maybe search for all the stances where $bag.has? is used on your script to make sure all your charms use the other code instead.

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
I have noticed that you are using $player.activeCharm? to check if the charm is active instead of checking if it's in the bag. I haven't looked at all of them, but on the Healing Charm code you have one $bag.has?(:HEALINGCHARM). Seeing how your script works, the healing of this charm will never happen since the charm will never be on the bag.

Maybe search for all the stances where $bag.has? is used on your script to make sure all your charms use the other code instead.
Thanks. Oversight on my part. I was trying to debug the problem I was having with getting it to work, forgot to change it back. Fixed and re-uploaded.

LinKazamine

Champion
Mmm... A question.

I see that you multiply by 5 the coins received if both Coin charm and Slot charm are active. Then, why multiply by 3 if only Coin charm is active? I mean, since you are making the slot charm also affect the payout when it's active with the Coin charm, shouldn't it also affect it when the Coin charm isn't active?

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
Mmm... A question.

I see that you multiply by 5 the coins received if both Coin charm and Slot charm are active. Then, why multiply by 3 if only Coin charm is active? I mean, since you are making the slot charm also affect the payout when it's active with the Coin charm, shouldn't it also affect it when the Coin charm isn't active?
The Coin Charm is meant to multiply coins.
The Slots Charm was from Substitute, and I think when thought up, it was just suppose to slow the slots down and prevent slipping. I thought it would be nice to have an added bonus of having both. Not really necessary. I put it together for my game, and the player would have received the Coin Charm first, so it would have been a surprising added bonus when finding the Slots Charm.
I'm currently putting together a settings file where just about all charm values can be changed. I will add in a setting to allow Slots Charm to multiply without Coin Charm. For now, reuploaded with suggested change. Display will change accordingly.

Also, fixed the way the background images for slot machine locations are different between V20.1 and V21.1. All the images are back in one folder, with the path relating to V21.1. All the images are included for people use V20.1, as all file paths have been changed to reflect V21.1.
Changed FIGHTCHARM and FLYCHARM to FIGHTINGCHARM and FLYINGCHARM. Please update PBS file.

Phye

Moon Guardian
Hey, I have a small suggestion to add to the charms list. Would there be a possibility of adding the exp share for all as a charm instead of a key item? That way people can use the held exp share as well if they want and use the charm system as a toggle for the exp to all bit instead of both items being exp share.

Dunno a good name for it but maybe something like Gracious/Bounty/Charity Charm? Since EXP Charm already exists.
Either way, amazing plugin, and looking forward to using it in my future projects.

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
Hey, I have a small suggestion to add to the charms list. Would there be a possibility of adding the exp share for all as a charm instead of a key item? That way people can use the held exp share as well if they want and use the charm system as a toggle for the exp to all bit instead of both items being exp share.

Dunno a good name for it but maybe something like Gracious/Bounty/Charity Charm? Since EXP Charm already exists.
Either way, amazing plugin, and looking forward to using it in my future projects.
Will absolutely look into doing this. It would be a great idea who people who don't like the item idea.

DayBreak

Rookie
Hello. I have a minor concern regarding how this script overwrites a few things. I have my own script that alters Wild Pokémon spawns (specifically make certain wild Pokémon Shadow Pokémon), and I know that Improved Mementos also slightly changes the same section. I decided to slightly modify the pbGenerateWildPokemon section to simply alias the original thing rather than overwriting it entirely, and that seems to have done the trick. Of course, this was the only important thing to me, so I didn't do this with anything else, and it's pretty messy since I'm not very good at coding.

charm_pbGenerateWildPokemon:
#===============================================================================
# Clover Charm / Key Charm / Viral Charm / Smart Charm / Spirit Charm
#===============================================================================
alias charm_pbGenerateWildPokemon pbGenerateWildPokemon
def pbGenerateWildPokemon(species, level, isRoamer = false)
  genwildpoke = charm_pbGenerateWildPokemon(species, level, isRoamer)
  items = genwildpoke.wildHoldItems
  first_pkmn = $player.first_pokemon
  # Clover Charm
  if $player.activeCharm?(:CLOVERCHARM)
    if first_pkmn
        chances = [60, 20, 5]
      elsif $player.activeCharm?(:CLOVERCHARM) && (first_pkmn.ability_id == :COMPOUNDEYES || first_pkmn.ability_id == :SUPERLUCK)
        chances = [75, 35, 15]
      end
    end
    itemrnd = rand(100)
    if (items[0] == items[1] && items[1] == items[2]) || itemrnd < chances[0]
      genwildpoke.item = items[0].sample
    elsif itemrnd < (chances[0] + chances[1])
      genwildpoke.item = items[1].sample
    elsif itemrnd < (chances[0] + chances[1] + chances[2])
      genwildpoke.item = items[2].sample
    end
  end
  genwildpoke.givePokerus if ($player.activeCharm?(:VIRALCHARM) && rand(100) < 10)

# Spirit Charm
  if $player.activeCharm?(:SPIRITCHARM)
    if !isRoamer && (Settings::MORE_ABILITIES_AFFECT_WILD_ENCOUNTERS || (rand(100) < 50))
      genwildpoke.nature = first_pkmn.nature
    end
  end

# Smart Charm
  if ($player.activeCharm?(:SMARTCHARM) && rand(100) < 30)
    specialmoves = genwildpoke.species_data.tutor_moves + genwildpoke.species_data.get_egg_moves
    genwildpoke.learn_move(specialmoves.sample)
  end
  return genwildpoke
end

# Twin Charm / Coin Charm if you want to add pbReceiveCoins method to put random coins on the ground
alias charm_pbItemBall pbItemBall
def pbItemBall(item, quantity = 1)
  quantity *= 2 if event_name[/hiddenitem/i] && $player.activeCharm?(:TWINCHARM)
  charm_pbItemBall(item, quantity)
end

# Gold Charm
class Battle
  alias charm_pbGainMoney pbGainMoney
  def pbGainMoney
    return if !@internalBattle || !@moneyGain
    @field.effects[PBEffects::PayDay] += 1000 if $player.activeCharm?(:GOLDCHARM)
    charm_pbGainMoney
  end
end

Edit: Also added the Twin Charm and Gold Charm in case someone does something that modifies those methods.

Last edited:

LinKazamine

Champion
Well, while this is certainly a concern for the developers, I hope you understand that plugin creators can't make their plugins compatible with all plugins out there.

That said, you are welcome to share here your solutions so others with the same problem can do it too.

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
Hello. I have a minor concern regarding how this script overwrites a few things. I have my own script that alters Wild Pokémon spawns (specifically make certain wild Pokémon Shadow Pokémon), and I know that Improved Mementos also slightly changes the same section. I decided to slightly modify the pbGenerateWildPokemon section to simply alias the original thing rather than overwriting it entirely, and that seems to have done the trick. Of course, this was the only important thing to me, so I didn't do this with anything else, and it's pretty messy since I'm not very good at coding.

# Clover Charm
    if first_pkmn
        chances = [60, 20, 5]
      elsif $player.activeCharm?(:CLOVERCHARM) && (first_pkmn.ability_id == :COMPOUNDEYES || first_pkmn.ability_id == :SUPERLUCK)
        chances = [75, 35, 15]
      end
    end
    itemrnd = rand(100)
    end
  end
  genwildpoke.givePokerus if ($player.activeCharm?(:VIRALCHARM) && rand(100) < 10)

# Spirit Charm
    if !isRoamer && (Settings::MORE_ABILITIES_AFFECT_WILD_ENCOUNTERS || (rand(100) < 50))
    end
  end

# Smart Charm
    specialmoves = genwildpoke.species_data.tutor_moves + genwildpoke.species_data.get_egg_moves
  end
  return genwildpoke
end

# Twin Charm / Coin Charm if you want to add pbReceiveCoins method to put random coins on the ground
end

# Gold Charm
class Battle
  def pbGainMoney
    charm_pbGainMoney
  end
end

Edit: Also added the Twin Charm and Gold Charm in case someone does something that modifies those methods.
I do appreciate the feedback. I will try to address any concerns as best as possible, but as LinKazamine said, there's hundreds of scripts out there, and it'd be impossible to make them all compatible with each other. I will add a disclaimer on the front page with all the modifications.If you PM me with your issues, I'll do my best to try and help you through the coding to get your game where you want it to be, while still enjoying all the plugins. I will look into adjusting the script.

Last edited:

drdoom76

Cooltrainer

# Clover Charm
    if first_pkmn
        chances = [60, 20, 5]
        chances = [75, 35, 15]
      end
    end
    itemrnd = rand(100)
    end
  end

# Spirit Charm
    end
  end

# Smart Charm
  end
  return genwildpoke
end

end

# Gold Charm
class Battle
  def pbGainMoney
    charm_pbGainMoney
  end
end

Make sure your twin charms defines the event_name
Ruby:
  event_name = $game_map.events[@event_id].name  # Use the event_id to get the event and its name
end

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
I've been going through cleaning up some stuff today. I'll try to add in the alias's and get that pushed out tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback!

drdoom76

Cooltrainer

V.1.03

# V1.03 - Adjusted some code, making it easier to follow.
# Fixed Slot Machine background problem. Images are back into one folder, following
# the path of V21.1 (Graphics/UI)
# Per suggestion, changed Slots Charm giving payout bonus as well.
# Graphics adjusted accordingly.
# Redid PBS txt and text throughout the script to make the charms in alphabetical order. More
# aesthetically pleasing and this is easier to sort, and deleted blanks lines which errors V21.1.
# Adding missing Charms to...

With all the changes, please let me know if you run into any errors. I changed just about all the effects portion of the script, except for the mini-game handling.
Side note: I briefly tested the changes. Tonight I'll dig deeper into everything.

Last edited:

LinKazamine

Champion
I think the description is wrong. Should this affect the pokémon moves?
1694949125211.png

Back