• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Ultimate Charm Resource V1.0

LinKazamine

Champion
I made a heart-shaped charm for the friendship charm and later saw the charm you made for the heart charm. They don't look the same but are similar enough. Guess that everyone thinks of hearts when thinking of friendship.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
step.png
> Not my favorite, but there's my attempt at a step charm

effort.png
> Tried something different for the EV charm. Since they are "Effort" values, I thought it'd be kinda fun to have a blue ribbon-style charm. It helps differ from all the other charms that already have a stone-like charm.

LinKazamine

Champion
step_.png

Maybe looks better with those... beans? Don't know what they're called.

I like the EV charm, though. I think there even was a ribbon for a pokémon that maxed their EV? So it kind of fits.

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
Lol. Have any other ideas for more, wrigty? I've got an itemfinder charm in the works, with a disable charm and wishing charm in the back of my mind.
LinKazamine already made the sprite for the itemfinder. Just have to figure out the disposal. Was giving me issues. And I plan on coding that Twin Charm. I like it idea of it.

LinKazamine

Champion
Yes, it looks better than the other one. The red color is plain, but the rest of the colors are good and the pixel density is constant.

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
Idea for the Disable Charm? I know it doesn't follow the 4 pixel rule, but it looked crazy when I tried it with four pixels. I'll redo it, but this is what I'm thinking?
@wrigty12 @LinKazamine
DISABLECHARM.png

Last edited:

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
Coding for the disable charm? Should disable foe's last move on hp drop below 50%? Pretty much cursed body.. Didn't really think about a better way to do it, unless it was on hit with a random number.
@wrigty12 @LinKazamine
Ruby:
  #Disable Charm
  Battle::AbilityEffects::OnHPDroppedBelowHalf.add(:DISABLECHARM,
  proc { |ability, battler, move_user, battle|
  if activeCharm?(:DISABLECHARM)
     next if user.fainted?
    next if user.effects[PBEffects::Disable] > 0
    regularMove = nil
    user.eachMove do |m|
      next if m.id != user.lastRegularMoveUsed
      regularMove = m
      break
    end
    next if !regularMove || (regularMove.pp == 0 && regularMove.total_pp > 0)
    next if battle.pbRandom(100) >= 30
    battle.pbShowAbilitySplash(target)
    if !move.pbMoveFailedAromaVeil?(target, user, Battle::Scene::USE_ABILITY_SPLASH)
      user.effects[PBEffects::Disable]     = 3
      user.effects[PBEffects::DisableMove] = regularMove.id
      if Battle::Scene::USE_ABILITY_SPLASH
        battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} was disabled!", user.pbThis, regularMove.name))
      else
        battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} was disabled by {3}'s {4}!",
           user.pbThis, regularMove.name, target.pbThis(true), target.abilityName))
      end
      battle.pbHideAbilitySplash(target)
      user.pbItemStatusCureCheck
    end
    battle.pbHideAbilitySplash(target)
    end
  }
)

LinKazamine

Champion
I guess? I don't have much of a clue of how to make a disabling charm, honestly.

As for the charm... trying to do the one you posted in the pixel density of all the other sprites will be really hard. I would suggest simplifying it. It's very likely that the inner black box will not fit so you can either try to make the red cross on the centre of the paper or simplify the amulet to a simple red cross.

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
I guess? I don't have much of a clue of how to make a disabling charm, honestly.

As for the charm... trying to do the one you posted in the pixel density of all the other sprites will be really hard. I would suggest simplifying it. It's very likely that the inner black box will not fit so you can either try to make the red cross on the centre of the paper or simplify the amulet to a simple red cross.
It came out looking like a cross...

DISABLECHARM.png

Back