• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Delta Speed Up

Resource Delta Speed Up 1.0

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Discord Mod
Mashirosakura submitted a new resource:

Delta Speed Up - Speed has never been so smooth!

We all know about speed up. It's been a staple of the fan game community for at least a good 6 or so years now. Wars have been fought over whether or not including it makes your game good or bad...

...But who cares about that?! We just want speed!
However, the old way of speeding up broke in v21 with what I'm dubbing the "delta change". "delta" is a variable that adjusts the speed of the game to your monitor's natural refresh rate, making the game faster and smoother. This is...

Read more about this resource...

JogatinandoC

Cooltrainer
Hi! I was using your plugin and, when returning to the "original speed", i've got this error in this specific map.
1693845674043.png

Mashirosakura

Discord Mod
Hi! I was using your plugin and, when returning to the "original speed", i've got this error in this specific map.View attachment 20772
Can you give us a bit more detail about what's going on on the map when this occurs? We haven't been able to reproduce the error on our end. (Also sorry for the late reply)

JogatinandoC

Cooltrainer
Can you give us a bit more detail about what's going on on the map when this occurs? We haven't been able to reproduce the error on our end. (Also sorry for the late reply)
The only special thing that wss in the map was the Sandstorm. I didn't add anything too special.

Mashirosakura

Discord Mod
The only special thing that wss in the map was the Sandstorm. I didn't add anything too special.
After a little more testing we've isolated it down to animations, did you happen to get it whilst running through something like grass or a ledge, whilst returning the speed to normal?

JogatinandoC

Cooltrainer
After a little more testing we've isolated it down to animations, did you happen to get it whilst running through something like grass or a ledge, whilst returning the speed to normal?
Actually no, but i guess I was just running around and pressed the key to return speed to normal. And this sand doens't have encounters like grass. And I was sure i wasn't using any other plugins at that moment.

Mashirosakura

Discord Mod

llk

Novice
When I use pokemon in GIF format, switching back to normal speed GIF stops and the interface is refreshed to resume operation
record-_1_.gif

Teofago

Rookie
Hi there!

I'm barely starting using essentials and I think I'm not doing it right.
How do I install this? I've tried placing it in plugins, folder and no folder. And nothing. I don't change speed with Q and neither I see new options on options.

Thanks in advance :D

Mashirosakura

Discord Mod
Hi there!

I'm barely starting using essentials and I think I'm not doing it right.
How do I install this? I've tried placing it in plugins, folder and no folder. And nothing. I don't change speed with Q and neither I see new options on options.

Thanks in advance :D
You just need to extract the folder into the plugins folder using a program like winrar or 7zip.

Teofago

Rookie
You just need to extract the folder into the plugins folder using a program like winrar or 7zip.
Thanks for answering!
2023-10-08.png

Just like this?
I've also tried placing what's inside the folder in there and nothing.
2023-10-08 (1).png

I think it's like it's not detecting it.
Sorry if I'm doing something silly, I'm not a newbie with computers but no pro at all.

LinKazamine

Champion
Have you tried holding ctrl when playtesting? Just to be clear, you have to hold ctrl when that black window appears and before it checks the plugins.
That window is even telling you that the plugins aren't compiled.

Teofago

Rookie
Have you tried holding ctrl when playtesting? Just to be clear, you have to hold ctrl when that black window appears and before it checks the plugins.
That window is even telling you that the plugins aren't compiled.
Yup, I saw in a video it's better to always open with control just in case you changed something.
Regarding plug-ins it sais:
Plugins were not compiled
Loaded Plugin: v21.1 Hotfixes (ver. 1.0.3)
Successfully loaded 1 plugin(s)

I also compiled from the debug menu and nothing new.

schmonday

Rookie
Yup, I saw in a video it's better to always open with control just in case you changed something.
Regarding plug-ins it sais:
Plugins were not compiled
Loaded Plugin: v21.1 Hotfixes (ver. 1.0.3)
Successfully loaded 1 plugin(s)

I also compiled from the debug menu and nothing new.

You can force plugin compilation by deleting Data/PluginScripts.rxdata

Robubuh

Rookie
I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I just cannot get this to work. I am new to playing fan games but have played rom hacks for a long time. I have extracted the file into the plugin folder of the game I am trying to play but for some reason cannot get the game to actually speed up.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I just cannot get this to work. I am new to playing fan games but have played rom hacks for a long time. I have extracted the file into the plugin folder of the game I am trying to play but for some reason cannot get the game to actually speed up.
You have to compile plugins.
This means you need to be able to open the project file.

Cautioncrazy

Rookie
Hi I'm trying to get this to load in my game and pressing Q does nothing. I have compiled several times, it shows plugin loaded in the Cmd. I do have 21.1 hotfixes installed as well. And lastly, I checked the F1 menu and tried to assign it to another key and that didn't work either. No errors are being given, speed up just doesn't work. I don't have many other plugins, just a hotfix for EBDX for 21.1, I doubt that's causing the issue.

Edit: I removed EBDX and deleted plugin rxdata recompiled, there is no compiling issue with 21.1 hotfix or delta speed, that original compiling error was from EBDX. Q or any key, still does not speed up the game unfortunately. And now I really am out of ideas. I have attached the new cmd with only 21.1 hotfix and delta speed as well as my plugins folder.

Edit 2: Okay I'm just dumb I guess, I didn't realize it was in the options menu, or rather I didn't realize the default speedup was 1x, I think it should start at 2x by default, it is a speedup plugin after all. I'm still going to leave this here in case anyone has the same issue and decides not to check options 😅

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    203.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    110.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    78.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    43.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

EnomicAtom

Developing Project Wisp
Mashirosakura submitted a new resource:

Delta Speed Up - Speed has never been so smooth!

Read more about this resource...

Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but if you try to enable or disable speed up as dialogue starts or stops. (Sometimes even mid-way through.) The game will just freeze. Also I'm not sure if it's intended or not, but you're unable to enable speed up if you've already started a battle. I double-checked with a fresh version of v21.1 essentials, and the outcome was the same.

Back