• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Audio Where are your thoughts of my Music

This thread's author wants feedback on a piece of audio. Be constructive.

QuahogtheCreator

Novice
Here's a Soundtrack in there if is too loud lower the volume of the audio this is Littleroot Town i made this from myself by me and I give credit to Pokemon Altair and Sirius Team, and I'm working on the remake of Pokemon Altair and Sirius.

Attachments

Upvote 0

Payou

a French guy
Yo,

I'm not a music composing expert but I'll try to help you with my feedback. Here's how I feel :
  • Drums sounds cool but feels like it's too loud.
  • The main instrument sounds odd and I feel like it's off-key
  • I guess that's still a WIP but too much is going on from 0:57 to the end and cuts abruptly
  • Tbh during the first listening I didn't like it at all and felt like it was cacophony. It took me 3 listening before realizing what was to be heard in your song. You should make more "space", your instruments play all over each other and we can't really appreciate it.

My bad if some points are unclear, English isn't my mother tongue. Hope this helps!

QuahogtheCreator

Novice
Yo,

I'm not a music composing expert but I'll try to help you with my feedback. Here's how I feel :
  • Drums sounds cool but feels like it's too loud.
  • The main instrument sounds odd and I feel like it's off-key
  • I guess that's still a WIP but too much is going on from 0:57 to the end and cuts abruptly
  • Tbh during the first listening I didn't like it at all and felt like it was cacophony. It took me 3 listening before realizing what was to be heard in your song. You should make more "space", your instruments play all over each other and we can't really appreciate it.

My bad if some points are unclear, English isn't my mother tongue. Hope this helps!
Ok i used FL Studio 21 and how do i make more space for an instruments

Payou

a French guy
I said "space" but I don't really know how to explain it. What I mean is that your instruments are overlapping too much and we can't really make out what to listen to

Mr. SU

Eternal Meanderer
It's a good arrangement. The volume mixing could still use some work though. I'm also a novice with FL Studio myself so it's hard to explain it but the horns and the strings need to be in different places in the wavelength, it's not enough to just lower the volume of one spot. I'd reccomend putting the strings in the center since they're the melody and moving the horns to either the left or right so they don't occupy the same spot. Try to put all of the instruments in different spots on the wavelength so they don't overlap with each other.

QuahogtheCreator

Novice
So i used some GBAMusRiper to rip music from the rom hacks and i just remake the Littleroot Town but isn't overlapping the instruments but i just make the route music and the petalburg city.

Attachments

Back