• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Petra Mandala

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.

PETRA MANDALA

1691661092707.png

In the worlds of the Petra Mandala, two forces are locked in an eternal struggle for power.

One side puts safety above all - even if it may come at the cost of freedom.

The other prioritises freedom, even if it may put one's safety in jeopardy.

It is up to the interloper - the one who exists despite everything - to shatter this stalemate once and for all.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

image.png
image.png

1691661077056.png
image.png

image.png
image.png

Download Link​

Made with PSDK​

Petra Mandala offers:

Roughly 3-4 hours of gameplay
A newly made recruitment system
A crafting system tailored to fit the story's setting and mechanics
A skill tree that rewards the player for playing to their chosen niche
Secrets and side-quests to breathe life into the world(s)
A branching story featuring two diametrically opposed sides
A completely grind-free experience
an ice puzzle
Allies that will support you - or rivals that'll thwart your plans - depending on your choices
And a (hopefully interesting) exploration of the human mind!

Our Team:​

Altarax (Everything)
Geoswag (Mapping, bug testing)
Karakter (Writing)
Amari (Balancing)​

PS: The game folder has a .txt file detailing the changes made to some Pokémon (evolution methods, typings).
Known bugs:
Sometimes, after you've done sliding, you will still have the running speed.
The game rarely auto-selects the maximum amount while crafting. We haven't been able to reproduce this bug.

PSDK Credits:

Graphical assets :

3gen tiles(Flurmimon):

Flurmimon
Kyle-Dove
WesleyFG
TheDeadHeroAlistar
Spriter-K
Pokémon Procyon & Deneb
TheWolfGalaxy
Gaia Project
Pokémon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire
Evolina
Advance Tileset

Reborn Tilesets (Most of the ice tiles and others):

Amethyst
Crim
Smeargletail
Pokémon Essentials
princess-phoenix

Project Heliodor Tileset (insides, marshmallow icon):

TheDeadHeroAlistair
Remy
Serg!o
FangkingOmega
Kyledove/Kymotonian

Ekat Tilesets (Citadel buildings and other decoration tiles):

Ekat
Vurtax
Heartlessdragoon
Zein
Dasani
thedeadheroalistar
Slimshady
Redblueyellow
Aveontrainer
Shyinn
Silverdeoxys563
Idilio
Zeo
Aldo
Anonaplacca
SteamyJ
Puggsoy
Dragoon
War8
The-Red-Ex
Morlockhater
Nemu
Ross Hawkins
Pokemon Dawn

Syvin Ressource Pack Tiles:

Ekat
The Wild Dead Hero
Aveontrainer
Elle
Wesley FG
Princess-Phoenix
Solo993
KingTapir
Idilio
MegaMew
Slaqueen
The-Red-Ex
Seiyou
KioRaka
Magiscarf
Anonalpacca
LunaMaddalena
Shyinn
Redblueyellow
Pokemon Rejuvenation Team
J-Treecko252
Heartlessdragoon
Vurtax
Spherical-Ice
Zein
Max Ward
Vulvoch
Hek-el-grande
Phyromatical
Pokemon Reborn Team

Chansey Statue tile:

Magiscarf
Heckelgrande
Pokemon Dawn
PrincesPhoenix
PkmnAlexandrite

Hospital Inside tileset:

vexxed
supercow
boneberry
aveontrainer

Wastelands tiles:

carchagui
RBRNNova (tent)
Ekat Tiles (trees)

Chansey Dimension tiles:

J-Treecko252 (Tents)
princess-phoenix
geoswag (tent insides)

Charsets:

Aveontrainer
Wesely
sphericalice
HighNoonMoon
MrDollSteak
Kalarie
hekigaHoge
Charlie 0301
BrendaBass

PMD Style portraits : PMDCollab

Emmuffin
baronessfaron
FunnyKecleonMeme
Garbage
NeroIntruder
ScytherGust
Tainted#3886
programmedsleepstate
Miju
ShyStarryRain
fledermaus
anon
JFain
dede6giu
Reimu\needs\$$$
minarchu
TawnySoup
Nooga
Spikey-Valentine
Blanca
Keldaan
Pink_no_tori
drawsstuff
Deleca7755
Waffluffe
Smalusion
chime
Mond
sf_okami
A_Lettuce
PikaNiko
RelicCipher
EverAsh
Audino
0palite
VGStar
C_Pariah
SuperFabbioGuy
dmDash
KCN015
oceansodaz
Fable
Murpi
Axcel
MonochromeKirby
Fearless-Quit
avalancheman
Mr_L
Emboarger
Ichor
PhillipsYoung
3P1C
cyboy_bit
Wyvernagon
Caitemis
Grimlin
XModxGodX
Chesyon
XxWindpawxX
Jeongsugi
3Monika4
Jelly
danksaders
Aviivix
gromchurch
Frostdrop1
Ddragon
Ray2064
goatlydude
LornaWR
Fire_Scyther
CamusZekeSirius
Meganai
sigma3730
LuchuIsASquirrel
NikolaP
cosmosully
Gayschlatt
distress
Atwer
LegendaryPhoenix
RacieB
Vynnyal
jackolanternjackalope
michicookies
AlexGroeger
Pepper
skygummi
lovefulpup
EeveeandVulpix2000
NeonCityRain
SingingMudkip
SilverDeoxys563
Reppamon
Deltex12
Davilos
JemDragons
RibbonDove
maskedkoopa
Leafia_Barrett
thechargingrhino
Dasawkem
Sharpen
sadoodles
LT
Darkrai
darisprites
fusionhuh#9187
Pokenoice
AikoMaiko
SirViolet
Michael12
ZoZoBab
ZacianSword
Mooncaller
Sceptile
Rudy
Azifel
VersuS/CelestialDrago
frostibirb
Palika
DasK
Noivern
MilesFarber
Dutch-Spaniard
CHUNSOFT
Tacocoa
Adrian
Robin
El_Pangoro_Parse
Prismatic
Scizivire
Pencil
Avery
PixlHoopa
Moo
Anonymous
RaoKurai
Lovi
Chi
mucrush
Akai
felis_licht
RoyalRust
Mojo
EzerArt
Emitone
Vex
Child-Of-Hades
smartini
Sunny
namu
eon
Bluetails_the_Buizel
estelstarlight
Angels-Snack
MeepTheMareep02
TaylorTrap622
JkKU (Jenrikku)
Jarleypeño
<@!755070698753359913>
smbmaster99
powercristal
motherhenna(Helen)
Kevin0itachi
nataniel-sama
Jhony-Rex
JuanmaSG
metalbear
Yari
NOLASMOR

Battlebacks:

princess-phoenix (tournament bg)
carchagui (all the others)
geoswag (recolors and adaptation of the tournament bg to psdk)

Fogs:

spritemight (smoke fogs)

Audio:

ENLS
Thundaga
KrakerwatYT
Sulucnal
FrivolousAqua

RMXP Icons (used in the skill tree ui):

Matt Firth (cheekyinkling)
Game-icons.net (Lorc, Delapouite)

image.png
image.png

Last edited:

Altarax

Novice
Someone reported me a softlock in the end of one of the paths.
I updated the download link fixing that issue.
If you've already downladed the game, please download the new version. You can still use your old save with it.

Altarax

Novice
Hey, I think it's a false positive.
I beleive it's a common issue with some of the RPG Maker XP games.

Enjoyluck

Novice
What can i say i enjoyed playing it especely part where everyting lvs up even if its not on your team ;). For ppl who speed up the game warning you can get stuck in stuff. For the rest did not have any major bugs. Some inviseble items where cool. Skill trees where amazing too tough i wish there was a bit more info on final effect like how much does stab increase and stuff. I went offensief warrior that was very broken with talonflame. Great experience.

Last edited:

Bardothren

Rookie
Finished the demo, thought it was pretty good, and I liked the recruitment system and crafting system. One thing I noticed - while almost all of my Pokémon lounging in the recruit menu were in their low 40s, Beartic was Lv62 and Delibird was Lv58, despite me not actively training them. I think those two got XP for every instance that they showed up in the recruit menus, since they were the only Pokémon on multiple pages.

Altarax

Novice
Finished the demo, thought it was pretty good, and I liked the recruitment system and crafting system. One thing I noticed - while almost all of my Pokémon lounging in the recruit menu were in their low 40s, Beartic was Lv62 and Delibird was Lv58, despite me not actively training them. I think those two got XP for every instance that they showed up in the recruit menus, since they were the only Pokémon on multiple pages.
I am glad you enjoyed it.
I will try look through that bug.

Altarax

Novice
Hey, I have updated the download link with some minor bug fixes including the XP issue reported by Bardothren.

Nandthesword

Cooltrainer
Hey! Can't say much on this game yet because the judges have to withhold our opinions, but is this trainer supposed to have a shiny or can trainers just have full odds shinies? (I will cry if this was a full odds shiny)

(This was a Pokefan above the ice puzzle after the cave area)
1693683981901.png

Geoswag

Novice
Hey! Can't say much on this game yet because the judges have to withhold our opinions, but is this trainer supposed to have a shiny or can trainers just have full odds shinies? (I will cry if this was a full odds shiny)

(This was a Pokefan above the ice puzzle after the cave area)
View attachment 20743
This trainer just always has a shiny Slowpoke!

Hey I think I encountered a softlock (I might just be dumb though, in which case I need some help to know what to do next). I am playing on version 5
In the first half of the game I joined the cops, and I just got to the hospital and I chose to try to save the pokemon. I made my way back, fought a guy at the camp, and continued to the lab, I talked to the people at the lab and they told me to go tell the doctor. It is my understanding that the doctor is further back at the temple, but when I try to go that way I get stopped and told to go to the lab, even though I've already talked to the 2 npcs there.

Thanks in advance

Okay I found out there was a way to get around the event that I thought was softlocking me and I finished the game. Here are some thoughts
My criticisms feel a bit unfair because I know it is currently an unfinished story, but honestly that's my biggest criticism. I got to the end of the demo and nothing really climax or got explained properly. The way I saw it there were three stories we got to play through in the game. The first one of the cops and their war with the gang. The second one of a world being attacked by wild pokemon and the struggle of two factions arguing over whether to work on a cure or to eradicate the pokemon. And the greater story of connected worlds, world jumping, weird glitches occurring and the player falling from the sky. And I felt like at the end of the demo, all those stories had started, but never really gone anywhere or reached any satisfying moments. So I found that a bit disappointing. It would've been nice to have a bit of a more climactic end to the demo, but I suppose that is how things are with jam games.

I like that this game did plenty of unique things and implemented unique systems. Partner healing trainers, the recruitment system, item crafting, world jumping. All pretty cool stuff, however I think some of these systems could be refined a bit. I wish the partner trainer did a bit more than just work as a healing machine, and I personally was not fond of how the healing was done. It never felt worth using it unless I had a lot saved up because 1. The uses are a finite amount for the whole game, there are only so many times you can use it 2. Crafting materials were so plentiful that I could just use them to heal instead (except when I ran out of PP) 3. There was not really any penalty for whiting out. Money wasn't a thing and the game was pretty generous with where you would go back to upon whiteout.

I did like the recruitment system, especially early on when I was still trying to work out my team. It was really cool. Later on I did kind of settle onto 6 set pokemon and stopped interacting with the system. I'm not sure what you could do to incentivise its use a bit more? I imagine the limited healing was an attempt at getting the player to swap to healthier pokemon. Maybe if it was clear that an upcoming trainer had a team built around a certain type I could try to use the recruitment system to build a team to counter it?

I think made good use of the theme of "dimensions". Having a halfway point in the game mark a switch over to another world with a completely different aesthetic and story was very cool. I also liked how you implemented the multiple factions you could choose between and the cascading effects which would follow.

All in all, a very cool game, really my biggest complaint is that it isn't complete😂

oh btw a small bug: the candies that you craft that say they can heal HP go to the wrong pocket and are actually completely unusable.

Back