• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Multitype UI

Resource Multitype UI 1.3

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
Rot8er_ConeX submitted a new resource:

Multitype UI - For games that want to have Pokémon of more than two types.

Since version 19-ish of Pokémon Essentials, the engine has been able to natively handle Pokémon that have more than two types - in battle, everything works properly. But, the UI was only ever coded for dual-type Pokémon, and this has never changed because it's never really needed to.

However, for fangames that wish to do so, I've made changes to the UI to let it work. The code produces nice-looking arrangements for up to eight-typed Pokémon, and not-so-nice-looking arrangements for up to...

Read more about this resource...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Another great resource! Would it be possible to include capability for BW summery page?

kingdomharms

Novice
Great for summary pages but looks like it also affects the battle UI for move typings.

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
Rot8er_ConeX updated Multitype UI with a new update entry:

More compatibility

• updates to include compatibility with Gen 5 and Emerald Summary Screens (the Gen 5 summary isn't officially updated to v21.1, but this plugin includes the single update you need to do to make it work - the summary balls' location changing from Graphics/Pictures/Summary/ to Graphics/UI/Summary/)
  • Changes to the layouts of type arrays with more than 8 types for the previously...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice

Enhanced UI compatibility

Now that Lucidious89 has dumped the v21.1 versions of their plugins, I can now make my plugins compatible. This particular plugin made the following changes:
  • For compatibility with the Enhanced Battle UI, there is changes to how that plugin displays Pokémon with more than three types during battle.
  • For compatibility with the Terastallization plugin, the...

Eaglit

Novice
The type icon doesn't show up for 3 typed pokemon and the Tera type icon shows up behind the sprite, except inside battles using the improved battle UI
is that how it's supposed to be or am I missing something?

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
The type icon doesn't show up for 3 typed pokemon and the Tera type icon shows up behind the sprite, except inside battles using the improved battle UI
is that how it's supposed to be or am I missing something?
Can you please show screenshots of what exactly you mean for the second problem?

Eaglit

Novice
Screenshot 2024-02-04 190105.png
This pokemon is defined to have three types but here,in the party menu, and in the summary screen it shows nothing.
all my plugins installed are to the side

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan
View attachment 25761This pokemon is defined to have three types but here,in the party menu, and in the summary screen it shows nothing.
You have to keep in mind that you are using outdated plugins, they will replace the Functional Essentials Scripts with methods that no longer exist and cause errors in future versions. Don't you think they're interfering? For me it's all normal in a vanilla version of Essentials

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
View attachment 25761This pokemon is defined to have three types but here,in the party menu, and in the summary screen it shows nothing.
After downloading each plugin listed there one at a time, and checking the Pokedex each time, I cannot replicate your issue. I also still do not understand what you could mean about Tera Types being behind the sprite "except inside battles".

I did, however, learn that as soon as the Multitype UI and the Modular Pokedex interacted, the main battler sprite disappeared from the Info page of the Pokedex. I have fixed that with a single line of code, which is already up on the download of this plugin.

Eaglit

Novice
After downloading each plugin listed there one at a time, and checking the Pokedex each time, I cannot replicate your issue. I also still do not understand what you could mean about Tera Types being behind the sprite "except inside battles".

I did, however, learn that as soon as the Multitype UI and the Modular Pokedex interacted, the main battler sprite disappeared from the Info page of the Pokedex. I have fixed that with a single line of code, which is already up on the download of this plugin.
Must be one of my installed plugins issues and by inside battles I meant the the enhanced pokemon UI plugin but thanks for fixing the pokedex issue!

Orange Boi

The Orangest of all Bois!
Hello! I downloaded the newest version of this plugin after installing Terastalization, but it appears that the new graphics don't include the Stellar type.

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice

Minor fixes

• Line of code added to the Pokédex code so that if you have the Modular Pokédex UI plugin installed, my plugin doesn't cause your Pokémon's sprite to disappear from the Info page
  • Actually adding the Stellar type icon to the graphics like I claimed I had done in the previous update. Even included a few alternate choices for Pokédex-specific type graphics, for game developers who would prefer all type icons be single-colored.

Monster Plays

Novice
Hey, so I’m working on a trio type Pokémon, but no matter what I do, I can’t get the types to show, it just shows as blank, and it’s showing the original type images for the other Pokémon in the team

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
Hey, so I’m working on a trio type Pokémon, but no matter what I do, I can’t get the types to show, it just shows as blank, and it’s showing the original type images for the other Pokémon in the team
You're the second person to report this bug, but I cannot myself replicate it. What other plugins do you have installed?

Back