• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Pokemon Contests and Pokeblocks [Beta]

Resource Pokemon Contests and Pokeblocks [Beta] 0.7.1

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
wrigty12 updated Pokemon Contests and Pokeblocks [Beta] with a new update entry:

Beta v0.2

BEFORE UPDATING ANY FILES: If you have made any edits to files related to this plugin, including movex_contest.txt in PBS or the Settings for the plugin, make sure to make a backup of those files before updating the plugin. If you copy over files to update, it will overwrite your changes.

Change Log:
-Made changes to Move Functions to be more accurate with released games. Along with this, I edited a couple default move Appeal values in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Mr.Heathcliff

Ace Trainer
This plugin is amazing! I've tested the pokeblock part with 43 other plugins and the only incompatibility i found was with the Auto Multi Save plugin, by http404error. I haven't tested the Contest part yet.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
This plugin is amazing! I've tested the pokeblock part with 43 other plugins and the only incompatibility i found was with the Auto Multi Save plugin, by http404error. I haven't tested the Contest part yet.
Do you have a specific error or something that goes wrong? I've never used that plugin so knowing what's incompatible would be useful.

Eurritimia

Novice
found two bugs:
  • at the end of contest, the bars are in the wrong place
  • on DEFAULT_PKMN_TOUGH, there's a typo (:WAIMER instead of :WAILMER)

Mr.Heathcliff

Ace Trainer
Do you have a specific error or something that goes wrong? I've never used that plugin so knowing what's incompatible would be useful.
I'm sorry, I just retested it and it worked. I just had to start a new game. My bad.
So, yeah, it's compatible with many other plugins. I also tested the contest part and it also works with these plugins, good work!

Last edited:

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
found two bugs:
  • at the end of contest, the bars are in the wrong place
  • on DEFAULT_PKMN_TOUGH, there's a typo (:WAIMER instead of :WAILMER)
Can you give me more information about what you mean by the bars, and what was wrong with them? A screenshot would be very helpful

I'll fix the typo

Eurritimia

Novice
Can you give me more information about what you mean by the bars, and what was wrong with them? A screenshot would be very helpful

I'll fix the typo
contest bug.png

Here's how the bars look after a contest, they're not aligned.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
View attachment 20217
Here's how the bars look after a contest, they're not aligned.
Interesting. I've tested that screen so many times, including after you reporting this, and I still never see that happen.

Have you changed any settings? Which contest are you running (is it using defined trainers or completely random Pokemon)? Are the Pokemon getting hearts from the audience when doing the Intro round of the contest? What other plugins do you have installed?

EDIT: I found some core issues with how the Intro Round is being calculated, and I have a feeling that's what's causing your issue (something with negative hearts being saved). Please update to the next update I'm about to release and see if it fixes your issue!

Last edited:

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
wrigty12 updated Pokemon Contests and Pokeblocks [Beta] with a new update entry:

Update 0.3 - Bug Fixes

BEFORE UPDATING ANY FILES: If you have made any edits to files related to this plugin, including movex_contest.txt in PBS or the Settings for the plugin, make sure to make a backup of those files before updating the plugin. If you copy over files to update, it will overwrite your changes.

Found a number of new bugs when checking out issues others have been posting. Also finally figured out some issues I've been facing with the animations stuff, so now...

Eurritimia

Novice
Yes, that update fixed the bars, now they're working properly!

One thing that I'm missing from this plugin is to save the contest result into a variable, just like a battle. I noticed the pbShowLastContestWinner kinda does what I want, but I don't wanna show an image, just wanna store into a variable so I can check it with stuff later.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Yes, that update fixed the bars, now they're working properly!

One thing that I'm missing from this plugin is to save the contest result into a variable, just like a battle. I noticed the pbShowLastContestWinner kinda does what I want, but I don't wanna show an image, just wanna store into a variable so I can check it with stuff later.
Easy thing to add! I'll add it for the next version

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid

Update 0.4 - Mega Evolution, Stats, and Bug Fixes

Change Log:
  • Added new function that returns the last contest winner in an array version (doesn't show sprite): pbGetLastContestWinner
  • Added...

Eurritimia

Novice
Tested a little more and found some bugs:

The D button to show contest moves doesn't work with the Move Relearner.

When a pokemon uses a move that makes everyone nervous and it's the first one, the message "It tried do unnerve the Pokémon waiting for the turns!" appears three times (twice if the pokemon using the move is the second position)

I don't think the pbGainPokeblock is working? I tried pbGainPokeblock(pbCreatePokeblock(:Red,[5,0,0,0,0],false,5)) and it returns an error. The pbCreatePokeblock alone works fine.
Code:
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 25 (coords 20,5), map 48 (Contest Hall)
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `color' for [#<Pokeblock>, [...]]:Array

***Full script:
pbGainPokeblock(pbCreatePokeblock(:Red,[5,0,0,0,0],false,5))
pbSetEventTime

Backtrace:
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 005_Pokeblock_Data.rb:45:in `block in sortPokeblocks'
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 005_Pokeblock_Data.rb:45:in `each'
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 005_Pokeblock_Data.rb:45:in `sort_by'
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 005_Pokeblock_Data.rb:45:in `sort_by!'
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 005_Pokeblock_Data.rb:45:in `sortPokeblocks'
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 005_Pokeblock_Data.rb:37:in `gainPokeblock'
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 007_Pokeblock_Items_and_Commands.rb:41:in `pbGainPokeblock'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
Interpreter:143:in `eval'
Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'

When using specifically the Lite Blue pokeblock the game crashes:
Code:
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Message: File Graphics/Pictures/Pokeblock/Blocks/LiteBlue not found.

Backtrace:
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 003_Pokeblock_Scenes.rb:908:in `initialize'
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 003_Pokeblock_Scenes.rb:908:in `new'
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 003_Pokeblock_Scenes.rb:908:in `create_sprite'
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 003_Pokeblock_Scenes.rb:813:in `pbStartScene'
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 003_Pokeblock_Scenes.rb:924:in `pbStartScreen'
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 003_Pokeblock_Scenes.rb:750:in `block (2 levels) in pbStartScreen'
MessageConfig:570:in `pbFadeOutIn'
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 003_Pokeblock_Scenes.rb:747:in `block in pbStartScreen'
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 003_Pokeblock_Scenes.rb:735:in `loop'
[Pokeblocks v20.1] 003_Pokeblock_Scenes.rb:735:in `pbStartScreen'
I think it's because the file is called Lite Blue.png with space in the Pokeblock folder.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid

Update 0.5 - BW Summary Support, Bug Fixes

Change Log:

QuahogtheCreator

Novice
Q: Does the Pokeblocks play an huge role in safari zone or i will edit the safari zone myself if you don't think if wasn't in the essentials resources
Screenshot 2023-08-21 125411.png

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Q: Does the Pokeblocks play an huge role in safari zone or i will edit the safari zone myself if you don't think if wasn't in the essentials resourcesView attachment 20392
I totally forgot about Pokeblocks being used in Gen 3's Safari Zone. Right now they don't interact with it, but I feel like that's something I can look into supporting with my stuff!

Eurritimia

Novice
Is there a way to make a trainer with shiny pokemon? I wanted to make a special trainer who uses a shiny pokemon but can't find anything on ContestTrainer.register that would allow me to do this

From the contest itself the only thing missing is the <o> thing blinking when a pokemon makes a move that can be combined (just like at the 14:30 point at this video):

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Is there a way to make a trainer with shiny pokemon? I wanted to make a special trainer who uses a shiny pokemon but can't find anything on ContestTrainer.register that would allow me to do this

From the contest itself the only thing missing is the <o> thing blinking when a pokemon makes a move that can be combined (just like at the 14:30 point at this video):

Yeah, the shiny thing should be easy to add!

In all the years/times I've looked at Gen 3 Pokemon Contests, I have never noticed that that icon blinked when the Pokemon had the Judge's attention...
I could add that, but I feel like that's too subtle. I'll add some sort of indicator on the Pokemon's panel though.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid

Update 0.6 - Small set of additional features

Change Log:
  • Added an option to mark a contest trainer's pokemon Shiny.
  • Added an option to set a contest trainer's pokemon Form.
  • When a...

Back