• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Elite Battle DX (EBDX) - Unofficial port for Pokémon Essentials 20.1 1.4.5

Manurocker95

Predoctoral Researcher & Game Dev
Manurocker95 submitted a new resource:

Elite Battle DX (EBDX) - Unnofficial port for Pokémon Essentials 20.1 - Unofficial port of Elite Battle DX (EBDX) for Pokémon Essentials 20.1

It is commonly known that Elite Battle DX, aka EBDX, the battle system originally made by Luka SJ never got an update for Pokémon Essentials 20 nor 20.1, making people to stay at 19.1 in order to use it. A colleague wanted to use it on 20.1 so I decided to make an unnofficial port for that version. Take into account that this port is NOT meant to replace at all the official releases. In fact, if an official version for v20.1 ever comes to the community, this port won't make any...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

NoNoNever

Dev from Pokémon Illusion, Pokémon Bloody Moon
Thanks for the great port, I just have a quick question, is it of interest to get the built in nuzlock mode working, the nuzlock mode doesn't show any error message however the rules don't work (e.g. only catch 1 Pokémon per route or the Pokémon is dead after it is defeated)

Greets

Manurocker95

Thanks for the great port, I just have a quick question, is it of interest to get the built in nuzlock mode working, the nuzlock mode doesn't show any error message however the rules don't work (e.g. only catch 1 Pokémon per route or the Pokémon is dead after it is defeated)

Greets
I haven’t touched the functionality, so if it’s not working you either need to setup something else that you are missing or it’s a bug from v19. Did it work for you on v19?

GrimLach

Rookie
Thank you for this port! I got it to work almost perfectly, but there is one thing that for some reason stopped working. Whenever the trainer encounter intro plays before a battle, after you win the battle, it continues playing until I leave the map. I'm not sure if this is a common issue for others, but I was hoping maybe someone knows how to fix this?

Manurocker95

Thank you for this port! I got it to work almost perfectly, but there is one thing that for some reason stopped working. Whenever the trainer encounter intro plays before a battle, after you win the battle, it continues playing until I leave the map. I'm not sure if this is a common issue for others, but I was hoping maybe someone knows how to fix this?
I’ll take a look and update my repo when fixed :)

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
Thanks for the port!
Trying out ebdx for the first time.
Encountered a crash when setting catch rate to -1 to make a pokemon uncatachable
Traced it to here:
BallHandlers.onFailCatch(ball, self, battler)
I'm using v20.1 and I changed that line to
Battle::PokeBallEffects.onFailCatch(ball, self, battler)
That fixed the crash

Idk if BallHandlers was changed to Battle::PokeBallEffects or what, but it might be worth looking into checking where else in the plugin BallHandlers is used to see if it needs to be changed to Battle::PokeBallEffects

http404error

Discord: http404error#4585
I think this should fix it. Add these four lines to the file shown (see its path at the top of the image):

1692685460652.png

This is just copied directly from v20 code. The reason for the issue seems to be that trainer intro music became BGM instead of ME from v19 to v20 so it requires this extra layer to forward the area music through to the battle so it resumes after.

SethLikesCombusken

Novice
When trying to use my own move animations from the Essentials editor this happens and none of my graphics are used. I'm using these animations: Gen 8 move animation project [DISCONTINUED]
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 081:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/MODTS/logo2
WARN: Image located at 'Graphics/MODTS/logo2' was not found!
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 081:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Animations/Moves/eb156_9
WARN: Image located at 'Graphics/EBDX/Animations/Moves/eb156_9' was not found!
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 081:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Animations/Moves/eb156_10
WARN: Image located at 'Graphics/EBDX/Animations/Moves/eb156_10' was not found!
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 081:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Animations/Moves/eb642
WARN: Image located at 'Graphics/EBDX/Animations/Moves/eb642' was not found!
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 081:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Animations/Moves/eb642
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 081:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Animations/Moves/eb642_2
WARN: Image located at 'Graphics/EBDX/Animations/Moves/eb642_2' was not found!
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 081:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Animations/Moves/eb244_12
WARN: Image located at 'Graphics/EBDX/Animations/Moves/eb244_12' was not found!
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 081:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Animations/Moves/eb642_2
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 081:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Animations/Moves/eb244_12

Manurocker95

Back