• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Automatic Backup System

Resource Automatic Backup System v1.0

Marin submitted a new resource:

Automatic Backup System - Once a day, this script will make a backup of everything you tell it to (PBS, Maps, and/or Scripts)

My computer crashed two hours ago. Luckily, nothing got corrupt (which can happen when you have RPG Maker open when shutting off your PC!), but it got me thinking. I don't have any backups, and I'm too lazy/forgetful to make them myself.

So that's why I made this script. Once a day, it will make a backup with everything you tell it to. I will likely add more options to this later.

You can currently have it maps, scripts, and PBS backed up. It backs up whenever it detects the last backup...

Read more about this resource...

Marin updated Automatic Backup System with a new update entry:

Update v1.1

Updated to v1.1:
  • More backup options: Graphics/Pictures, Graphics/Autotiles, Graphics/Tilesets, Audio/BGM, Audio/BGS, Audio/ME, Audio/SE, Graphics/Icons (And still the normal Maps, Scripts, and PBS)
  • You can manually choose a folder to make the backups in (can be relative to the game project or a full path (e.g. "Backups" or "C:/Users/....../Desktop/Backups)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
This isn't a bad idea, but if you're going to go this far wouldn't it be more effective to just use conventional source control like Git or something?

(I speak as someone who never actually learned how to use source control himself)

This isn't a bad idea, but if you're going to go this far wouldn't it be more effective to just use conventional source control like Git or something?

(I speak as someone who never actually learned how to use source control himself)

I will agree that things like Git are much better solutions, but for someone who'd just like backups to be made every once in a while, just in case something bad happens, I'd say this is easier to work with and setup than Git. I myself just wanted something quick that I could switch back to, should something corrupt.

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
I didn't try it yet but thanks for making something like this ... I'll consider using this script in the future

Back