• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Pokémon Fan Games - mini review

Kelm

Kelm
Hello everyone I'm definitely new to the whole forum post thing but just wanted to give so quick recognition to the games that I enjoyed playing so far that were fan made and some of them coming off this website alone.
  • 1st being Pokemon Taiseiyo which was the first game i played off of this website and just a great short game with a good selection of mons. This to me was like how i would want to introduce something like anime to someone. Not to long but still fun and you don't feel overwhelmed playing it.
  • 2nd being Pokemon Pandora. Again short game but goes right to the point and is fun to play.
  • 3rd Pokemon Eon Guardians. This game kinda set a standard for me with fan games. i have not finished the game yet but how well the devs have been since day 1 with fixing bugs and working with everyone to make everything perfect. Just this support alone won me from the start not to mention how nice the gameplay has been so far. Love the fact that its based off of some legendaries that I feel like deserve some more love.
  • 4th and last is Pokemon Pathways. I just started this game but made my first video on it today but the fact every decision matters. Then you got some fable aspect with decision making whether its good or evil. I really like this. also the fact it threw some mystery dungeon vibes with picking your starter based off of answers you give.
So these are games I have got to play since being introduce to this website. Any other recommendations please feel free to drop them here! :D

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
1. Insurgence: you know, the basic. Kinda the gold standard of a pokemon fan game, it has a very good story and very good regional forms, difficulty you can chose from along with other modeslike nuzlocke and randomizer.
2. Uranium: Annother classic, it is technically finished, only the post game that is un done before they got striked down. Still it is very good story wise. Their fakemon tho, imo is not that good. some are clear stand outs but some are lack luster. And the fact that you actually need to do trading to evolve mons but the server is down so you might never get to actually use a portions of the mons.
3. Spork: I would say this is more focus on the pokemon catching than story telling. Bt despite that, it still has a large cast of interesting characters that all tied togeether.
4. Xenover (not the dragon ball one tho): For me its a master piece. The new gold standard of fan game if you will. Very interesting story, good amount of fake mon, megas and regional forms to chose from. If you are going to only pcik one from my list, this is the one you should pick.
5. Infinity: I would say it is the same with insurgence in term of quality. Great new fakemons, regional variants, character and story.
6. Fire Ash: Its basically a shortened and condense version of ash story line in the anime that you can play. It is technically complete since ash has wrap up his time in the anime but the game will stil recive many more updates. 8 regions, pokemon from gen 1-8 including hisuians. My personal favorite.

Btw this is not a ranking in anyway, i just listed them of in order i remember them in.

Kelm

Kelm
1. Insurgence: you know, the basic. Kinda the gold standard of a pokemon fan game, it has a very good story and very good regional forms, difficulty you can chose from along with other modeslike nuzlocke and randomizer.
2. Uranium: Annother classic, it is technically finished, only the post game that is un done before they got striked down. Still it is very good story wise. Their fakemon tho, imo is not that good. some are clear stand outs but some are lack luster. And the fact that you actually need to do trading to evolve mons but the server is down so you might never get to actually use a portions of the mons.
3. Spork: I would say this is more focus on the pokemon catching than story telling. Bt despite that, it still has a large cast of interesting characters that all tied togeether.
4. Xenover (not the dragon ball one tho): For me its a master piece. The new gold standard of fan game if you will. Very interesting story, good amount of fake mon, megas and regional forms to chose from. If you are going to only pcik one from my list, this is the one you should pick.
5. Infinity: I would say it is the same with insurgence in term of quality. Great new fakemons, regional variants, character and story.
6. Fire Ash: Its basically a shortened and condense version of ash story line in the anime that you can play. It is technically complete since ash has wrap up his time in the anime but the game will stil recive many more updates. 8 regions, pokemon from gen 1-8 including hisuians. My personal favorite.

Btw this is not a ranking in anyway, i just listed them of in order i remember them in.
thanks for this! i always like playing new games and ones that others enjoy!

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
  1. Splice: My current favourite. Instead of Gym story, it is about mechanical science vs biologically science where you can choose a team and story (and places) change. Very good Fakemon/regionals. The original team left and the game ends in the middle
  2. Uranium: A standard game, with nice twists on nuclear pokémon. Good or very good in everything. Has only small issues like trade evolution.
  3. Raptor EX: Very good, but a little dated (it was from 2010).
  4. Red's Journey West: A story-driven game. Very good story, nice remixes and ok in other aspects.
  5. The First Journey: A story-driven game. Awesome story, nice remixes and ok/bad in other aspects.

Kelm

Kelm
  1. Splice: My current favourite. Instead of Gym story, it is about mechanical science vs biologically science where you can choose a team and story (and places) change. Very good Fakemon/regionals. The original team left and the game ends in the middle
  2. Uranium: A standard game, with nice twists on nuclear pokémon. Good or very good in everything. Has only small issues like trade evolution.
  3. Raptor EX: Very good, but a little dated (it was from 2010).
  4. Red's Journey West: A story-driven game. Very good story, nice remixes and ok in other aspects.
  5. The First Journey: A story-driven game. Awesome story, nice remixes and ok/bad in other aspects.
oooooo alot of these I've never heard before! This is great!

Kelm

Kelm
Pokemon Taiseiyo was also the first game I played on this site.
i feel like that game is a good one to start out with to introduce you to this site. Its not intimidating our far as length and its not to short. Fun little game!

Back