• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Friend Safari

Resource Friend Safari 1.0.11

LinKazamine

Champion
LinKazamine submitted a new resource:

Friend Safari - For those that liked the idea of a safari changing depending on their friends

Compatibility
This plugin works for Pokemon Essentials 20.1. It may also work for Pokemon Essentials 21.

While I would want this script to give as much functionality of the Friend Safari of X and Y as possible, that's not possible for me at the moment. I will update the plugin if I manage to add more functionality but for now, I have the whole register friends to access different safaris work for both NPC and other players. You would still need to make the events to transport the...

Read more about this resource...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Sorry I am a bit lost as I mainly am in favor for gens 1-5. What is friend safari?

LinKazamine

Champion
Yes. And the pokemon of the type that appeared on the safari also depended on the friend selected. Even when 2 people shared the type of safari, the pokemon that would appear for one and the other would be different.

LinKazamine

Champion
LinKazamine updated Friend Safari with a new update entry:

• Added pages to the show safari types screen.
  • Added the show safari types screen for players.
  • Added a way to display the pokémon of each NPC and players' safari.
  • Added code for a PC for the safari.
  • Added code to update the NPC's names if they have different names in different languages.
  • Added the option to use flags instead of types as a way to choose the pokémon for the safari.
  • Fixed a typo in the message when a file with the player's info was created.

Read the rest of this update entry...

ImZero

Just a Number
Honestly this plugin sounds super promising! Do you happen to have any screenshots of it in action? Noticed there wasn't any displayed and wanted to see what it looks like before pulling the trigger.

LinKazamine

Champion
Screenshots of what part exactly? There are already screenshots of the screen with the list of types registered as well as how to select which safari you want to retrieve data from. As for the rest, are more of invisible parts of the script except maybe the PC, but it works like the PC already in the vanilla Essentials for the most part.

LinKazamine

Champion

• Fixed the show safari types screen for the arrows to work and to display the key help only when there's more than one page.
  • Added a function that allows overwriting banned pokémon when loading other players' files. You can activate this function on the configuration file.
  • Fixed the code for the IV. Now the perfect IV should be picked randomly, instead of in order.

LinKazamine

Champion

Added example map

Added the data for an example map in the download link.

To add it, create a new map on your project, save it and copy the example map provided with the name of the map you just created. Open again your project and the map should have been changed to a map with example events to make a Friend Safari.

Hope that makes up for the lack of images showing the plugin's functionality.

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
I do not think this works for v21. Here is an error log of me trying to access the example map.

[Pokémon Essentials version 21]
[v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Event's graphic is an out-of-range tile (event 5, map 33)

Backtrace:
Game_Character:330:in `rescue in screen_z'
Game_Character:327:in `screen_z'
Sprite_Character:176:in `update'
Sprite_DynamicShadows:157:in `update'
Sprite_Character:76:in `initialize'
Sprite_DynamicShadows:129:in `initialize'
Spriteset_Map:61:in `new'
Spriteset_Map:61:in `block in initialize'
Spriteset_Map:60:in `each'
Spriteset_Map:60:in `initialize'

LinKazamine

Champion
Mmm... thing is, the event the error mentions doesn't have anything to do with my plugin. Is one of the events I used to simulate a door so the player couldn't pass unless a safari was chosen. It only has two pages and both are empty. One only has a graphic and the other only has a variable condition. Try deleting both of them (events 5 and 6) or change their image to an actual door or a person or something and see if you can get into the map.

I'll try to fix it and change the file in the download in the meantime.

LinKazamine

Champion

• Changed the code for reading a player's safari data so the keywords it detects can be changed to match the language like when the file is created.
  • Added a visual page count on the show safari types screen. It can be activated on the configuration file.

WARNING: The plugin can't read the text properly if there are accents or other symbols so do not add them when translating the arrays and the keywords of the reading plugin or the process will fail.

Back