• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon WaterRed Version!

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Once upon a time I thought to myself... People like playing through Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen. People also like playing around with either Fakemon or Delta/Alolan/Alternate forms of familiar Pokemon.

Thus, Pokemon WaterRed came to be. A version of FireRed (the story is, due to my relative inexperience with Romhacking for the most part unchanged.) where just about every Pokemon one runs into has been changed to a different form, and if that is not the case it likely will evolve into such a Pokemon.

Game type: ROMHack (Pokemon FireRed (U) (V1.1) )
Features:
  • Around 200 Pokemon in new alternate forms. These range from simple palette swaps for some, to huge changes on others. This number will keep on growing as ideas spout into my mind.
  • New moves, such as Firebreath, Freeze Ray, Magmarock, Iron Slam and more.
  • Certain moves, which in the original FR/LG are awful, have been buffed or changed. Examples include damage-dealing Electric-type Flash, Giga Drain at it's later-generation stats, Steel-type Cut and more.
  • New Evolution stones in place of previously useless items. (Seeing as one cannot trade Pokemon in this game, and Porygon's type has been changed, there is no need for an Up-Grade to be in the game as an example.) All evo stones, old and new are available in the Celadon department store.
  • While fully playable due to essentially being FireRed version, not all trainer's teams and wild encounters are finalized.
Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rIweWO3yWRStHMM0aL6lUacM1oeRQVMU
Note that the version here gets updated after any major work is done on the game.

• Fakemon, Sprites, Pokedex entries, and all other edits by theevilslime
  • testing and additional Fakemon ideas by Shiny Breloom (pretty sure this is the only link of any form I have to him: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4rw70YnFJFNUlN1kVcWMBQ), Duo and Dux_n_Geese - One of them is in the game, and ready for a fight if you find them!
  • Tools used: YAPE, Nameless Sprite Editor, AdvanceMap, Pokemon Game Editor, A-Trainer, A-Mart, OverworldE-RE, Complete Item Editor
P7ykyttIT_2r5lzF9pR3Iw.png
EXbY8zDGTMGVSQGEmCRNrA.png
P1AW36W6T7mZWAeU-dMlLA.png
L88UhmoDRGWdG-VGictGxg.png
xiX_RkmfTE_dzzgjSEVLdA.png
5_rVJNs-StiL9cZI88MIwg.png
Unless specified, a Pokemon evolves at the same level as it's non-edited form, so for example with the starters, this would be 16 and then 32/36.
  • Psykachu -Moon Stone-> Mindchu
  • Weedorina -Leaf Stone-> Weedoqueen
  • Weedorino -Leaf Stone-> Weedoking
  • Clefiery -Fire Stone-> Cleflame
  • Windpix -Cloud Stone-> Ninegales
  • Sicklypuff -Toxin Stone-> Plaguetuff
  • Golbolt -Toxin Stone-> Crobolt
  • Fyoom -Fire Stone-> Weedfume
  • Fyoom -Leaf Stone-> Bellossom
  • Nimblett -Cloud Stone-> Cloutrio
  • Growlice -Frost Stone-> Arctinine
  • Poisowhirl -Toxin Stone-> Poisowrath
  • Poisowhirl -Water Stone-> Poisotoed
  • Karachna -Swarm Stone-> Arachnazam
  • Mudchoke -Quake Stone-> Mudchamp
  • Weepinbolt -Thunderstone-> Voltrybolt
  • Glacierer -Frost Stone-> Snowlem
  • Snowpoke -Frost Stone-> Snowking
  • Cragneton -Moon Stone-> Cragnezone
  • Shellder -Water Stone-> Clayster
  • Haunterra -Moon Stone-> Gemgar
  • Onice -Frost Stone-> Steelice
  • Chargey -Thunderstone-> Boltsey
  • Skydra -Water Stone-> Wingdra
  • Staryu -Thunderstone-> Stormie
  • Psyther -Swarm Stone-> Psyzor
  • Elekid -Thunderstone-> Electafros
  • Cragby -Quake Stone-> Cragmar
  • Eevee -Toxin Stone-> Toxeon
  • Eevee -Fist Stone-> Brawleon
  • Eevee -Cloud Stone-> Nimbeon
  • Eevee -Moon Stone-> Spectreon
  • Eevee -Quake Stone-> Mineraleon
  • Burnygon -Fire Stone-> Burnygon2 -Draco Stone-> Burnygon-Z
  • Moonkern -Moon Stone-> Moonflora
  • Misembrius -Fire Stone-> Misflamius
  • Beebas -Swarm Stone-> Flylotic
  • Vibrawla -Fist Stone-> Fistigon
  • Snowelia -Leaf Stone-> Frozerade
  • Lairagon -Draco Stone-> Draggron
  • Vampolu -Moon Stone-> Draculario
  • Starlia -Moon Stone-> Galaxade
  • Shelcoon -Swarm Stone-> Salamoth
  • Nuclombre -Toxin Stone-> Nucleolo
  • Solrock -Moon Stone-> Eclipstone
  • Lunatone -Sun Stone-> Eclipstone
  • Smellum -Toxin Stone-> Stynx
  • Skitty -Draco Stone-> Dracatty
  • And there may be something else you can do with Solrock/Lunatone...
  • Clamperl -Water Stone-> Huntail
  • Clamperl -Moon Stone-> Gorebyss (These last two are for those doing a randomizer nuzlocke that decide to catch these - Clamperl is normally not available in the game.)
If you wish to do a nuzlocke of this game, you have 2 major options:
  • A regular nuzlocke. Standard 3 rules apply.
  • A randomizer nuzlocke. The game works, for the most part (for example, static pokemon can't be randomized) with the Universal Randomizer. I reccommend only randomizing the wild Pokemon, Starters, held items and field items - other things have occasionally messed up the resulting random ROM. Use the standard 3 nuzlocke rules as well as the next clause:
  • Unchanged clause: If your first encounter would be an unedited Pokemon, you may reroll the encounter for the area until you find one. List of Pokemon that are exceptions to this clause can be found in the next Spoiler.
  • This may also place a Duck and a Goose that exist as a tribute to one of my testers into the wild. They have a catch rate of 0, so don't waste your time and re-encounter.
Eevee, Slugma, Elekid, Poochyena, Shellder, Wurmple (also includes Silcoon and Cascoon), Exeggcute, Cubone, Tyrogue, Staryu, Igglybuff, Phanpy, Skitty, Solrock & Lunatone.

-Fire no longer resits Ice, as it was in Gen 1.
-Ice now resits Water, Grass, and Dragon
-Rock now resits Electric and itself
-Steel no longer resits Ghost and Dark, as Gen 6 made it.

-moved up to demo. Enjoy.
-Evolution stones fixed.
-New Pokemon, such as Scaryos & Geistrodon, Vampolu & Draculario and more.
-NPC team edits.
-A couple of new Pokemon added (One of them is only available as a 1% encounter in Viridian Forest... good luck.
-More NPC team edits.
-Once more, some new Pokemon and NPC edits.
-Decided it's time to move this up to completed.
-New Pokemon
-NPC team edits
-Added some wild encounters
-About 15-20 new Pokemon
-NPC edits
-Wild encounters added to certain areas
-Type chart edits! (if you have not yet checked those, they are above.)
Once you obtain a Pokemon with Waterfall (and preferably also defeat the Champion, though that isn't necessary), meet me on Route 3 for a battle! (The HM for Waterfall is in Icefall Cave on Four Island for those that don't remember, and certain Water-Types will learn Waterfall naturally when they are of appropriate level for this duel.)

Last edited:

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
Go ahead, feel free to do so!
I'd be especially happy if you left a link to this in the description of the series, or course, but yeah, feel free to make a series out of this!

Thank you so much, your evil slimeness! I am going to start my let's play on Wednesday and I will drop you a link to the game as well. I am so looking forward to running your game on my channel!

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
Hi, as promised here is a link to my Pokemon WaterRed Let's Play where I (badly) play your wonderful game. I am really enjoying myself! I plan to upload videos every day or second day, depending on my crazy schedule... Here's the link: Pokemon WaterRed Episode 1

LnrLgd

Rookie
Hey there, so I'm really looking forward to playing this, but for some reason after patching all that happens when i open it up is it goes to a white screen and never actually loads the game. Any suggestions?

Creeperchu

Rookie
What are the items that were replaced by the new ones like Toxin, Cloud, Frost and Draco Stones?

Blendd

Rookie
Ok, the change from Ekans to Nogard was pretty nice, but the evolution screwed the pooch. Wyvern backwards is Nrevyw, not Vywern

The entire gimmick of Ekans and its evolutions is that it's names are spelled backwards, and while you did that with the first one, you only half-assed it with the second evo.

Yurei07

Novice
i downloaded from the link but there isnt a game am i doing something wrong this game sounds amazing and i really want to try it out?

Yurei07

Novice
This is a ROM hack. Since direct links to ROMs aren't allowed, you have to download a FireRed ROM from elsewhere and then apply the patch, which is the file you downloaded.
Ohhh okay I've been looking for a fire red ROM but I can't find one do you know or have a link?

NGumby90

Novice
I know it seems like it's been a while since anyone's been on this thread, but hopefully, I can get some help on a couple of things:

1. Where can I find the cyndaquil of this game?
2. Do the baby Pokemon like cleffa, igglybuff, and togepi still evolve through happiness?

Just curious really, but I appreciate anyone who could help me with this.

Back