• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Multiple Exp Panel! (v20 + 21)

Resource Multiple Exp Panel! (v20 + 21) 2023-07-21

Swdfm

Game Developer
Swdfm submitted a new resource:

Multiple Exp Panel! (v20 + 21) - Shows panel of whole party gaining experience

Hello! I'm back with another script! Introducing

Multiple Exp Panel!

View attachment 19260

You know in the newer games, when your party get experience all at once, a nice little pop up graphic shows up, and it shows the bars filling up, and the level going ping, and all that fancy stuff?
In Base Essentials, we don't have that, and have to settle for "The rest of your team gained exp." or something like that!
Well, no more, as here are the scripts for...​

Read more about this resource...

Zed_Coeur

Rookie
Omg THANK YOU I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THIS FOR SO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Massive appreciations to you absolutely!!!!!!

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Bug: You have "pbHasExpAll?" in Battle line 10, and that function doesn't exist so it's throwing errors. Base essentials uses $bag.has?(:EXPALL) in that spot, so that's likely what you need to be using.

Also while I feel like this is a good start, this needs some more polish to make it really shine. For instance, the numbers overlapping the pokemon sprites doesn't look great

I'd also love to see more explanation about how to customize the CO_ORDINATES of the bars. If you have the option set in Settings, you should explain how someone could edit it if they choose to do so.

Swdfm

Game Developer
Bug: You have "pbHasExpAll?" in Battle line 10, and that function doesn't exist so it's throwing errors. Base essentials uses $bag.has?(:EXPALL) in that spot, so that's likely what you need to be using.

Also while I feel like this is a good start, this needs some more polish to make it really shine. For instance, the numbers overlapping the pokemon sprites doesn't look great

I'd also love to see more explanation about how to customize the CO_ORDINATES of the bars. If you have the option set in Settings, you should explain how someone could edit it if they choose to do so.
Thanks for pointing out the Line 10 error.
All very good criticisms that I will correct in due course. You're really keeping me on my toes, and that's fine!

Swdfm

Game Developer

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
Oh, I also ran into this bug. It appeared after my Quaquaval knocked out the opposing Pokemon. I'm now stuck in an endless loop of trying to use Close Combat and failing because there is no target. This error message appears every single time.
=================

[2023-07-26 23:41:15 -0700]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Multi Exp Panel] Interface - Main.rb:131:in `block in draw_party'
[Multi Exp Panel] Interface - Main.rb:81:in `each'
[Multi Exp Panel] Interface - Main.rb:81:in `draw_party'
[Multi Exp Panel] Interface - Main.rb:31:in `draw'
[Multi Exp Panel] Interface - Main.rb:26:in `before_run'
[Multi Exp Panel] Interface - Main.rb:16:in `initialize'
[Multi Exp Panel] Battle.rb:62:in `new'
[Multi Exp Panel] Battle.rb:62:in `block in pbGainExp'
[Multi Exp Panel] Battle.rb:12:in `each'
[Multi Exp Panel] Battle.rb:12:in `pbGainExp'

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
Same here. Mine is doing it when I'm down to my last Pokemon, and he kills the Pokemon that was already out. Seems to be an issue with giving exp to dead Pokemon, maybe? If I figure it out I'll let you know.

MrRetro

Veteran Gamer
This is very nice. Works perfectly. You should fix the font and the font coloring to match the colors and font in Essentials tho.

And can you add more customization?

Like using a graphic for a window frame on the box instead of just the black outline?

Here's a mockup I made.

4FLYxKA.jpg

JogatinandoC

Cooltrainer
Oh, I also ran into this bug. It appeared after my Quaquaval knocked out the opposing Pokemon. I'm now stuck in an endless loop of trying to use Close Combat and failing because there is no target. This error message appears every single time.
=================

[2023-07-26 23:41:15 -0700]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Multi Exp Panel] Interface - Main.rb:131:in `block in draw_party'
[Multi Exp Panel] Interface - Main.rb:81:in `each'
[Multi Exp Panel] Interface - Main.rb:81:in `draw_party'
[Multi Exp Panel] Interface - Main.rb:31:in `draw'
[Multi Exp Panel] Interface - Main.rb:26:in `before_run'
[Multi Exp Panel] Interface - Main.rb:16:in `initialize'
[Multi Exp Panel] Battle.rb:62:in `new'
[Multi Exp Panel] Battle.rb:62:in `block in pbGainExp'
[Multi Exp Panel] Battle.rb:12:in `each'
[Multi Exp Panel] Battle.rb:12:in `pbGainExp'
I've got the same error. It tries to hit a dead pokemon in loop.
1693063455379.png

CarlosPR

Novice
I'm getting same error as other, what I don't understand is it that it was working for the last 20 hours I have been using it. the only deference I have it's that I have an egg in my party. I also have EXPALL enabled. I will try and see if with the EXPALLOFF I have no problem.

Edit- Changing the EXP have no effect, Plugin still crash.
New Edit- Left the egg on the box and now the plugin is not crashing. also having the EXPALLOFF have no effect either, plugin not crashing.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-28 191512.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-28 191512.png
    208.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

CarlosPR

Novice
I'm getting same error as other, what I don't understand is it that it was working for the last 20 hours I have been using it. the only deference I have it's that I have an egg in my party. I also have EXPALL enabled. I will try and see if with the EXPALLOFF I have no problem.

Edit- Changing the EXP have no effect, Plugin still crash.
New Edit- Left the egg on the box and now the plugin is not crashing. also having the EXPALLOFF have no effect either, plugin not crashing.
Report that the error also happens when you have a Pokémon in your last Pokémon in your party is fainted.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
@CarlosPR @Niara @JogatinandoC @drdoom76 @RegalSword
Since it's been a bit since the dev of this plugin has responded, if you add @values[i] = 0 if !@values[i] somewhere before the line that causes the crash, it prevents it. For instance, I added it just after the line for i in 0...$player.party.length. Do this in the Interface - Main.rb file.
1699224656531.png

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
Back