• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Map Forest Map. How does it look?

This thread's author wants feedback on a map. Be constructive.

JogatinandoC

Cooltrainer
Made this Forest Map. (Screenshot in 1/2 of true size because i hate makeing map screenshots, lol.)
1688845444202.png

Upvote 0

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
This is a phenomenally well done map! I have a few small things I would like to point out though;
eZaO73E.png

This gatehouse is missing the bottom of its stairs. Simple oversight with an easy fix!
g8TtnYx.png

Water shorelines have specific tiles when they curve like this, to facilitate a more natural looking curve;
c09YFIy.png
4SlLYH7.png

It's very subtle, but there is a noticeable difference between the two:
E6dkLmb.png
IW48P35.png

Last thing I'd point out is more of a personal gripe, but something to keep in mind;
InNJOoy.png

North-facing stairs are a bit awkward to get looking right. Not impossible, though. There is only one example of it being used in FrLg, and it's the best way to use the stairs in my opinion;
BI5vet7.png

This sort of maintains the perspective and the stairs more effectively blend into the terrain. I personally find using these stairs to be really difficult, but if you can get them to look good it pays off big time with map design.

JogatinandoC

Cooltrainer
This is a phenomenally well done map! I have a few small things I would like to point out though;
eZaO73E.png

This gatehouse is missing the bottom of its stairs. Simple oversight with an easy fix!
g8TtnYx.png

Water shorelines have specific tiles when they curve like this, to facilitate a more natural looking curve;
c09YFIy.png
4SlLYH7.png

It's very subtle, but there is a noticeable difference between the two:
E6dkLmb.png
IW48P35.png

Last thing I'd point out is more of a personal gripe, but something to keep in mind;
InNJOoy.png

North-facing stairs are a bit awkward to get looking right. Not impossible, though. There is only one example of it being used in FrLg, and it's the best way to use the stairs in my opinion;
BI5vet7.png

This sort of maintains the perspective and the stairs more effectively blend into the terrain. I personally find using these stairs to be really difficult, but if you can get them to look good it pays off big time with map design.
Whoa! Thanks a lot for your tips. And yes, this kind of stairs sucks for me to put

Back