• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

How to add animated battle sprites in v20.1

TheDizzy1

Novice
I want to add animated pokemon for battles and the pokedex just like when you use EBDX for v19, but for v20.1. The game i'm making needs this feature and other things that i want to use are only for v20.1 and not v19. Is there any possible way to add animated sprites?

SkyArmyRecru1t

Pokémon Master
Do you mean animated sprites as in the gen 5 way? As far as I know there's currently no plugins available for it in v20 yet, but uh give it a few days and I feel like there will be a plugin for v20 for that

TheDizzy1

Novice
Yes in gen 5 style. I know there was a way previously without EBDX, but I couldn’t find any info about it.

SkyArmyRecru1t

Pokémon Master
I actually just learned that the Gen 8 Pack has support for animated Pokémon like that. I'd suggest taking a look there

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
You can use Tenshi's Animated Battlers based on EBDX with only a few edits to your scripts, you can make it work for 20.1

I have applied Tenshi's script to v20.1 for both Pokemon and character portraits. You can read my comments under Tenshi's threads for more details, but this should be enough:

Tenshi's script: around line 60-90 iirc

Original:
Expand Collapse Copy
@bitmapFile = pbBitmap(file)

with

Original:
Expand Collapse Copy
@bitmap=RPG::Cache.load_bitmap("", file)

Species_files script: line 70, all of the three instances of

Original:
Expand Collapse Copy
return (filename) ? AnimatedBitmap.new(filename) : nil

with

Original:
Expand Collapse Copy
return (filename) ? AnimatedPokemonBitmap.new(filename) : nil

as well as the instances in the shadow pokemon section around line 158 and further down.

Back