• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Best Regional Variant Fan Games?

nitemusic

Rookie
I've been waiting to jump into another Fan Game after finishing Insurgence, I found that I was enjoying the Delta Pokemon a TON and a lot of them were super strong.

Is there another Fan Game that has regional Variants on insurgence's level of interesting?

I saw that Daybreak had them, and I have no idea if they're actually well made Regionals.

Figured this would be a fun one to ask, since a lot of the games advertise "Brand New Regional Variants" but the quality of them can vary heavily.

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
I like a lot the Splice variants. The game is also very good.
192_1.png
476_1.png
678_1.png

Fools Gold is a ROM hack, but also has cool variants of more than 400 pokémon!.

Radio_Liminoid

Rookie
I second Infinity, I was just thinking about how it is one of my all time favorites before I saw this post. I'm playing Tectonic now, it has some unique regional variants but also very cleverly makes megas and g-max forms into third-stage evolutions. Rosen is amazing, and Flux, although unfinished, is perhaps the most well-designed and -executed example of unique fakemon. Empire may be the most sophisticated storytelling with amazing unique fakemon, as well.

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
I would also say infinity was top tier when it comes to fakemon and fake regional variants. But we cannot forget the classic. Delta variation. They were regional forms before it was even a thing (yes im aware that insurgence came out after sun and moon, but the idea of delta was put in pokemon zeta and omicron that is made by the same team which is before sun and moon). I understand that some of them could be consider as too edgy, delta charizard for example. But i never feel like any of them were bad or too farfetch from a regular pokemon. Heck, Delta snorlax and haxorous to this day stand as one if if not teh best fakemon i ever use both in usage and design. Xenoverse is also up there in term of design, usage tho, only a handfull of them are actually good

Back