• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokémon Pristine Crystal

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amallah

Horror Maze Enthusiast
Project Title: Pokémon Pristine Crystal

Looking to recruit: Composers

Team Members:

Amallah (Team Lead, writer, mapper, events)
Drawntoast (Mapper)

Kit used: Pokémon Essentials v20.1

Project description: As evidenced by the name, this project is a sequel to GSC / HGSS, and takes place in the semi-distant future of Johto in a gen 3 art style. Cities and routes around the region will have undergone changes; some minor, some massive, with some new areas for players to explore. Around 10 more cities, 18ish routes, and a few caves are needed to be designed.

Plot outline: Following the final defeat and disbanding of Team Rocket, Johto and Kanto felt a brief, tentative peace within their respective regions. Over the years the regions grew; populations increased steadily, cities expanded or rebuilt older buildings, and trainers flourished without the constant fear of their Pokémon being taken. The sense of peace didn't last long as word spread of Team Rocket's downfall. Criminal groups that had operated from within the shadows stepped into the spotlight. The police force struck back frequently against their criminal operations to mitigate the damage they caused. Decades have passed since then, and now whispered rumors have spread from Olivine City that speak of a new Team making their move in the region.

Unique features:

• EVs & IVs shown in summary
  • EV system rework + allocator (set your own EVs)
  • Diverse side quests
  • Partner battle sequences throughout main story quests

Progress/Screenshots:

route29.pngnewbarktown.png
cherrygrovecity.pngvioletcity.jpg

Method of Contact:
You can reach me via Discord or direct messages here if you're interested in joining, or have any questions. Examples of some of the maps you've made are a plus. My Discord tag is just "Amallah", and I have a server set up with mapping tasks organized for efficiency.

Additional Information: I've been working on this project for about 5 months now. I started by getting the maps from New Bark Town up to Violet City all built, then worked on some eventing for the intro town, after that I wrote basically the entirety of the story, and then worked on some UI/system setup using some of the amazing public resources people have released. Now we're in need of a composer to make some music for a few new cities, a few pivotal story battles, and maybe a fresh take on battle music for the E4/Champion.

Last edited:

Amallah

Horror Maze Enthusiast
Bump! drawntoast has made up some beautiful maps for the project while Relic Castle was down; here's a WIP teaser of Ecruteak:

c1b3d2692e3507938199690bbef706eb.png

As we're continuing work on maps and events, we'd also like to recruit someone who can make some gen 3 trainer/NPC sprites for us. Specifically, some overworld spritesheets of non-trainer NPCs from all walks of life (elderly folk, students, office workers, etc.) would be nice, as well as various trainer battle sprites. If you're interested in working with us, feel free to DM me here or on Discord for details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back