• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Modular Field Effects 1.1

phantombass

Cooltrainer
phantombass submitted a new resource:

Modular Field Effects - Easily add field effects to your game!

Ever wanted field effects like Pokémon Reborn for your game? Here it is! Simply modify the Field Effects Data file with the information you need, and the game will automatically plug in your changes to damage calcing, and will display messages to show when moves and abilities are affected by the field!

Read more about this resource...

Asforcia

Novice
Now that I think about it, there isn't any way to change the field with an ability right? I think it would be really nice if there was a thing for changing the field with an ability just like a move. You know, if a pokemon is send out and has a specific ability the field changes.

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
This is amazing plugin..
But, I'm curious about how to insert status pokemon to field effect like burn, poisoned, etc.

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Are you wanting it to activate whenever a Pokémon enters the field? If so, add a flag to the :intro_script section in Data and call it whatever you want as long as it's in quotes. Then in the Main script, search for intro_script, and put your condition for the flag you made in that place by starting with when "flag" (with flag being whatever you called your flag in :intro_script)

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
Are you wanting it to activate whenever a Pokémon enters the field? If so, add a flag to the :intro_script section in Data and call it whatever you want as long as it's in quotes. Then in the Main script, search for intro_script, and put your condition for the flag you made in that place by starting with when "flag" (with flag being whatever you called your flag in :intro_script)
Brilliant..
Thank you bro

SebastiaanZ

Trainer
Stupid question probably. Is setting the battleback in the metadata enough to define it in game? So for example add forest in metadata?

phantombass

Cooltrainer
You could do that. You'd also need to make sure you have an Environment defined for that as well but I think that's already there. But the reason this requires you to list that battleback gfx in the script is so that if you have a field change in the battle, the battleback and battle base will update. Which is also why I recommend making sure your battleback and battle base files have the same name to coordinate

Sodsire

Rookie
I don't be "that guy" but are you willing to make this compatible with V21 of Essentials?

Chikako

Rookie
Is this combatable with v20.1? I just copied and past the file into plugin and tried running it. I get this error.

MaouAlter

Novice
I have the same problem as Chikako, after further changing the code in an attempt to successfully compile the code I'm now having errors relating to end in Field_Effects_Main
Changes to the forest field:
        :Forest => {
            :field_name => "Forest",
            :intro_message => "The forest is dark.",
            :field_gfx => "forest",
            :nature_power => :SILVERWIND,
            :mimicry => :BUG,
            :intro_script => nil,
            :abilities => [:SWARM],
            :ability_effects => {
            :SWARM => [:ATTACK,1]
            },
            :move_damage_boost => {
            1.2 => [:WIND_MOVES]
            },
            :move_messages => {"The wind blew through the trees." => [:WIND_MOVES]},
            :move_type_change => {},
            :move_type_mod => {},
            :move_accuracy_change => {},
            :defensive_modifiers => {},
            :type_damage_change => {
            1.2 => [:BUG]
            },
            :type_messages => {"The bugs of the forest joined in!" => [:BUG]},
            :type_type_mod => {},
            :type_mod_message => {},
            :type_type_change => {},
            :type_change_message => {},
            :side_effects => {},
            #:field_changers => {:None => [:IGNITE_MOVES]},
            #:change_message => {"The forest burned down!" => [:IGNITE_MOVES]},
            #:field_change_conditions => {:None => Battle.ignite?}
        }
    }

The error I get when compiling:
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Error in Plugin: [Modular Field Effects]
Exception: SyntaxError
Message: [Modular Field Effects] Field_Effects_Main.rb:272: syntax error, unexpected `end', expecting `when'
    end
    ^~~
[Modular Field Effects] Field_Effects_Main.rb:328: syntax error, unexpected `end', expecting `when'
    end
    ^~~
[Modular Field Effects] Field_Effects_Main.rb:374: syntax error, unexpected `end', expecting `when'
  end
  ^~~
[Modular Field Effects] Field_Effects_Main.rb:580: class definition in method body
[Modular Field Effects] Field_Effects_Main.rb:584: class definition in method body
class Battle::Scene
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Modular Field Effects] Field_Effects_Main.rb:648: class definition in method body
[Modular Field Effects] Field_Effects_Main.rb:1027: syntax error, unexpected `end', expecting `when'
        end
        ^~~
[Modular Field Effects] Field_Effects_Main.rb:1092: syntax error, unexpected end-of-input, expecting `end'

Backtrace:
008:PluginManager:653:in `eval'
008:PluginManager:653:in `block (2 levels) in runPlugins'
008:PluginManager:643:in `each'
008:PluginManager:643:in `block in runPlugins'
008:PluginManager:634:in `each'
008:PluginManager:634:in `runPlugins'
386:Main:29:in `mainFunctionDebug'
386:Main:19:in `block in mainFunction'
014:Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'
386:Main:19:in `mainFunction'
Were the changes I tried flawed or the code has more typos?

Back