• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Discussion Relic Castle Cooks! (Recipe Thread)

This thread invites discussion. Be respectful, but feel free to share your opinions.

Mozart

Annoying Twit
Then I actually forgot about this whoops, so let's share a number that appeared (and won) in a magazine contest back in 96 and we happened to get from a friend:

exps1821_C153811D09_09_8b.jpg

BLUEBERRY FRENCH TOAST!

INGREDIENTS:
12 slices day-old white bread, crusts removed
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese
1 cup fresh OR frozen blueberries
12 eggs
2 cups milk
1/3 cup maple syrup OR honey (mom uses honey)

SAUCE:
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup water
1 cup fresh OR frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon butter OR margarine

PROCESS:

Cut bread into 1-inch cubes; place half in a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Cut cream cheese into 1-inch cubes; place over bread. Top with blueberries and remaining bread.

In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk and syrup OR honey, mix well. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350 degrees (Fahrenheit) for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes more or until golden brown and the center is set.

In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; add water. Bring to a boil over medium head; boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in blueberries, reduce heat. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until berries have burst. Stir in butter (or margarine) until melted. Serve sauce over French toast. Yields 6-8 servings and 1-3/4 cups sauce. Intended for breakfast or brunch but really you can have it any time you want some dang blueberries. Some people forgo making the sauce entirely and just use maple syrup by itself instead.​

Kawaiiski

Starving Bittersweet Artist
Ooh, this is a good thread! Mine is a pretty specific recipe, but it's good eating for if you want to chill out and watch Youtube or something. I'LL JUST GO AHEAD AND STEAL MOZART'S FORMATTING, NBD.

CARROT-BEEF BOWL!
...Is what I call it anyway, but it doesn't actually use Beef. Y-- You'll see.

INGREDIENTS:
Carolina or Kirkwood Ground Turkey - Carolina is a smaller quantity than Kirkwood, but they're both good quality. You're more than welcome to switch Turkey with Beef, though.
1 CUP Sushi Rice - The BEST rice to cook with, really. TRUST ME. White Rice is actually really annoying. If you have a Rice Cooker, too? MMMN, DELICIOUS. Adjust to ½ cup for Carolina.
2 TEASPOONS Stick Butter - Any kind will do. 2 Teaspoons usually go well across the board. It's nice to have the rice be buttery good!
2 CUPS Water - For Pot or Rice Cooker, I suppose. IDK about Rice Cookers, it can vary a bit and it's been a while since I've owned one, but for Pots, 2 cups seems fair.
Half a Small Carrot (OPTIONAL) - For grinding into the meat! Or mincing. Or slicing. OR WHATEVER. Yes, the carrot is optional, despite the recipe name. It adds some carrot goodness, though!

SPICES:
Turmeric - Makes ground up things really good for some reason?? IDK what it is, I just started using it one day somewhat recently. Sorry I can't specify the brand, I live upstairs from the Kitchen and it's really late.
Penzey's Barbecue Sauce (OPTIONAL) - A magical spice that makes meat products REALLY GOOD. I don't own anymore, though... *sighs*
Nutritional Yeast Flakes (OPTIONAL) - Also pretty good for varying things! IDK why; spices are weird, yo. TRY THIS ON CHEESE TOAST SANDWICHES, SERIOUSLY. IT'S ODDLY GOOD???
Stonemill Garlic Salt - This one's good! I don't have anymore, though, so it's just normal Garlic Salt for me :( anyway, it includes Parsley Flakes and Sugar and other stuff!
Marcum Chilli Powder - Use sparingly! This makes things spicy. That's about it. For me it kinda doesn't, but does add a level of tangyness.
Marcum Ground Black Pepper - In general meat should be spiced with Salt and Black Pepper!
Marcum Ground Cinnamon - I know it sounds WEIRD, but cinnamon in Ground Turkey is surprisingly pretty good? IDK, man.
Marcum Onion Powder - Onion Powder is a magical thing that makes a lot of the meals I make 5x more delicious. TRY ON HASH BROWNS.
Marcum Paprika (OPTIONAL) - Haven't used this in a while, although we do have some. Paprika is a weird frickin' spice, but it makes things interesting.

SAUCE:
UUHHHH Soybean Sauce - OR just Soy Sauce (I personally prefer Soybean.) I use a medium-sized bowl to make the sauce, and fill it until I can't see the bottom. This is the main ingredient for the sauce.
1 TABLESPOON Worcestershire Sauce (OPTIONAL) - That word is so unnecessarily hard to spell. Thankfully, Firefox Spellcheck. ANYWAY. This adds a bit of tangyness!
2 TEASPOONS Sugar - Adds some sweetness to the meal, which sounds weird in your head, but tastes rather good! The Soybean and Worcestershire can make the mix too sour without it.
UUHHHH Ketchup - Yeah, not sure on this, neither. Rather hard to gauge; it takes constant adjustment every time I cook this. I'd say, like... four short squirts???
1 TABLESPOON Marcum Onion Powder - Or just about. Why add Onion Powder to the meat and the sauce? I DON'T KNOW! It just... works.

PROCESS:
I use a Pot, a Pan, a Fork, a Tablespoon, and a Spatula. I also use a Bowl separately for the sauce. I cook the Turkey and Rice separately. Pour the water and rice into the pot, turn on the stove top for the pot and pan, and make sure the Turkey is fully thawed. You can use scissors easily to cut the top of the tube. Wash scissors. Pour the Turkey into the pan and throw away the wrapping. Since you're working with meat, wash your hands. Leave the pan on a relatively low temp; putting in the spices and minced carrot takes a while. Put in the stuff for the meat, and put the butter in the rice. I use the fork for mixing the rice, so I usually cut the stick butter with it.
Assuming you know how to cook Turkey/Beef, ground that with the spatula and watch over the rice, having it on a medium temp, and mix every once in a while. Meanwhile, go over to your bowl and make your sauce with the bowl. Use a tablespoon to mix it whilst watching the food cook. It takes about 45MIN-1HR to cook the entire meal. Put the sauce into the meat and let it cook just a bit longer whilst mixing it. I usually use a Heavy-duty Tupperware case to put my meal into, but a very large bowl is fine. When rice is done, turn off the stove and put that in your bowl, first. Then, do the same to the meat. Make sure almost everything was scrapped off! I use a stainless steel pan, so it's easy to wash. The pot on the other hand, has a tendency to have the rice stick to it unless cooked PERFECTLY. MIX AND EAT~!
AAANND DONE! Phew... that recipe is real hands-on, but I like cooking it. I spend way too much time putting a labor of love into my personal recipes sometimes, though ;P sorry I couldn't specify some things; it's just something you have to feel out yourself and see what works. I use Tupperware because this (at least when I use Kirkwood) makes for two meals! Yup, after refrigerating it, I just throw it into a Toaster Oven on Bake the next day for 25 Min and it's all done. Delish, and resourceful! And relatively cheap too. Yeah, you'd probably be surprised; most of the spices are usually $1-$2 I think? Except the Nutritional Yeast Flakes. I think that usually goes for $4.50, but don't quote me on that. I think Kirkwood goes for $2, and Carolina goes for $1? I HAVEN'T CHECKED THESE PRICES IN A WHILE, OKAY. The only thing also is the Sushi Rice/Soybean Sauce. Those are items only found in the Asian Plaza for me, so I rarely get them and I have no clue how much they cost. IDK, someone else in the house usually has to buy those. It's still SOO worth it in the end, though; especially if you have, like, 4Lb of Sushi Rice? THAT CAN LAST YOU ABOUT A YEAR. Anyway; rambling. I may post up a recipe for Mexican Cornbread, which has most of the same ingredients/spices. Hope you guys try it out! :yum

Last edited:
Back