• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Quicksave Script

Resource Quicksave Script v1.0

Marin submitted a new resource:

Quicksave Script - Save the game by pressing one button.

Saving in Pokémon Essentials itself is almost instant, but the text that precedes it and that what comes after it is what makes saving take longer.

This script will automatically save the game if you hit a specific button, F8 by default.

Inside the script section "Scene_Map", find "def update" by doing Ctrl + F.
Then, inside that "def update", look for "updateSpritesets". Right underneath, paste this.
Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
	if Input.trigger?(Input::F8) && !$game_player.moving? && @mode.nil?
	  pbSave...

Read more about this resource...

Quicksaving is a small detail that i really appreciate. I have a tendency to click out of game windows, and that can make menus get locked into downwards scrolling, which can keep me from saving. Thanks for this!

(also, I don't think it was intentional, but F8 seems like it could lend itself to some worldplay reminding players to save. "It's your F8 to SAVE us all", or something similar.)

Last edited:
Quicksaving is a small detail that i really appreciate. I have a tendency to click out of game windows, and that can make menus get locked into downwards scrolling, which can keep me from saving. Thanks for this!

(also, I don't think it was intentional, but F8 seems like it could lend itself to some worldplay reminding players to save. "It's your F8 to SAVE us all", or something similar.)

Main reason I chose F8 was because I use F5 and F6 for screenshotting/making gifs, F7 opens up the debug console, and I think F9 opens the debug menu ;p

I'd probably have used V but I don't want people to have to go through the hassle of binding new keys (even if it's super easy)

Oh, I don't know if you intended to leave this out, but there's no pictures by those file names in Essentials (unless v17 added them and I missed it), so they do need to be added beforehand. EDIT: Whoops, my bad! I had missed the download button on the tutorial page!

Last edited:

FunnySpriter

Novice
I get this runtime error
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Pictures/saveDisk
BitmapCache:394:in `load_bitmap'
QuicksaveScript:11:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'
Scene_Map:65:in `loop'
Scene_Map:72:in `main'
Main:557:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Main:535:in `mainFunction'
Main:535:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main:567

I get this runtime error
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Pictures/saveDisk
BitmapCache:394:in `load_bitmap'
QuicksaveScript:11:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'
Scene_Map:65:in `loop'
Scene_Map:72:in `main'
Main:557:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Main:535:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main:567

You didn’t dowload the graphics (in the instructions).

Back