• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Map Region Map Help Please

This thread's author wants feedback on a map. Be constructive.

KP17

Novice
Hello! I've made a rough concept of my region map and would like some feedback as well as if someone could possibly point me to anyone who could make this usable/nice for a commission? I'll happily pay a commission to get my map made 🥰
Region Map.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neeka

Cooltrainer
For the most part it's pretty cool looking. I would put a river going north east from the lake to the northern right art of the ocean, perhaps flowing close to the town with the forest around it (the one with a gym). Also, you have three start towns? Are there going to be three different playable characters who start out in a different town depending on which one you pick?

KP17

Novice
For the most part it's pretty cool looking. I would put a river going north east from the lake to the northern right art of the ocean, perhaps flowing close to the town with the forest around it (the one with a gym). Also, you have three start towns? Are there going to be three different playable characters who start out in a different town depending on which one you pick?
I was thinking about adding a river there so I will! And the three start towns is to give a different start perspective, so the player can choose their starting town and it will give them a different route to start with

Neeka

Cooltrainer
I was thinking about adding a river there so I will! And the three start towns is to give a different start perspective, so the player can choose their starting town and it will give them a different route to start with
That's an pretty cool and unique way to do it.

KP17

Novice
That's an pretty cool and unique way to do it.
Thank you! I've only been making the towns and routes so far, haven't really dabbled in the scripts yet or making the events. Also still don't have a game title

Neeka

Cooltrainer
yeah, the scripts are what i really struggle with.

KP17

Novice
yeah, the scripts are what i really struggle with.
Thank you again for the advice! Hopefully I can find someone who can help me with making it usable and look more like the ones in the essentials folder

Neeka

Cooltrainer
I wish you well. Have you looked in the team recruitment or commission sections of the game development section?

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
I will actually be making a region map tutorial really soon, so look out for that, but in the mean time:
I explained how to make a "good Region map" here:

Honestly, I'd be interested in making a region map for commission haha, if you are still interested, I have lots of experience in this dept.
Thank you! I've tried using this method but I'm very bad with the placements for fly to work as well as I just don't have anything like gimp besides paint, hence the comission offer. But I'll keep trying and hope that I can make it possibly

KP17

Novice
I will actually be making a region map tutorial really soon, so look out for that, but in the mean time:
I explained how to make a "good Region map" here:

Honestly, I'd be interested in making a region map for commission haha, if you are still interested, I have lots of experience in this dept.
I would be more than happy to commission you! Would it be okay to message you?

Back