• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Is it possible to make Essentials compatible with Tiled?

DeepBlue PacificWaves

Producer of Project Lunastone | Failed Dreamer
I've been thinking about ways to improve Pokémon Essentials and was wondering if it's possible to integrate the Tiled Map Editor with the software. I know Essentials currently uses the RPG Maker XP engine for its code, events, and maps, but RPG Maker MZ has compatibility with Tiled Editor, which got me thinking about the potential benefits for Essentials.

Using Tiled Editor with Essentials could greatly benefit users who want to use more than just the default animation autotiles. It would also make it easier to set connections between maps and view linked maps while editing.

I'm curious to hear what the community thinks about this idea. Do you think it's possible or viable to integrate Tiled Editor with Essentials? And if so, how do you think it could improve the dev's experience?

So I wanted to start rolling this ball. Let's talk about it and see if we can improve Essentials together!

UPDATE: While browsing I found the following tool that might just be the thing I'm looking for.

Last edited:

DeepBlue PacificWaves

Producer of Project Lunastone | Failed Dreamer
Tiled is already compatible with PSDK
Oh, I didn't knew that. I'll gave it look into the PSDK whenever possible.

Still, I can't help but wonder: if PSDK were able to make it compatible, why not Essentials.

After all, PSDK is much more younger as it has less support and plug-ins because of that. I mean, we can't deny that Essentials is by far the most used tool to make Pokémon Fan Games

Back