• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Discussion Share your Desktop Backgrounds+Stories

This thread invites discussion. Be respectful, but feel free to share your opinions.

Kawaiiski

Starving Bittersweet Artist
Weeelp. It's late, I'm kinda sick, and in general I'm still feeling hyper after scrolling through Tumblr for inspiration.

...SO LET'S POST OUR DESKTOP BG'S!

(Don't feel pressured to post if you have sensitive stuff on your Desktop. In general though that's not a good idea. ...Or just blank it out, IDK.) Just changed mine recently, sooo....

ohbDcm.png

AAAND...! It's empty. Completely. Except for the Recycle Bin, I am seemingly allergic to any kind of Desktop Icons or Shortcuts. I mainly use RocketDock/the Start Button, which you also can't see here, because it's set to auto-hide. Even my taskbar is set to auto-hide! I'm weird about being cleanly!

HOWEVER! SAKANA is awesome and one of my main motivations/inspirations to work on my own amateur fancomic, Q-nnections. Shameless self-promotions! Whoo! Anyway, I have a customized look on my computer called areao4 which uses UltraUX Theme Patcher, which explains the look of my Recycle Bin. ...Sorry you can't see anything else with it, though :confounded:

peIT3ko.jpg

I have a tendency to save everything onto my desktop and then organize it later, but right now it's looking clean!:blush:
I've been using the same background since I switched from a laptop to a desktop computer...the screen still feels really big, like most things won't fit.

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
SzrKXu5.jpg

Normally I draw my own desktop backgrounds, but this was too cool to not have for a while.

Also I'm extremely organized with my icons.

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
hwhYZe6.jpg

Finally replaced my computer recently and haven't really had a chance to muck up the desktop yet. Yes, that's MS Paint and Notepad pinned to the task bar.

Will edit with the desktop of my old one in a minute.

Edit: yeah it's a disaster.

R25PhlK.png

Kawaiiski

hwhYZe6.jpg

Finally replaced my computer recently and haven't really had a chance to muck up the desktop yet. Yes, that's MS Paint and Notepad pinned to the task bar.

Will edit with the desktop of my old one in a minute.

Edit: yeah it's a disaster.

R25PhlK.png

Ooh, finally! Someone who's not so clean with their desktops... WOOOW, that's a lot--- erm. I do find myself wondering how people manage when they have THAT many icons. :confounded:

_pheebs

Demoness on the prowl!
My background, and has been for roughly 3 years now? I believe.
I should get a new one.
RLHUlE.jpg

Pixel Profligate

Lazy Artist
Heh, I need to post more...

Ahem...anyway, my desktop. I've recently cleaned it up some, deciding that having things literally ever was...well, not super easy to navigate, haha.. B-but now, now it's looking pretty okay I guess.

XTbU2JO.png

And yes, I also have MS Paint pinned to the taskbar. Fight me.

Kawaiiski

Heh, I need to post more...

Ahem...anyway, my desktop. I've recently cleaned it up some, deciding that having things literally ever was...well, not super easy to navigate, haha.. B-but now, now it's looking pretty okay I guess.

XTbU2JO.png

And yes, I also have MS Paint pinned to the taskbar. Fight me.
Woah, that's some gud pixels right there.

And I ain't even mad, MS Paint is perfectly legit (I use it for varying things myself)

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
PoLvePG.jpg

Yeah my desktop is a bit of a disaster, I only just now did some preliminary cleaning.

Anyways I just really like Tamamo no Mae.

Rhyden

Shuckle Kheen
Sometimes I'll go and find nice wallpapers but right now it's just some dumb thing I made in Source Filmmaker.
There's a big blank space on my second monitor because it's actually in a different resolution than my main monitor since it's too old to keep up with the other one.
jH46axx.png

Kawaiiski

Sometimes I'll go and find nice wallpapers but right now it's just some dumb thing I made in Source Filmmaker.
There's a big blank space on my second monitor because it's actually in a different resolution than my main monitor since it's too old to keep up with the other one.
jH46axx.png
Feels like I just landed on the weird side of Youtube...

Kawaiiski

my desktop is kinda messy.
after seeing this thread i should clean my desktop -.-
NFsBasX.gif
485IhnH.png

Edit: i think this is better.
ZirwRZa.gif
2dueVKg.png

Oh wow, I've seen animated Desktop BG's before, but it seems like one of those things you'd do if you have a high-end computer? IDK, I never got the purpose of them unless you want crappier performance... just me though, I guess.

Arma

A Martian Hyena
TohtQn5
These are my current wallpapers I've set for my laptop. They change around every 30 minutes. I guess they're pretty expectable from me. XD Anyways, after some windows updates a month or so ago, the left most "column" is acting up, as icons placed there will randomly jump to another position to moment something new is added to the desktop. =/ I initially intalled Rainmaker for some fancy desktop works... but eh I couldn;t be arsed to do so, and I like the default clock and system thingies quite a bit, so I decided to keep those
TohtQn5.png
gcjsP3e.png
BjiT4Wx.jpg
viFMLzk.png

Back