• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[DONE!] Custom Egg sprites for all species up to gen 8

Resource [DONE!] Custom Egg sprites for all species up to gen 8 1.2

LMicolash

Novice
LMicolash submitted a new resource:

Custom Egg sprites for all species up to gen 8 - 160x160px, updated for v20.1 including regional forms

Re-scale of the original compilation made by Appletun's Apples for v20.1 of Pokémon Essentials. You just need to drag the "Eggs" folder on the following path inside the main Pokémon essentials project:

Graphics -> Pokémon -> Eggs

To test it, use the debug option while selecting a Pokémon in your party and use the "Set egg" option.

It only includes those species that you can get naturally through breeding in main Pokémon games, and new...

Read more about this resource...

Phye

Moon Guardian
The eevee egg is purple and the taillow egg is sideways. Otherwise, it looks alright! :D

RavensVoid

Rookie
Hi, the only issue I am having is that when the egg hatches, the cracking animation is way off to the side. Anyone know how to fix? Setting the coordinates in the script does not display the cracking animation above the egg, no matter what I do.

Bergium

Bergium#0216
Hi, the only issue I am having is that when the egg hatches, the cracking animation is way off to the side. Anyone know how to fix? Setting the coordinates in the script does not display the cracking animation above the egg, no matter what I do.
What size in pixels are your files for the egg? it might be the wrong size

standard essentials egg picture size pixels is 160 x160
there is a lot of transparent pixel around the eggs

RavensVoid

Rookie
What size in pixels are your files for the egg? it might be the wrong size

standard essentials egg picture size pixels is 160 x160
there is a lot of transparent pixel around the eggs
Hi, thanks for your help. I have not changed the icons, they are the same size and dimensions as the original 000.png icon, 160x160.

Bergium

Bergium#0216
Are you using any plugins, and which?

LMicolash

Novice
LMicolash updated Custom Egg sprites for all species up to gen 8 with a new update entry:

[IN PROGRESS] First batch of icons added

I'm starting to sprite all the icons corresponding to the ones from the Reborn team alphabetically,for now those Species whose name start with A or B have been added. A new folder has been added so you can choose if you want to include them or not.

I also reluctantly corrected the mentioned mistakes, gotta say the flipped Taillow was kind of cute

Read the rest of this update entry...

LMicolash

Novice

Hello, this error might be caused because the animation of the "cracks" has been altered, please try to download this image (or download the main essentials project download and look for the image named "000_cracks") and place it on your eggs folder, remember to copy the original file elsewhere just in case

Attachments

• 000_cracks.png
    000_cracks.png
    382 bytes · Views: 101

RavensVoid

Rookie
Are you using any plugins, and which?
Yes. I have narrowed it down to an issue with my Generation 8 Pack plugins. The EBDX wrapper for sprite scaling is messing it up. However I cannot find the values in any of the files that allow me to change the upscaling constants for eggs specifically. I know this isn't a thread for that, but if anyone knows of any solutions I would be grateful. Thank you <3

LMicolash

Novice

AlmAchAndAlee

Novice
First of all those eggs look great. But I don't know how to install it for 20.1? There are only the Icons and Sprites to download, but not the plugin file?

LMicolash

Novice
First of all those eggs look great. But I don't know how to install it for 20.1? There are only the Icons and Sprites to download, but not the plugin file?
Hello! There's no need for any additional plugins, base essentials already has support for egg variations as long as they have a custom sprite, and if the sprite doesn't exist it it will default to the regular egg sprite, you can check the read.txt file inside the zip for more info. Hope that helped!

AlmAchAndAlee

Novice
Now it's working. I put "Eggs" into the Grapics and not into the Pokemon folder. Thank you. That's an amazing resource :)

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
Same. Putting all the pokemon images and icons directly into the "Eggs" folder seems to pull through perfectly. OP, if you could change the instructions a bit, that'd be awesome. The work you guys did on these are incredible. Thank you so much for this.

LMicolash

Novice
Same. Putting all the pokemon images and icons directly into the "Eggs" folder seems to pull through perfectly. OP, if you could change the instructions a bit, that'd be awesome. The work you guys did on these are incredible. Thank you so much for this.
Thank you! Should I change it to a single folder named Eggs to make it less confusing? That way you could drag it into the graphics folder directly.

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
Thank you! Should I change it to a single folder named Eggs to make it less confusing? That way you could drag it into the graphics folder directly.
Probably. It's not "hard" to necessarily figure out, but most plug-ins are drag, drop, play. The extra step might lead to unnecessary questions for you. Lol. It works perfectly, though. I appreciate it. I combined it with the ability to view the daycare and have the pretty eggs sitting there looking pretty. 🙃 looking forward to gen 9.

Back