• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Independent Hidden Power Type

Resource Independent Hidden Power Type 1.0

DemICE

QoL junkie
DemICE submitted a new resource:

Independent Hidden Power Type - Makes Hidden Power a randomly generated attribute for each Pokemon instead of being dependent on IVs

Description:
Don't like how You need certain IVs to use a certain hidden power type? This here lil' Plugin is gonna make it so it is just random. Do not worry though, it is not completely out of your control.
Example ways to affect the Hidden Power type:
-Through an item.
-If your first Pokemon has Synchronize as its ability, Wild Pokemon have a very big chance to have that first Pokemon's Hidden Power Type.
-Inheritable through breeding if the parent is holding...

Read more about this resource...

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
This. THIS is something I've been wanting because the way Hidden Power works in vanilla sucks so much- and having a game with custom types means that the formula gets fucked so much. I know I'll be using this going forward!

My only suggestion is to also change the type graphic of the move in the battle interface, it feels a little weird to have its graphic remain the same when you also have the type displayed correctly next to it, haha.

Cross Agento

Novice
This is AMAZING! I was literally just thinking about a resource like this. Just a quick question, is there a way for the fights in game to have a set Hidden Power value?

DemICE

QoL junkie
This. THIS is something I've been wanting because the way Hidden Power works in vanilla sucks so much- and having a game with custom types means that the formula gets fucked so much. I know I'll be using this going forward!

My only suggestion is to also change the type graphic of the move in the battle interface, it feels a little weird to have its graphic remain the same when you also have the type displayed correctly next to it, haha.

Thanks for your enthusiasm!
I thought about changing the graphic but it was more work than i could afford the time for at that moment. and there was also the issue of if it would hurt the plugin's compatibility with other plugins. right now im pretty sure its compatible with mostly everything
maybe i'll revisit this possibility in the future...
This is AMAZING! I was literally just thinking about a resource like this. Just a quick question, is there a way for the fights in game to have a set Hidden Power value?
thank you too!
its probably possible if you create a new value in the SCHEMA that sets :hptype to trainers. honestly i didn't look into it because i use the way of pokemon reborn that just created a clone of hidden power for every type for the AI and is just putting those on trainers.

after you peeps play around with the plugin and like it enough, feel free to also leave a rating if you want!

Last edited:

Phye

Moon Guardian
Hey, this is such a cool idea! I love it and will be using it in my projects moving forward :D However! I was thinking if it was possible to change the HP giving item to change into a specific HP instead of choosing which one?
I was thinking something like gathering X amount of Tera Crystals of the chosen type and you're able to change the pokémon's type to that type.
If it was possible to have this hp change via an NPC or Item! :D

DemICE

QoL junkie
Hey, this is such a cool idea! I love it and will be using it in my projects moving forward :D However! I was thinking if it was possible to change the HP giving item to change into a specific HP instead of choosing which one?
I was thinking something like gathering X amount of Tera Crystals of the chosen type and you're able to change the pokémon's type to that type.
If it was possible to have this hp change via an NPC or Item! :D
im p sure its perfectly possible. like you could check the code i made for the hp changing items, and instead of all that you could make it into something simple like
pokemon.hptype = :FIRE

Phye

Moon Guardian
im p sure its perfectly possible. like you could check the code i made for the hp changing items, and instead of all that you could make it into something simple like
Yes, I tried doing that but now it still lets you pick a type but all results turn into Fire either way so I dunno. How do you remove the select screen without breaking the script? I'm not a very experienced scripter(if at all) and whatever I try to remove just breaks it completely xD

DemICE

QoL junkie
Yes, I tried doing that but now it still lets you pick a type but all results turn into Fire either way so I dunno. How do you remove the select screen without breaking the script? I'm not a very experienced scripter(if at all) and whatever I try to remove just breaks it completely xD
Ruby:
#Changing to a specified Hidden Power type.
ItemHandlers::UseOnPokemon.add(:HPCHANGINGSPECIFIED, proc { |item, qty, pokemon, scene, screen, msg|
      scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s Hidden Power has been set to {2}.",pokemon.name, pokemon.hptype))
})

Phye

Moon Guardian
Hey, a question! Would it be possible to make a setting for Trainers to have a specific hidden power? So they aren't confined to the old Hidden Power system?

DemICE

QoL junkie
Hey, a question! Would it be possible to make a setting for Trainers to have a specific hidden power? So they aren't confined to the old Hidden Power system?
yeah but its far more convenient to make hidden power clones of specific types for AI to use, like some games like reborn/rejuvenation have done.
example:
#-------------------------------
[HIDDENPOWERGRO]
Name = Hidden Power
Type = GROUND
Category = Special
Power = 60
Accuracy = 100
TotalPP = 15
Target = NearOther
FunctionCode = None
Flags = CanProtect,CanMirrorMove
Description = A unique attack that varies in type and intensity depending on the Pokémon using it.

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Another great plugin! I love it! I am having an issue. So I made items to change to each type with candies. After using them they seem to not disappear as I would like. Here is the code I am using:

Ruby:
ItemHandlers::UseOnPokemon.add(:HPCHANGINGSPECIFIED, proc { |item, qty, pokemon, scene, screen, msg|
      scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s Hidden Power has been set to {2}.",pokemon.name, pokemon.hptype))
})

Any idea why it is not being used up?

DemICE

QoL junkie
Another great plugin! I love it! I am having an issue. So I made items to change to each type with candies. After using them they seem to not disappear as I would like. Here is the code I am using:

Ruby:
})

Any idea why it is not being used up?
nope, sorry, no idea why its like that for you, the moment i read this i added an item and copy pasted this effect to it and it is getting consumed properly

Last edited:

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
nope, sorry, no idea why its like that for you, the moment i read this i added an item and copy pasted this effect to it and it is getting consumed properly
Hmm, thats odd. Here is the item PBS I am using if it can help:

[NORMALCANDY]
Name = Normal Candy
NamePlural = Normal Candies
Pocket = 1
FieldUse = OnPokemon
Price = 5000
Flags = Fling_10
Description = A delicious candy that all Pokémon enjoy eating. This changes the Hidden Power type to normal.

Edit: Seems to fix itself by adding next true under scene.pbDisplay

Last edited:
Back