• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
EBDX move & common animation pack

Resource EBDX move & common animation pack 1.0.0

NikDie

Elite Trainer
NikDie submitted a new resource:

EBDX move & common animation pack - A animation pack for EBDX which covers both move and common animations

Hi!
During the development of Pokémon Eon Guardians, I made numerous EBDX move and common animations.
Since I have received a lot of scripts, graphics and other things from the community, I would like to give something back.
And here it is - the EBDX animation pack!
The animation pack covers 95% of the moves of the standard move pbs. Many of them are converted from default EBDX animations, but some are completely self-developed. They are certainly not perfect, but I think that in most cases...

Read more about this resource...

MakerBlack

Trainer
Hey, I'm really excited about your work. Sorry for the inconvenience, but could you add a script that makes these movements read in standard Essentials v20.1? Without the use of EBDX

NikDie

Elite Trainer
Hey, I'm really excited about your work. Sorry for the inconvenience, but could you add a script that makes these movements read in standard Essentials v20.1? Without the use of EBDX
Sorry the EBDX move creation is very different to the standard essentials animation editor. So I cannot provide a script like you asked.

DarrylBD99

A YouTuber that really REALLY loves making games

DarrylBD99

A YouTuber that really REALLY loves making games
Okay, just had a look through and it is fantastic. Thou I just have one question, will you eventually cover Gen 8 moves? I know v19.1 only goes up to gen 7, but I'm still curious.

NikDie

Elite Trainer
Okay, just had a look through and it is fantastic. Thou I just have one question, will you eventually cover Gen 8 moves? I know v19.1 only goes up to gen 7, but I'm still curious.
Thanks!
Honestly I dont have any plans to update this resource.
But I'm already planing my next game which will cover Pokemon (and therefore moves) up to gen 9.
So I guess once I'm there, I will update it in the process.
But dont be afraid to edit something yourself, its really not that hard. Like I wrote, most of the animations are just reused. For example bubble beam is just flamethrower with bubbles instead of flames.

Last edited:

SolidRykker

Rookie
Hi ! Thank you for this amazing resource ! However some animations don't play and I get the following error message : "Exception `NoMethodError' at [Elite Battle: DX] EARTHQUAKE.rb:33 - undefined method `getVector' for EliteBattle:Module"

If I am not mistaken, I should have the method getVector defined in my EBDX script but it looks like I don't. Do you know how I could solve this ?
PS : I am using v19.1

NikDie

Elite Trainer
Hi ! Thank you for this amazing resource ! However some animations don't play and I get the following error message : "Exception `NoMethodError' at [Elite Battle: DX] EARTHQUAKE.rb:33 - undefined method `getVector' for EliteBattle:Module"

If I am not mistaken, I should have the method getVector defined in my EBDX script but it looks like I don't. Do you know how I could solve this ?
PS : I am using v19.1
I just had a look at the EARTHQUAKE.rb and there is no function getVector used at all. Just getRealVector which is defined by EBDX.
In line 33 I have the command:
fp["bg"].opacity = 0
Maybe you have already costumized something?

SolidRykker

Rookie
Thank you for your reply, I just did not replace my old file ! Problem solved now, thank you again :)

MakerBlack

Trainer
Do you intend to bring movements from Generation 9? Why don't you make a guide on how to make more animations easily so people can follow your work?

NikDie

Elite Trainer
Do you intend to bring movements from Generation 9? Why don't you make a guide on how to make more animations easily so people can follow your work?
Not till my next game is on the point where it needs them and that will take two years I guess.

Its pretty easy, just have a look at the animation scripts and watch a ruby tutorial or use chatgbt. I started from zero as well, its not that hard :)

AmberTheSkyhandler

Rookie
This is most likely needed for people who needs more animations, but somehow, for me, the animations don't play sine EBDX still says the animation is missing, when i did put the stuff in the right folders. problem aside, this is needed.

NikDie

Elite Trainer
This is most likely needed for people who needs more animations, but somehow, for me, the animations don't play sine EBDX still says the animation is missing, when i did put the stuff in the right folders. problem aside, this is needed.
Well it should work, at least no one else had the same problem as you had yet.
Are you sure you put it in the same folders?
I strolled a bit through your game presentation page, there is mentioned that you are developing a game with PE v20.1, there wouldnt be a EBDX for this version.

NikDie

Elite Trainer
Well, That Game version's changed. it is now v19.1. and yes, i did place them in the same folders.
Well, I tested it again on a fresh copy of v19.1 and it works as intented.
Which move have you tested? Cause there are not all moves implemented. So maybe you used one I didnt defined.
Plus, for a short path check, this is where the animation .rb files should be stored:
1688707953573.png

1688707966963.png

NikDie

Elite Trainer
I tried Tail whip, and yeah it didn't even recognise the file.
So you got the debug message in the debug window that no move animation for tail whip was found?
It has to be your placement of the files. Please double check it, no one else had this problem before and for me its working, so its hard to tell what could be wrong beside your file placement.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
One question: This resource is only for EBDX? I don't use EBDX that's why i'm asking in case it works without it.

Back