• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokémon Zirconium is now recruiting!

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mak

Edge Lord
  • Project Title:
Pokémon Zirconium

• Looking to recruit:
In order of priority:
-Composer
(Seeking to expand the soundtrack and include a few unique compositions for particularly important battles and areas, as the current OST consists almost exclusively of reused gen 4/5 music and soundfont remixes of RMXP and DS Pokemon spinoff MIDIs)

-Fakemon Designer/Artist
(Specifically regional forms and/or evolutions, this role is mostly for conceptualization and/or conversion into sprites. Fully finished and shaded art is certainly appreciated, but not entirely necessary)

-Tile Artist (DS-Style)
(While the majority of the game's tiles can and have been made without much trouble, having someone a bit more experienced could help to give areas a bit more identity they may otherwise be lacking in.)

-Scripter
(Primarily for minor bugfixes, though creating a few deeper custom tweaks to the game later down the line certainly wouldn't hurt.)

-Character Artist/Designer
Almost all notable characters have been designed and sprited by this stage, this role would mostly exist for potential redesigns and artwork where it may be fitting

• Team Members:
Makattack202 - Everything, until now
Vendily - Scripting
AOZero2 - Composing
  • Kit used:
Pokémon Essentials v18.1 (w/ MKXP)
  • Project description:
Pokémon Zirconium takes place in the sprawling Honnis Region, home to an untold amount of secrets and Pokémon. This project originally started in 2019 as a sort of Sinnoh reimagining, before slowly molding into something a bit more distinct. Development has not been as steady as I would prefer, but regardless, progress is being made, and even the current in-dev version has over 12 hours of content.
  • Plot outline:
It is by chance one day that you fall into the Honnis Underground, left to fend for yourself with only a single Pokéball. Through a rather unusual series of events, you find yourself wrapped up in a conspiracy that threatens to shake the very foundation of the region. Oh, and you have to beat 8 gyms, I guess.
  • Unique features:
-Access to every single Pokémon up to Gen 9.
-The Treat Trait system, a sort of equalizing system allowing for even unevolved Pokémon to keep up with their evolved counterparts.
-Over 80 different variants of preexisting Pokémon.
-The Honnis Underground, an open environment with all kinds of wild Pokémon that scale to your level.
-Boss Pokémon, 2v1 battles designed to challenge your team.
-A multitude of different sidequests with all kinds of rewards and stories.
-Various QoL features and changes to make the gameplay experience more smooth.
  • Progress/Screenshots:
Currently at roughly Gym 3, slowly reaching a point for a public demo.
2Jk5i56.png
  • Method of Contact:
Message Mak#0850 on Discord or here on Relic Castle, if preferred. I have no plans for any sort of dev server, so pretty much all dev-related dealings will likely be done purely through DMs.

Last edited:

Mak

Edge Lord
Bumping to clarify that we are still recruiting!

Also going to note that there was an issue with the Discord username on the recruitment post being accidentally different (Nitro expired and changed the tag, on top of a typo of all things) for a time, but this issue has since been fixed.
Still, if any further issues come up with contacting me on Discord, do feel free to message me here on Relic Castle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back