• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Studio Gimli is recruiting team members for Pokémon Hunter Frontier!

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naristhel

Rookie
title.png
Greetings to all Pokémon fans, I'm Naristhel and I'm part of the Studio Gimli team, developing Pokémon Hunter Frontier (link to the project in detail on this forum: https://eeveeexpo.com/threads/5105/). I'm looking for help in completing some components of the project, more details below.​

PARATOAD.png
Project Title: Pokémon Hunter Frontier
  • Looking to recruit: a scripter and spriters (it would be better to have more than just one, in order to divide the workload: ぱうえる, another member of the team is already doing a splendid job on the monsters but She could really use help.)
  • Team Name/Team Members: Studio Gimli (3 members - Naristhel, ぱうえる, TechSkylander1518)
  • Kit used: Pokémon Essentials ver. 19.1.
  • Project description: Pokémon Hunter Frontier's aim is to bring the flourishing and thriving world of Monster Hunter to life in a new and exciting way. The player will be able to traverse the world map of the acclaimed Capcom franchise and capturing the monsters that inhabit it. Based on Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter 2, Monster Hunter Freedom, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Monster Hunter Tri/3U, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, Monster Hunter 4/4U and Monster Hunter Generations/GU, it offers a unique take on the concept of fangame by revisiting these two franchises in a retro-styled way, reminiscent of second generation Pokémon games (Gold, Silver, Crystal).
  • Plot outline: The player starts their adventure by finding a strange idol in route 29, which sucks them away in a black hole of goo, teleporting them to an unknown place.
    Where did they land? Is this place safe? Are they the first to step foot in here? As they move along they will discover a wonderful world full of new species to encounter and places to explore, while a looming shadow dangerously wait in the dark for the moment to strike.
    Without a pokémon to protect them and stranded in a stranger land, they will have to forge new alliances with the people they will found along their journey to find a way home.
  • Unique features:
  • 200+ different monsters, each one with their own unique abilities, different forms and evolution paths.
  • New system replacing the HM progression.
  • Complete overwrite of the gyms and gym leaders system, focusing on a new approach to game progression.
  • Characters from both the Pokémon and Monster Hunter franchise.
  • Simple and intuitive crafting and questing system and interface.
  • 50+ new moves, inspired by the creature from the Monster Hunter games.
  • Complex and enticing world building and lore, faithful to both franchises.
  • Lots of end game content, including dungeons and very difficult boss battles, coupled with various activities such as daily monsters and a battle tower.
PARATOAD.png
Progress/Screenshots:​
  • Monsters:
FURIOUSRAJANG.png
GRIMCLAWTIGREX.png
HELLBLADEGLAVENUS.png
MIZUTSUNE.png
RAGINGBRACHYDIOS.png
SAVAGEDEVILJHO.png
VALSTRAX_1.png
  • Locations:
Screenshot (7).png
Screenshot (8).png
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (10).png
Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (13).png
Screenshot (14).png
Screenshot (15).png
Screenshot (16).png

PARATOAD.png
  • Method of Contact: If interested, contact me with a DM on this forum, via Discord (#1326) or send me an e-mail on pex98@libero.it
  • Additional Information: What the project is currently missing are sprites for monsters (in the overworld and in the battle screen) and sprites for trainers in the battle screen, better coding of abilities and an overall check on my already existing and clunky codes.

Maor80

Cooltrainer
What is your ID in discord? I would want to beta the game

Naristhel

Rookie
The game isn't in a state where I would want people to start playing it yet: what I mean by this is that it isn't in Beta as of now, it's Alpha at best.
I'm working with people I know in real life to playtest for bugs or glitches or inaccurancies on my part, that way is faster if I need to correct them. When the main plot of the fangame is completed, I will release a Beta for everyone to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back