• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

New Emerald tileset layout

glassbetelgeuse

Hoenn Enjoyer
I've been making a tileset of all the stuff from Emerald for Essentials since I haven't been able to find a tileset that has all the tiles on it, including the animated ones, and I have all the tiles on it, but I was wondering if people have any opinions on the layout. I've been bouncing back and forth between trying to mimic the FRLG default as closely as possible (which would entail making a lot of tiles or having a lot of empty space) or having a condensed but reasonably well-organized version that won't necessarily be as easy to plug-and-play collision-wise (which would be a lot more work on the back end for any users).

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
I've been making a tileset of all the stuff from Emerald for Essentials since I haven't been able to find a tileset that has all the tiles on it, including the animated ones, and I have all the tiles on it, but I was wondering if people have any opinions on the layout. I've been bouncing back and forth between trying to mimic the FRLG default as closely as possible (which would entail making a lot of tiles or having a lot of empty space) or having a condensed but reasonably well-organized version that won't necessarily be as easy to plug-and-play collision-wise (which would be a lot more work on the back end for any users).

Any thoughts?
I'm fine with both but the former would be like a texture pack which I think would be cool.

momobiased

Rookie
I think if you're willing to do both or provide the raw assets for someone to merge into their own tileset in addition to your precompiled one that'd be good.

Back