• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Automatic Trainer Generator 1.0

ChampChar110

Trainer
roei110 submitted a new resource:

Automatic Trainer Generator - An easy to use DEBUG alternative to create undefined trainers

The DEBUG gameplay right now lets you create on-game the undefined trainer.
This script helps you create them even faster, randomizing the trainer's party by their trainer-type filters.

Features:
  • Faster way to create trainers' parties.
  • Provides a basic party (and then you can change it manually over PBS/trainers.txt
  • Some settings to change.
Dependencies:
  • None
Installation:
  • Download the zip file from the...

Read more about this resource...

Sonicover

Cooltrainer
2 things: 1st, amazing script, really has saved me a lot of time thinking about teams for routes
And 2nd, I'm having this error whenever y try to use a trainer class that has a power value:

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Script error in event 89 (coords 16,23), map 103 (Test Room)
Exception: ArgumentError

***Full script:
TrainerBattle.start(:COOLTRAINER_M,"asdRichyd")
Backtrace:
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:23:in `>'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:23:in `block in randomizeTeam'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:23:in `select'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:23:in `randomizeTeam'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:61:in `randomizeTrainer'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:117:in `block in pbNewTrainer'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:116:in `loop'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:116:in `pbNewTrainer'
Trainer_LoadAndNew:122:in `pbMissingTrainer'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:167:in `pbMissingTrainer'
In this case the Cool Trainer M it's assignated to the "Ace Trainer" type class with a power of 450, but trying to generate it causes the crash. I theorize its the "Power" aspect because turning it into a comment avoids the crash, but I hope you could solve it. It's a minor thing but kinda annoying

ChampChar110

Trainer
2 things: 1st, amazing script, really has saved me a lot of time thinking about teams for routes
And 2nd, I'm having this error whenever y try to use a trainer class that has a power value:

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Script error in event 89 (coords 16,23), map 103 (Test Room)
Exception: ArgumentError

***Full script:
TrainerBattle.start(:COOLTRAINER_M,"asdRichyd")
Backtrace:
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:23:in `>'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:23:in `block in randomizeTeam'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:23:in `select'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:23:in `randomizeTeam'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:61:in `randomizeTrainer'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:117:in `block in pbNewTrainer'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:116:in `loop'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:116:in `pbNewTrainer'
Trainer_LoadAndNew:122:in `pbMissingTrainer'
[Automatic Trainer Generator] Trainer Generator_Main.rb:167:in `pbMissingTrainer'
In this case the Cool Trainer M it's assignated to the "Ace Trainer" type class with a power of 450, but trying to generate it causes the crash. I theorize its the "Power" aspect because turning it into a comment avoids the crash, but I hope you could solve it. It's a minor thing but kinda annoying
Yes, I made a mistake with that. Try changing the following:
  • On "Trainer Generator_Types.rb". Change :POWER => [450], into :POWER => 450, (without brackets)

Coumbiagou

Novice
I have a question, can i define the trainer generator to only use the Pokémon defined in the Pokédex?

Back