• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Pokemon World Tournament (Unofficial V20.1 Port)

Resource Pokemon World Tournament (Unofficial V20.1 Port) 1.0.4

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
If I remember right, by default, trainers should use the themes associated with their trainer class in Rounds 1 and 2 or the default battle theme if they don't have a theme associated with their class). If you want to remove theme theme from Round 3, just delete the following line of code in 002_CoreSystem.rb
Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
$PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBGM = "B2W2 212 PWT Final Round!"

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
Heya! I love this script, I'm almost done adding all the gym leaders from all the regions, but I have some set up questions
1. How the plugin chooses the pkmn in the Sudden Death round? I want that all trainers use their ace :v
2. Can I make a tournament that only accepts three pkmn? Without the other options

DenisGamer456

Novice
I tried to put the 2 types of tournaments in the config part, then I did it like this in the image but for some reason it only appears to me the jotho leaders excluding the Kanto Leaders mode, which I did wrong and I'm sorry for the question I'm new to these things
1685509637512.png

Vendily

Elite Trainer
I tried to put the 2 types of tournaments in the config part, then I did it like this in the image but for some reason it only appears to me the jotho leaders excluding the Kanto Leaders mode, which I did wrong and I'm sorry for the question I'm new to these things
You've merged two different tournaments together, meaning that all the johto leader data overrode the kanto leader stuff. make sure it's two separate register calls.

DenisGamer456

Novice
I think I understand where you want to go, is it with this line, right? so what command do I need to put for the second tournament to appear?
1685567606009.png

LinKazamine

Champion
I think I understand where you want to go, is it with this line, right? so what command do I need to put for the second tournament to appear?
View attachment 18232
Not that line, no. That won't make the tournaments separate. With that, you are just telling the script what the player has to do for that option to appear.
In the settings.rb there is already a commented-out example right above the register for the Kanto Leaders tournament. You have to copy all the text between the "=begin" and "=end" and edit its contents to fit your new tournament. You'll have to copy all that text for every tournament you want to add.

KnightOfTigers

The one who fights as fiercely as a tiger
Hello there, I'm having some trouble editing the 002_CoreSystem file. I recently edited my graphics to be gen 4 styled, so I want to make sure the overworld sprites we see displayed on the scoreboard where you can see all the trainers are correctly aligned.
I edited the line 332 which normaly is
Snippet:
Expand Collapse Copy
@board.bitmap.blt(24+(gwidth-44-(bitmap.width/4))*x,24+(gheight/6)*y,bitmap,Rect.new(0,0,bitmap.width/4,bitmap.height/4),opacity)
I edited the 2nd 24 to a 10 if I recall correctly. When playtesting, I got a nice result on the scoreboard, then proceeding to the battle when it should begin right after the opposing trainer pre-battle dialog, I get the following error
Script error in event 54 (coords 15,4), map 22 (PWT Stadium)
Exception: SystemStackError

***Full script:
$PWT.continue

Backtrace:
[PWT System] 002_CoreSystem.rb:699:in `prepare_battle'

I couldn't fix it by just setting back the changed value, I had to reinstall the plugin to fix the error.

Is there maybe anything wrong that I'm doing or are we not supposed to be able to edit this line?

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
I get this error when interacting with the event that displays your wins and losses.
=================

[2023-07-25 15:52:13 -0700]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 12 (coords 8,6), map 109 (Pokemon League)
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
$stats.pwt_loss.values.sum > 0 || $stats.pwt_wins.values.sum > 0
Backtrace:
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
Interpreter:143:in `eval'
Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'
Interpreter_Commands:426:in `command_111'
Interpreter_Commands:29:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:133:in `block in update'
Interpreter:90:in `loop'
Interpreter:90:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:268:in `update'
Scene_Map:160:in `block in update'

KnightOfTigers

The one who fights as fiercely as a tiger
Hello again, I'm getting a new error when starting a PWT, it seems to happen when I should be teleported to the stadium map.
It occurs randomly though as sometimes the tournament will start correctly and other times the error appears.
It doesn't happen on a specific tournament, I tried on other ones and this will also randomly happen.

Also this time removing and putting a fresh copy of the plugin doesn't fix this unfortunately.

Here's the error from the log :
=================

[2023-07-30 10:39:06 +0200]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in Common Event, map 22 (PWT Stadium)
Exception: RGSSError

***Full script:
startPWT

Backtrace:
[PWT System] 002_CoreSystem.rb:604:in `rect'
[PWT System] 002_CoreSystem.rb:604:in `update'
[PWT System] 002_CoreSystem.rb:384:in `updateMiniboard'
[PWT System] 002_CoreSystem.rb:716:in `pbUpdateSceneMap'
[PWT System] 002_CoreSystem.rb:486:in `transferPlayer'
[PWT System] 002_CoreSystem.rb:109:in `initialize'
[PWT System] 002_CoreSystem.rb:753:in `new'
[PWT System] 002_CoreSystem.rb:753:in `startPWT'

Blayze18

Rookie
I copy and pasted this from the extract, can you help me with what this means.

[2023-12-04 12:45:48 -0600]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 36 (coords 15,4), map 82 (MAP082)
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
$PWT.continue

Backtrace:
[PWT System] 002_CoreSystem.rb:771:in `pbPWTBattle'
[PWT System] 002_CoreSystem.rb:418:in `startTournament'
[PWT System] 002_CoreSystem.rb:134:in `continue'
Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'
Interpreter_Commands:1112:in `command_355'
Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:133:in `block in update'
Interpreter:90:in `loop'

Lory

Rookie
As the player moves towards the stage, the camera remains focused on the player, which is probably why the NPCs may also move. However, it would be better if the camera remained fixed on the stage and did not follow the player's movements. As an example: it would be good if it worked like in the example video. This is what my problem looks like.
Can someone help me please?

Attachments

• Desktop 2024.02.09 - 12.26.08.02.DVR.mp4
    8.6 MB
Back