• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Pokemon World Tournament (Unofficial V20.1 Port)

Resource Pokemon World Tournament (Unofficial V20.1 Port) 1.0.4

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
DerxwnaKapsyla submitted a new resource:

Pokemon WOrld Tournament (Unofficial V20.1 Port) - Wanna give your post-game some pizzaze? Like the concept of tournaments? We got it!

This is a port of Luka S.J.'s original PWT script from v17.2. There have been some changes to it, mostly to modernize it for the current build of Essentials. Significant changes have been made to bring the system in line in v20.1 standards, and other misc. tweaks have been made to account for new and updated functions.

All of the files are in their relevant folders except for the two map files, "PWT Lobby" and "PWT Stadium". In order to use these...

Read more about this resource...

REALMUGEN

Trainer
Thank you for this...
Along with EBDX, this script is the only thing I had to update in my project.

(I followed the process on Discord, thanks for the effort)

Damian Castaway

Rookie
09187a398cef942328b992f862575d6e.png

https://gyazo.com/09187a398cef942328b992f862575d6e

I'm receiving this error, it seems to crash right as the graphic for the brackets are called:

a107a005cdec899b7e0dd13f99c3691b.png

https://gyazo.com/a107a005cdec899b7e0dd13f99c3691b

No idea whats actually causing this since I haven't touched any of the events from the map itself but it really hates Event 36 with the $PWT.continue script :)

Last edited:

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
So, the issue isn't with event 36, as this is a straight copy. You will want to check to make sure that the trainers in your event have correctly defined graphics.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
As seen in the sample video, the opponent characters aren't using a walking animation. That's very jarring.

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
That's a limitation of the overworlds- they don't have walk frames, because they never moved around in FrLg. Giovanni is the exception, as he moved around plenty. I wwwnt going to hunt down iverworlds where they moved around just for an example video, haha

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
That's a limitation of the overworlds- they don't have walk frames, because they never moved around in FrLg. Giovanni is the exception, as he moved around plenty. I wwwnt going to hunt down iverworlds where they moved around just for an example video, haha
Oh, makes sense. Nvm then, as the characters I'll eventually use have walking sprites!

Damian Castaway

Rookie
So, the issue isn't with event 36, as this is a straight copy. You will want to check to make sure that the trainers in your event have correctly defined graphics.
Is there any chance we could get a more solid explanation for the graphics naming scheme? I've got them named trchar(x) where x is their numerical value in Trainer_Types

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
Is there any chance we could get a more solid explanation for the graphics naming scheme? I've got them named trchar(x) where x is their numerical value in Trainer_Types
It follows the default naming scheme used in an unedited copy of v20.1 of Essentials; which is to say,
O66B84m.png
It doesn't use trchar anymore, because Essentials doesn't use trchar anymore.

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
heya, is there a limit of trainers I can add? I tried adding all gym leaders from gen 1-9, but it gives me a error after Norman, so.. 20 trainers, I guess?
I deleted him and the error just passed to the next trainer

Attachments

• ERROR.png
    ERROR.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 116

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
Can you post the entirety of the tournament's trainer brackets for further analysis please?
It's huge, sorry about that, I've tested deleting the trainers before and after Norman and got two different errors, I'll try redowloading the plugin and some more tests
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
module PWTSettings
# Information pertining to the start position on the PWT stage
# Format is as following: [map_id, map_x, map_y]
PWT_MAP_DATA = [3,21,14]
# ID for the event used to move the player and opponents on the map
PWT_MOVE_EVENT = 37
# ID of the opponent event
PWT_OPP_EVENT = 35
# ID of the scoreboard event
PWT_SCORE_BOARD_EVENT = 34
# ID of the lobby trainer event
PWT_LOBBY_EVENT = 6
# ID of the event used to display an optional even if the player wins the PWT
PWT_FANFARE_EVENT = 38
# If marked as true, it will apply a multiplier based on the player's current win streak. Defeault to false.
PWT_STREAK_MULT = false
end

module GameData
  class PWTTournament
    attr_reader :id
    attr_reader :real_name
    attr_reader :trainers
    attr_reader :condition_proc
    attr_reader :points_won

DATA = {}

extend ClassMethodsSymbols
    include InstanceMethods

def self.load; end
    def self.save; end

def initialize(hash)
      @id             = hash[:id]
      @real_name      = hash[:name]          || "Unnamed"
      @trainers       = hash[:trainers]
      @condition_proc = hash[:condition_proc]
      @rules_proc     = hash[:rules_proc]
      @banned_proc    = hash[:banned_proc]
      @points_won     = hash[:points_won]    || 3
    end

# @return [String] the translated name of this nature
    def name
      return _INTL(@real_name)
    end

def call_condition(*args)
      return (@condition_proc) ? @condition_proc.call(*args) : true
    end
    def call_rules(*args)
      return (@rules_proc) ? @rules_proc.call(*args) : PokemonChallengeRules.new
    end
    def call_ban_reason(*args)
      return (@banned_proc) ? @banned_proc.call(*args) : nil
    end
  end
end

##################################################################
# The format for defining individual Tournaments is as follows.
=begin
GameData::PWTTournament.register({
  :id => :Tutorial_Tournament,            # Internal name of the Tournament to be called
  :name => _INTL("Kanto Leaders"),        # Display name of the Tournament in the choice selection box
  :trainers => [                        # Array that contains all of the posssible trainers in a Tournament. Must have at least 8.
                [:ID,"Trainer Name","Player Victory Dialogue.","Player Lose Dialogue.",Variant Number,"Lobby Dialogue.","Pre-Battle Dialogue.","Post-Battle Dialogue"], # Trainer 1
                [:ID,"Trainer Name","Player Victory Dialogue.","Player Lose Dialogue.",Variant Number,"Lobby Dialogue.","Pre-Battle Dialogue.","Post-Battle Dialogue"]  # Trainer 2, etc
               ],
                                        # Trainers follow this exact format.
                                        # ID and Trainer Name are mandatory.
                                        # Victory dialogue will default to "..." if not filled.
                                        # Lose dialogue will default to "..." is not filled in either here or trainers.txt. If Lose dialogue is filled here, it overrides the defined line from trainers.txt
                                        # Variant Number will default to 0 if not filled.
                                        # If there is no Lobby Dialogue they will not appear in the Lobby map
                                        # Pre- and Post-battle Dialogue is optional and will display nothing if not filled.
  :condition_proc => proc {             # The conditions under which this Tournament shows up in the choice selection box. Optional.
    next $PokemonGlobal.hallOfFameLastNumber > 0
  },          
  :rules_proc => proc {|length|            # This defines the rules for the rules for an individual tournament. More rules can be found in the Challenge Rules script sections
    rules = PokemonChallengeRules.new
    rules.addPokemonRule(BannedSpeciesRestriction.new(:MEWTWO,:MEW,:HOOH,:LUGIA,:CELEBI,:KYOGRE,:GROUDON,:RAYQUAZA,:DEOXYS,:JIRACHI,:DIALGA,:PALKIA,:GIRATINA,:REGIGIGAS,:HEATRAN,:DARKRAI,:SHAYMIN,:ARCEUS,:ZEKROM,:RESHIRAM,:KYUREM,:LANDORUS,:MELOETTA,:KELDEO,:GENESECT,:XERNEAS,:YVELTAL,:TAPUKOKO,:TAPUBULU,:TAPULELE,:TAPUFINI,:SOLGALEO,:LUNALA,:ZACIAN,:ZAMAZENTA,:ETERNATUS,:CALYREX,:MIRADON,:KORAIDON))
    rules.addPokemonRule(NonEggRestriction.new)
    rules.addPokemonRule(AblePokemonRestriction.new)
    rules.setNumber(length)
    rules.setLevelAdjustment(FixedLevelAdjustment.new(50))
    next rules
  },
  :banned_proc => proc {                # Displays a message when a team is ineligable to be used in a tournament.
    pbMessage(_INTL("Certain exotic species, as well as eggs, are ineligible.\\1"))
  },
  :points_won => 2                        # A configurable amount of Battle Points won after a tournament.
})
=end

GameData::PWTTournament.register({
  :id => :Kanto_Leaders,
  :name => _INTL("World Wide"),
  :trainers => [
                [:LEADER_Brock,"Brock","Your Pokémon's powerful attacks overcame my rock-hard resistance...\nYou're stronger than I expected...","My barrier was tough to break. Maybe next time.",0,"You were pretty tough! I can't wait to face off against you again!","I'm Brock! I'm an expert on Rock-type Pokémon.","Brock: I really enjoyed the battle with you.\nStill, the world is huge! I can't believe you got past my rock-hard defense!"],
                [:LEADER_Misty,"Misty","You are a skilled Trainer, I have to admit that.","Looks like out of the two of us, I was the better Trainer.",0,"My pride and joy are my Water-type Pokémon. But they were no match for yours. Thank you for teaching me the world is a really big place.","I'm Misty! I'm a user of Water-type Pokémon! Are you good enough to beat me?","Know what? My dream was to go on a journey and battle powerful Trainers... I made my dream come true, and now... my next dream is to defeat you!"],
                [:LEADER_Surge,"Lt.Surge","You shocked my very core, soldier!","At ease son, not everyone can beat me.",0,"You are very strong! You're the victor! I'm not gonna lose! I'll train hard and be number one in Pokémon battling!","The name's Lt. Surge! When it comes to Electric-type Pokémon, I'm number one!","Even my electric tricks lost. You're excellent! Keep goin' like lightning!"],
                [:LEADER_Erika,"Erika","Oh my! \nLooks like I've underestimated you.","Keep practicing hard, and one day you will be the victor.",0,"Oh! I admire your technique. It would make me very happy if I could battle with you again.","My name is Erika, and I love Grass-type Pokémon.","I concede defeat... You are remarkably strong.... That was a delightful match. I felt inspired."],
                [:LEADER_Sabrina,"Sabrina","Impossible! I did not predict this!","The outcome was just as I predicted.",0,"Your victory... It's exactly as I foresaw.","Three years ago I had a vision of battling you. I am a psychic after all... You still want to battle?","Your power... It far exceeds what I foresaw... Maybe it isn't possible to fully predict what the future holds..."],
                [:LEADER_Koga,"Koga","You've got a great battle technique!","My technique was the superior one!",0,"You showed me true battle techniques, we should arrange a meeting to share your skills.","Fwahahaha! A mere child like you dares to challenge me? The very idea makes me shiver with mirth! Very well, I shall show you true terror as a ninja master!","I subjected you to everything I could muster. But my efforts failed. I must hone my skills."],
                [:LEADER_Blaine,"Blaine","Your flame burnt me up!","My flames are not something everyone can handle.",0,"You really burned your way down that Tournament!","My fiery Pokémon are all ready with intense heat! They incinerate all challengers!","I have burned down to nothing! Not even ashes remain! "],
                [:LEADER_Giovanni,"Giovanni","What? \nMe, lose?!","I could have never lost to a kid like you!",0],
         [:LEADER_Falkner,"Falkner","I understand... I'll bow out gracefully.","Now you know the real power of bird Pokémon!",0,"As long as I have lofty ambitions, I can fly as far as I want. I'll keep flying and aiming high! Just like you!","I'll show you the real power of the magnificent bird Pokémon!","A defeat is a defeat. You are strong indeed. I'm going to train harder with my Pokémon to become the greatest Bird Keeper of all!"],
         [:LEADER_Bugsy,"Bugsy","Aw, that's the end of it...","I guess I'm done reporting my research findings!",0,"I never lose when it comes to Bug-type Pokémon. I'm so embarrassed to have said that. I'll start my studies of other Pokémon over from the beginning, too. I'm truly grateful that you made me realize I need to do that.","I never lose when it comes to Bug-type Pokémon.","Whoa, amazing! You're an expert on Pokémon! My research isn't complete yet."],
         [:LEADER_Whitney,"Whitney","Ugh...","See? Didn't I tell ya? My Pokémon are really strong!",0,"I was surprised by how strong you were! I can see why you won the tournament. When you have a chance, tell me all about why you're so strong!","I'm warning you---I'm good! If you lose to me, you'd better not cry!","Waaaaah! Waaaaah! ...Snivel, hic. ...You meanie! ... ... Ah, that was a good cry! I'm going to get even stronger and challenge this again!"],
         [:LEADER_Morty,"Morty","How is this possible...","I moved...one step ahead again.",0,"I'm desperate to know the secret of your strength. If I unlock the secret, my dream to see the legendary Pokémon may come true! Excuse me. I got ahead of myself. Congratulations on your victory.","You're going to help me reach the next level in my training!","I don't think our potentials are so different. But you seem to have something... Something more than that..."],
         [:LEADER_Chuck,"Chuck","No... Not...yet...","See? My Pokémon were as strong as I said!",0,"Hmmm! I enjoyed battling you. The Trainer who wins the tournament has got something special!","I have to warn you that I am a strong Trainer!","Hmm... I lost? How about that!"],
         [:LEADER_Jasmine,"Jasmine","Well done...","I'm glad... I won...",0,"The blend of your kindness and your Pokémon's strength brought this victory to you. Um... Keep on doing your best... with your Pokémon.","I am Jasmine. I use the... Clang! Steel type!","...You are a better Trainer than me, in both skill and kindness. Um... I don't know how to say this, but good luck..."],
         [:LEADER_Pryce,"Pryce","Hmm. Seems as if my luck has run out.","This is winter's harshness.",0,"If it's someone like you, I'm sure you'll keep winning and will find something important. Keep it up.","I, Pryce--the Winter Trainer--shall demonstrate my power!","I am impressed by your prowess. With your strong will, I know you will overcome all life's obstacles."],
         [:LEADER_Clair,"Clair","It's over?","Come on! You've got to get tougher than this!",0,"What?! Come to brag about your victory? Fine. I'll say it to you. Congratulations! You were really tough! There! Are you happy now?","I am Clair. The world's best Dragon-type master.","I lost? I don't believe it. There must be some mistake..."],
         [:LEADER_Roxanne,"Roxanne","So… I lost…","I learned many things from our battle.",0,"You were flawless. You're a role model for Trainers. The way you battle makes it hard to put it any other way. I can understand why you won! I want to learn even more about you!","Would you kindly demonstrate how you battle and with which Pokémon?","It seems that I still have much more to learn… I will participate in the tournament again. Will you be my opponent then as well?"],
         [:LEADER_Brawly,"Brawly","Whoa, wow! You made a much bigger splash than I expected!","All right! I rode the big wave!",0,"Your skill is top notch... You made a big splash! Do you want to Surf with me?","So you wanted to challenge me? Let me see what you're made of!","Someday your talent will become a big wave, creating a storm of surprise among Pokémon Trainers!"],
         [:LEADER_Wattson,"Wattson","Wahahahah! Fine, I lost! You ended up giving me a thrill!","Wahahahah! Well, I won! How was the battle? Thrilling, right?",0,"Wahahahah! That was a great victory! I'm so impressed by the way you battle that I can't help but laugh!","You look like you have a lot of zip! That's a good thing. Wahahahaha!","Wahahahaha! I swell with optimism, seeing a promising young Trainer like you!"],
         [:LEADER_Flannery,"Flannery","Oh... I guess I was trying too hard...","I... I won! I guess my well-honed moves worked!",0,"Your strength is the way you're able to express yourself. Everybody was very excited by your victory!","I'm going to demonstrate the hot moves I honed close to a volcano!","Your strength sure reminds me of someone... You must have battled with many different people and learned good things from them every time, huh?],
         [:LEADER_Norman,"Norman","I can't believe it. I lost to you?","We both gave everything we had. That was a wonderful match.",0,"You went all out and earned that victory… You're a wonderful Trainer! I want my kid to learn from you.","I will do everything in my power as a Trainer to win. You'd better give it your best shot, too!","I'm going to redouble my training by taking on this tournament! It would bother me as a Trainer to not avenge my loss to you!"],
         [:LEADER_Winona,"Winona","A Trainer that commands Pokémon with more grace than I...","Our elegant dance is finished!",0,"Your devotion... That's what brought you victory. It's praiseworthy.","Witness the elegant choreography of my Pokémon and I!","Though I fell to you, I will remain devoted to bird Pokémon."],
         [:LEADER_Wallace,"Wallace","That was wonderful work. You were elegant!","I've shown you plenty of the water illusions performed by me and my Pokémon!",0,"The reason for my defeat… It's… The grand illusion of water! It wasn't enough!","At times your Pokémon should dance like a spring breeze, and at times they should strike like lightning. I want to feel bedazzled by your masterful performance!","Bravo! I realize now your authenticity and magnificence as a Pokémon Trainer. I find much joy in having met you and your Pokémon."],
         [:LEADER_Juan,"Juan","Ahahaha, excellent! Very well, you are the winner","Ahahaha, I'm the winner! Which is to say, you lost.",0,"I see! Your elegance radiates glitz and glamor. It's only natural that you won the tournament.","Please, you shall bear witness to our artistry. A grand illusion of water sculpted by Pokémon and myself!","From you, I sense the brilliant shine of skill that will overcome all! However, you are somewhat lacking in elegance. Perhaps I should make you a loan of my outfit? ... Hahaha, I merely jest!"],
         [:LEADER_Roark,"Roark","Wh-what? That can't be! My buffed-up Pokémon!","See? I'm proud of my rocking battle style!",0,"With skill like yours, it's natural for you to win. Still, wasn't it hard to train Pokémon that much?","I need to see your potential as a Trainer. And, I'll need to see the toughness of the Pokémon that battle with you!","...We lost control there. Next time, I'd like to challenge you to Fossil-digging race underground in the Sinnoh region."],
         [:LEADER_Gardenia,"Gardenia","Aww, really? My Grass-type Pokémon are growing good and strong, too...","Yes! My Pokémon and I are perfectly good!",0,"Amazing! Hey! How do you feel? I want to win and brag about my Pokémon, too!","Let's cut to the good stuff! Let's get down to battle!","Wherever I go, I still try to be as tough as I can."],
         [:LEADER_Maylene,"Maylene","I shall admit defeat... You are much too strong.","Thank you very much. I learned a lot from it.",0,"Looking at the way you battle, I learned something! You like your Pokémon! I think it's wonderful!","I'm pleased to meet you. Whenever you're ready!"," can't explain what it means to be strong. I don't know how much effort goes into being strong... But being with Pokémon lets us keep making the effort, doesn't it?"],
         [:LEADER_Wake,"Wake","Hunwah! It's gone and ended! How will I say this... I want more! I wanted to battle a lot more!","I won, but I want more! I wanted to battle a lot more!",0,"I may have lost, but battling with you was fun! I hope your victory will put more smiles on people's faces!","My Pokémon will take everything you can throw at them and then pull you under! Victory will be ours! Come on, let's get it done!","The styles of battling and winning are as widely varied as Trainers are. Do you want to know how I battle? I battle so I can say I had fun at the end, whether I win or lose!"],
         [:LEADER_Fantina,"Fantina","You are so fantastically strong. I know why I have lost.","You are strong. But it's me who won.",0,"I'm so very happy! Because you're so very strong! There's so much I can learn from you. I can become even stronger. When I do, let's battle again!","You shall challenge me, yes? But I shall win. That is what the Gym Leader of Hearthome does, non?","I am dumbfounded! So very, very strong! You, your Pokémon, so strong! Your power is admirable!"],
         [:LEADER_Byron,"Byron","Hmm! My sturdy Pokémon--defeated!","Gwahahaha! How were my sturdy Pokémon?!",0,"Guhahahaha! I lost, but I saw something great. Well, guess I'll go back to Sinnoh and start my son's training over! All right! Next time I take part in the tournament, I'll play to win!","I, Byron, will take your challenge!","Gwahahaha! You were strong enough to take down my prized team of Pokémon. I recognize your power. Please show your power to other Trainers, too!"],
         [:LEADER_Candice,"Candice","You're mighty! You're worthy of lots of respect.","I sensed your will to win, but I don't lose!",0,"You won because your focus was far greater than the others! Yes! I have to focus even more as well!","You're the opponent of Candice? Sure thing! I was waiting for someone tough!","Wow! You're great! You've earned my respect! I think your focus and will bowled us over totally. But next time I'll focus even more and won't lose!"],
         [:LEADER_Volkner,"Volkner","You've got me beat... Your desire and the noble way your Pokémon battled for you... I even felt thrilled during our match. That was a very good battle.","It was not shocking at all... That is not what I wanted!",0,"I like how your Pokémon respond to your earnest enthusiasm. I'm glad someone who knows how to enjoy Pokémon battles won the tournament.","I hope you're the Trainer who'll make me remember how fun it is to battle!","...Hehehe. Hahahah! ...That was the most fun I've had in a battle since...I don't know when! It's also made me excited to know you and your team will keep battling to greater heights!"],
         [:LEADER_Cilan,"Cilan","Huh? Is it over?","Huh? Did I win?",0,"Well...I'm just glad I was able to bring out the delectable charm of Grass-type Pokémon. I lost, though... Well, more importantly, congratulations!","Nothing personal... No hard feelings... Me and my Grass-type Pokémon, um... We're gonna battle, come what may.","What a surprise... You are very strong, aren't you? I guess my brothers wouldn't have been able to defeat you either..."],
         [:LEADER_Chili,"Chili","You got me. I am...burned...out...","I'm on fire! Play with me, and you'll get burned!",0,"You scorched everyone, huh? That's amazing! I want to win too and become Chili, the world's best Trainer of Fire-type Pokémon!","The Fire-type scorcher, Chili. That's me. I will be your opponent!","Whoa ho! You're on fire! But you have to hand it to me for putting up a good fight, right?"],
         [:LEADER_Cress,"Cress","Lose? Me? I don't believe this.","This is the appropriate result when I'm your opponent.",0,"The pairings for the tournament partly contributed to your victory. Please keep training. I plan on retraining myself with the aim of defeating you after you've become even stronger.","That is correct! It is I, Cress, Water-type enthusiast, whom you must face in battle!","How amazing! Even if there were a lot of reasons, you managed to defeat someone as impressive as me!"],
         [:LEADER_Lenora,"Lenora","You're impressive! And quite charming, aren't you?!","What's wrong? Could it be you misread what moves I was going to use?",0,"Battling is second nature to you, isn't it? It's always best to be natural, no matter when it is and what kind of situation you're in. Your victory is the result of that, right?","Well then, Trainer, I'm going to research how you battle!","Your fighting style is so enchanting. It is charming. I'm glad I met you!"],
         [:LEADER_Burgh,"Burgh","Is it over? Has my muse abandoned me?","Wow... It's beautiful somehow, isn't it...",0,"Ummm... That's right. Bug-type Pokémon are cool, aren't they? Win or lose, they're always beautiful.","Thanks again for your help. My Bug-type Pokémon are scurrying with excitement about getting to battle you. Let's get straight to it!","Aww... I lost. Whatever! Losing to you doesn't bug me, because you are a-MAZ-ingly strong!"],
         [:LEADER_Elesa,"Elesa","I meant to make your head spin, but you shocked me instead.","That was unsatisfying somehow... Will you give it your all next time?",0,"My Pokémon work hard for me, so I want to do what I can for them. And I want them to bathe in the glamorous spotlight as well. In that sense, your Pokémon were gleaming very brightly!","My beloved Pokémon are going to make your head spin!","My, oh my... You have a sweet fighting style."],
         [:LEADER_Clay,"Clay","Well, I've had enough... And just so you know, I didn't go easy on you.","It's simple, hear! I wanted to win more than ya did!",0,"Am I all right with a Trainer like ya winning the Tournament, ya say? Ya think there're stronger Trainers out there yet?","How much stronger ya get comes from how much you want to win! Always be loyal to that desire, ya hear?","Fer such a young 'un, ya have an imposin' battle style. I wonder what kind a journey ya had that made ya so strong. But, I still don't like losin'!"],
         [:LEADER_Skyla,"Skyla","Being your opponent in battle is a new source of strength to me. Thank you!","Win or lose, you always gain something from a battle, right?",0,"I'm in top form, and I can see what my opponent is trying to do. And I still couldn't win! That's because Pokémon battling is really deep, and you're really great!","Why don't you and I have some fun?","You're a pretty amazing Pokémon Trainer, aren't you? My Pokémon and I are happy, because for the first time in a while, we could fight with our full strength."],
         [:LEADER_Brycen,"Brycen","The wonderful combination of you and your Pokémon! What a beautiful friendship!","Extreme conditions really test you and train you!",0,"A tournament is a story, too... And the stars of this story were you and your Pokémon.","You are strong! No, both you and your Pokémon are strong!"],
         [:LEADER_Drayden,"Drayden","This intense feeling that floods me after a defeat... I don't know how to describe it.","Harrumph! I know your ability is greater than that!",0,"I may be old, but I desire victory! This desire is the energy for life! It's the power to surpass who I was the previous day! I complement you on your victory, but next time, victory will be mine!","What I want to find is a young Trainer who can show me a bright future.","Wonderful. I'm grateful we had a chance to meet and battle. Make a bright future--not just for yourself, but for others as well."],
         [:LEADER_Roxie,"Roxie","Wild! Your reason's already more toxic than mine!","Hey, c'mon! Get serious! You gotta put more out there!",0,"Congrats on taking first! Losing stinks, but still... You're a fun Pokémon Trainer to battle! I mean, c'mon! The Pokémon battling with you are all like, "We're gonna win!","Get ready! I'm gonna knock some sense outta ya!","You didn't win... I lost! I was weak and made my Pokémon feel how much losing stinks! Watch out! Next time we meet, I'm going to give you a toxic shock!"],
         [:LEADER_Marlon,"Marlon","You're strong as a gnarly wave and as nice as a glassy sea.","You're tough, but it's not enough to sway the sea, 'K!",0,"Eh, right now, you're like a ragin' sea that washes everythin' away! Uihaa! What a great battle, yo!","I'm strong like the ocean's wide. You're gonna get swept away, fo' sho'. Eh, that's enough talk! I'll prove it! Let's get started, 'K?","You don't just look strong--you're strong fo' reals! Eh, I was swept away, too!"],
         [:LEADER_Viola,"Viola","You and your Pokémon have shown me a whole new depth of field! Fantastic! Just fantastic!","You still presented a fantastic show!",0,"The world you see through a lens, and the world you see with a Pokémon by your side... The same world can look entirely different depending on your view.","That determined expression...  Fantastic! This'll be just fantastic! Now come at me! My lens is always focused on victory--I won't let anything ruin this shot!.","You and your Pokémon have shown me a whole new depth of field! Fantastic! Just fantastic!"],
         [:LEADER_Grant,"Grant","You have proven to be a wall that I am unable to surmount!","Do not give up. That is all there really is to it. The most important lessons in life are simple.",0,"There are some things that seem out of reach no matter how hard you try. However, it's important that you never give up--no matter the opponent or the odds. I could tell from our battle that you and your Pokémon understand that. ","There is only one thing I wish for. That by surpassing one another, we find a way to even greater heights.","Yes, this is the way it should be. This way both humans and Pokémon will grow."],
         [:LEADER_Korrina,"Korrina","It's your very being that allows your Pokémon to evolve!","My bonds with Lucario are unstopabble!",0,"What an explosive battle! As long as Pokémon and Trainers have the kindness to care for each other and give each other courage, the world will be full of smiles!","Time for Lady Korrina's big appearance! Haha, I'm just messing around with you! I know, you're rollin' in the aisles, right? I already know you're a strong Trainer, so let's get this show on the road!","Oh! I have been defeated! Alack, alay! Lady Korrina gave a terrible display! This is it. I must give up my title and admit that your strength far exceeds-- Just teasing!"],
         [:LEADER_Ramos,"Ramos","A true friendship with Pokémon takes time. Yeh can't force it, yeh little whippersnapper!","Hohoho... Indeed. Frail little blades o' grass'll break through even concrete.",0,"Yeh believe in yer Pokémon... And they believe in yeh, too... Mighty oaks from acorns grow.","I know I'll enjoy another Pokémon battle with yeh, sprout, sure as trees grow up!","Yeh believe in yer Pokémon... And they believe in yeh, too... It was a fine battle, sprout."],
         [:LEADER_Clemont,"Clemont","Your passion for battle inspires me!","Looks like my Trainer-Grow-Stronger Machine, Mach 2 is really working!",0,"How did the world look after defeating the Champion? I really want to understand it. The way the world looks to a real Pokémon Champion... I'm trying to invent a machine that will let me see it for myself.","It's not my own strength that matters, nor any other Trainer's. None of us would be here if it weren't for our Pokémon","I'm glad whenever I get to learn from other strong challengers. Thank you for the battle!"],
         [:LEADER_Valerie,"Valerie","I hope the sun is shining tomorrow... That would be reason enough to smile.","Oh goodness, what a pity...",0,"What do you think it is exactly that separates humans from Pokémon? Is there even need for such a thing? Why should they be separate from one another?","The elusive Fairy types may appear frail as a breeze and delicate as a bloom, but they are strong.","That was truly a captivating battle. I might just be captivated by you."],
         [:LEADER_Olympia,"Olympia","Create your own path. Let nothing get in your way. Your fate, your future.","Create your own path. Let nothing get in your way. Your fate, your future.",0,"With your Pokémon. Countless stars light your way forth. You have no limits.","A ritual to decide your fate and future. The battle begins!","Winner and loser. A winged Pokémon leads on, to the goal of both."],
         [:LEADER_Wulfric,"Wulfric","Outstanding! I'm tough as an iceberg, but you smashed me through and through!","I was the thougher ice this time.",0,"Ice-type Pokémon are cold to the touch. Give one a hug and you're in for a chill. But you know what? They're only cold on the outside. On the inside, they have hearts as warm as anyone!","Impressive! Your Pokémon fought with great courage. I can tell that you've trained your Pokémon well.","You know what? We all talk big about what you learn from battling and bonds and all that, but really, I just do it 'cause it's fun. Who cares about the grandstanding? Let's get to battling!"],
         [:LEADER_Milo,"Milo","The power of Grass has been wilted...","Woohoo! We’re tough as weeds!",0,"Harsh sunlight actually livens up some Grass-type Pokémon! But on the other hand, it means they're in for an even worse time than usual if they go up against Fire types...","It's quite the honor, so let's have a great time together, taking it nice and slow.","Soon you'll be the one to face down Gym Challengers aiming for your title. I can't wait to see what talent grows!"],
         [:LEADER_Nessa,"Nessa","You had no problem handling our surging might. It's no wonder that you won.","The waves have receded, and only I left standing... ",0,"I have my best team, and we train and we train... But then you're always just one step ahead. Maybe that's why I can't stop thinking about you.","No matter what kind of plan your refined mind may be plotting, my partner and I will be sure to sink it.","You and your Pokémon are just too much... You defeated my team, so now you've got to ride that current all the way to the end!"],
         [:LEADER_Kabu,"Kabu","Good Pokémon and a great Trainer! It's no surprise that you won!","A fine performance, I'm already looking forward to our next match!",0,"I'll always press on and challenge myself so that I can go on as a Pokémon Trainer for as long as possible. As long as you continue to push yourself, your brilliance will never fade.","A tournament that ends when you lose! Whoever can keep up the heat will win!","I really enjoy battling you. It's a great way for me to feel my own growth! And I plan to keep growing and battling, until I become an old coot that nobody can beat!"]
#still more to add
        ]
  :rules_proc => proc {|length|
    rules = PokemonChallengeRules.new
    rules.addPokemonRule(BannedSpeciesRestriction.new(:MEWTWO,:MEW,:HOOH,:LUGIA,:CELEBI,:KYOGRE,:GROUDON,:RAYQUAZA,:DEOXYS,:JIRACHI,:DIALGA,:PALKIA,:GIRATINA,:REGIGIGAS,:HEATRAN,:DARKRAI,:SHAYMIN,:ARCEUS,:ZEKROM,:RESHIRAM,:KYUREM,:LANDORUS,:MELOETTA,:KELDEO,:GENESECT,:XERNEAS,:YVELTAL,:TAPUKOKO,:TAPUBULU,:TAPULELE,:TAPUFINI,:SOLGALEO,:LUNALA,:ZACIAN,:ZAMAZENTA,:ETERNATUS,:CALYREX,:MIRADON,:KORAIDON))
    rules.addPokemonRule(NonEggRestriction.new)
    rules.addPokemonRule(AblePokemonRestriction.new)
    rules.setNumber(length)
    rules.setLevelAdjustment(FixedLevelAdjustment.new(50))
    next rules
  },
  :banned_proc => proc {
    pbMessage(_INTL("Certain exotic species, as well as eggs, are ineligible.\\1"))
  },
  :points_won => 2
})

EDIT: after some testing, the default works fine, my edits of kanto leaders work fine, adding all the others don't work
now I'll test adding one by one
EDIT 2: found a missed quotation mark on Flannery, I was looking for a error in Norman instead, probably there's another one with a mispelling and that's why it's giving me a error
EDIT 3: Roxie's quote had a quotation mark, so I took it out
the plugin works fine now!

Attachments

• ERROR.png
    ERROR.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

ced15h

Rookie
Hey everyone! I wanted to know how to edit the script so I can give each trainer their own unique BGM instead of using the default BGM for each round. For example, if I was battling Steven in round 1 and Cynthia in round 2, I would want the Hoenn Champion theme to play instead of the Kanto Gym Leader theme in round 1 and then the Sinnoh Champion theme to play instead of the Hoenn Gym theme in Round 2. Would appreciate if someone can help me go about this. Thanks so much!

Back