• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokémon Calamity

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version
Pokémon
Calamity

1673480248184.png

PC_Isaac_1.png

The Story so far...
Explore the region of Bronc! Grab your trainer's license from the Battle Association and embark on your journey! Battle all eight Gyms, make it to the Elite Championship, and face off against the best trainers in the region. Beat them all then defeat your father the Champion to become the best in the region. All the while you deal with Team Supreme and their "fashionably" rare Pokémon. Stop them from stealing and bullying their way to the top. Uncover a secret plot that will quite literally shake the nation. Save the world from an ancient entity and cataclysmic disaster. All in a days work for teenage Pokémon prodigy!

starters.png

Features!
  • A Pokedex with filled exclusively "MS Paint" styled Fakemon. Aiming for at least 150 Fakemon, we are currently at 90.
  • A Starter trio consisting of Psychic, Dark, and Fighting Pokemon
  • Togglable Exp All
  • Some unique abilities and moves (Ex. Shatter: The Pokémon shatters when knocked out, leaving pointed stones behind. aka stealth rocks)
  • Follower Pokemon. We are aiming to have as many Pokemon able to follow as possible
  • Mini Games!
  • Speed Up
  • Dynamax Dens
  • Calamity Forms of Pokémon
  • Online Trading and Battling (IN DEVELOPMENT)
  • Battle Houses: A building full of trainers with competitive battle sets

others.png

Screenshots
Screenshotws.png

Version Played: Essentials V20

Current State:
We currently have 4 gyms done, and are close to releasing a demo. The upgrade to v20 has us redoing a lot of events so it may take some time. We have concept art for a female character and will be spiriting them soon. More Pokemon are being made constantly as we work on the game so expect more than 90 by the time we release the demo. This is the first time any of us have worked on a Pokémon game and there are only a few of us so development has been slow.

In case anyone was wondering why "MS Paint" style for the Fakemon, it was because we didnt know how to sprite so we decided it would be more approachable.

TURTOY.png

Credits:
Head Developer: SloppyPasta
Character & Fakemon Artist: Beardgator, Manny Marz, Frito Dragon, and Yado
Map Making: Raezr999
Music: ShinyArmor
Playtesting: Gnomater, Sweet Lava

Special Thanks for Commissions and Permissions from:
Fakemon Philippines- Some Fakemon Designs
Emdasche- Trainer Battle & Wild Pokemon Theme
Ildilios- Character Pack
Chaotic Cherry Cake- Indoor Tiles
Princesspheonix- Battlebackgrounds
fanmade studios- Team Skull Hideout
Turners Megapack- Battlebacks
AutumnSprite- Trainer Sprite
PkmnAlexandrite- Tiles
WesleyFG- Tiles
Flurmimon- Nature Tiles
Hek- Temple Tile
Pablus94- Grass Autotile
Spaceemotion- Ship Tile
Morlock-Liam- Sun and Moon Buildings
Zeo253- Tech Sign
Mew 3- Tileset Indoor
Zerudez- Gargobble Line
Descendedfromullr- Cave Tiles
Lucidious89- Essentials Deluxe, ZUD, Enhanced UI
Techskylander1518- Prizewheels, Rename from Party
-FL- Ball Catch Game
Magiscarf- For many many Tiles :)
Marin and Phantombass- Better Speed Up
DiegoWT- Bag Screen, Starter Selection
Voltseon- Pause Menu
Deep Blue, Pacific Waves- BW Mart Screen
Golisopod User, Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71, PurpleZaffre, Akizakura16, Thundaga, Armin (Fairies Resource Pack), Maruno- Followers EX

For Pokemon Essentials:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Thank you everyone!

We're eager to see everyone's thoughts on the game at first glace.
We'll work diligently to put out a demo soon! You​

Last edited:

safr

Elite Trainer
I be honest the Pokémon design looks simple and childish but endearingly cute and make me smile for some reason and I don't know is this your aim during the design or not but it work for me, and don't think too much about you guy's don't know how to sprite because from the screenshot it looks blending pretty well with the environment, especially the brown starter caught my eyes and make me smile.

From the screenshot i can see you use gen iv graphics sprite and tile, especially how you make the fakemon follow us around in overworld showing how serious you are for this project for now because that hard to do especially for new fakemon👍

In the end hope this will be released someday and don't forget to stay healthy and safe ☺️👍

SloppyPasta

An Actual Darmanitan
I be honest the Pokémon design looks simple and childish but endearingly cute and make me smile for some reason and I don't know is this your aim during the design or not but it work for me, and don't think too much about you guy's don't know how to sprite because from the screenshot it looks blending pretty well with the environment, especially the brown starter caught my eyes and make me smile.

From the screenshot i can see you use gen iv graphics sprite and tile, especially how you make the fakemon follow us around in overworld showing how serious you are for this project for now because that hard to do especially for new fakemon👍

In the end hope this will be released someday and don't forget to stay healthy and safe ☺️👍
Thank you! We’re close to releasing a demo so hopefully you’ll get to play it soon.

pizzataco890

Trainer
Pokémon
Cataclysm
View attachment 14946

View attachment 14947
The Story so far...
Explore the region of Bronc! Grab your trainer's license from the Battle Association and embark on your journey! Battle all eight Gyms, make it to the Elite Championship, and face off against the best trainers in the region. Beat them all then defeat your father the Champion to become the best in the region. All the while you deal with Team Supreme and their "fashionably" rare Pokémon. Stop them from stealing and bullying their way to the top. Uncover a secret plot that will quite literally shake the nation. Save the world from an ancient entity and cataclysmic disaster. All in a days work for teenage Pokémon prodigy!

View attachment 14948
Features!
  • A Pokedex with filled exclusively "MS Paint" styled Fakemon. Aiming for at least 150 Fakemon, we are currently at 90.
  • A Starter trio consisting of Psychic, Dark, and Fighting Pokemon
  • Togglable Exp All
  • Some unique abilities and moves (Ex. Shatter: The Pokémon shatters when knocked out, leaving pointed stones behind. aka stealth rocks)
  • Follower Pokemon. We are aiming to have as many Pokemon able to follow as possible
  • Mini Games!
  • Speed Up
  • Dynamax Dens
  • Cataclysm Forms of Pokémon
  • Online Trading and Battling (IN DEVELOPMENT)
  • Battle Houses: A building full of trainers with competitive battle sets

View attachment 14949

Screenshots

Version Played: Essentials V20

Current State:
We currently have 4 gyms done, and are close to releasing a demo. The upgrade to v20 has us redoing a lot of events so it may take some time. We have concept art for a female character and will be spiriting them soon. More Pokemon are being made constantly as we work on the game so expect more than 90 by the time we release the demo. This is the first time any of us have worked on a Pokémon game and there are only a few of us so development has been slow.

In case anyone was wondering why "MS Paint" style for the Fakemon, it was because we didnt know how to sprite so we decided it would be more approachable.

View attachment 14952
Credits:
Head Developer: SloppyPasta
Character & Fakemon Artist: Beardgator, Manny Marz, Frito Dragon, and Yado
Map Making: Raezr999
Playtesting: Gnomater, Sweet Lava

Special Thanks for Commissions and Permissions from:
Emdasche- Trainer Battle & Wild Pokemon Theme
Ildilios- Character Pack
Chaotic Cherry Cake- Indoor Tiles
Princesspheonix- Battlebackgrounds
fanmade studios- Team Skull Hideout
Turners Megapack- Battlebacks
AutumnSprite- Trainer Sprite
PkmnAlexandrite- Tiles
WesleyFG- Tiles
Flurmimon- Nature Tiles
Hek- Temple Tile
Pablus94- Grass Autotile
Spaceemotion- Ship Tile
Morlock-Liam- Sun and Moon Buildings
Zeo253- Tech Sign
Mew 3- Tileset Indoor
Zerudez- Gargobble Line
Descendedfromullr- Cave Tiles
Lucidious89- Essentials Deluxe, ZUD, Enhanced UI
Techskylander1518- Prizewheels, Rename from Party
-FL- Ball Catch Game
Magiscarf- For many many Tiles :)
Marin and Phantombass- Better Speed Up
DiegoWT- Bag Screen, Starter Selection
Voltseon- Pause Menu
Deep Blue, Pacific Waves- BW Mart Screen
Golisopod User, Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71, PurpleZaffre, Akizakura16, Thundaga, Armin (Fairies Resource Pack), Maruno- Followers EX

For Pokemon Essentials:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Thank you everyone!

We're eager to see everyone's thoughts on the game at first glace.
We'll work diligently to put out a demo soon!​
The game sounds cool and epic. I wanted to what the starters being and final typings are. Can make it so the other starters can caught during post game.

SloppyPasta

An Actual Darmanitan
Can you add discover server that game realy intrested mew actually made a
We actually haven’t made a server because I particularly wasn’t sure if people would actually be interested in the development of the game. Maybe we will make one.

peazza

Rookie
the designs of the fakemon are so well done! I can't wait to see more <3 And this all looks so fun and cute <3 i'm a casual player with pokemon and i have a very low attention span but i think i could stay focused and interested with playing this for a long time

SloppyPasta

An Actual Darmanitan
the designs of the fakemon are so well done! I can't wait to see more <3 And this all looks so fun and cute <3 i'm a casual player with pokemon and i have a very low attention span but i think i could stay focused and interested with playing this for a long time
Thank you very much!

Kaidrian123

Novice
Any plans to make the save data transferrable from the demo to the main release?
It’s….going lol. Rather then just putting out what we have I want to have something somewhat polished instead of getting immediate feedback on what we have now. Demo coming soon! At least 4 Gyms.

SloppyPasta

An Actual Darmanitan
Uh well only update i really have is that, due to me not being able to stop comparing myself to others I've stopped working on it. Maybe one day ill make the demo playable but who knows. Sorry.

Back