• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource [v20\v21] Secret Bases Remade 3.0.0

LinKazamine

Champion
Try with either pbSecretBase(ID) or pbNewSecretBase(ID). The ID has to be the name you put between [ ] in the secret_bases.txt with : before it. For example, I defined a secret base with the id [HouseRoute1] so the calls would be pbSecretBase(:HouseRoute1) and pbNewSecretBase(:HouseRoute1).

Since you still need to register the secret base on the PBS file, that will create an event on the base's entrance that the player can interact with (so they can go inside the base). That will cause the problem that the player will be able to access the base through that event. You can make it pass as the player getting in contact with the agent to see and buy the place from there if you leave the base's entrance somewhere accessible to the player.

Hiyouri

Novice
Try with either pbSecretBase(ID) or pbNewSecretBase(ID). The ID has to be the name you put between [ ] in the secret_bases.txt with : before it. For example, I defined a secret base with the id [HouseRoute1] so the calls would be pbSecretBase(:HouseRoute1) and pbNewSecretBase(:HouseRoute1).

Since you still need to register the secret base on the PBS file, that will create an event on the base's entrance that the player can interact with (so they can go inside the base). That will cause the problem that the player will be able to access the base through that event. You can make it pass as the player getting in contact with the agent to see and buy the place from there if you leave the base's entrance somewhere accessible to the player.

I gave up on the project. The purchase will be done as you did it originally. Anyway, thank you very much for the help you gave me. 😎👌

Hiyouri

Novice
I have another question for you... I want to give a house to the player at the beginning of the game but with the possibility of buying others later so I was wondering if it was possible to only pass the yes or no choice for only 1 house?
With maybe a starting house option?

LinKazamine

Champion
You would have to manually register the chosen base, which I don't know how to do.

Back